Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Re: Nerf the bad player welfare system.

Jul 14, 2013

i think there is some misconception about how much extra stuff gets thrown around...i have seen whole craftables maybe 3x ever.  and i think all 3 were a last man standing thing.  

i have also seen supply boxes with only 1 piece in them, but this seems to happen when we are up by more than 10 in differential.

i think in general, people look for a reason they lost, and they really dont like a sense that the control was taken out of their hands (so i totally understand being perturbed at the more supplies for losing teams or players that got killed 4x with no downs), but i dont think it's NEARLY as big a deal as people are making it out to be.  

thesuzukimethod wrote:

i dont think it's NEARLY as big a deal as people are making it out to be.  

I think this applies to the entire internet, at almost all times, and especially on discussion forums.  i would love to have these discussions face to face, so we could be more civil.  something about faceless anonymity turns us into snarky trolls, myself included.  #sorryaboutthat.

Message 41 of 87 (219 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6814 posts

Jul 14, 2013

I have plenty of times where I play support. It isn't neccesarily at the very start of the match but a good few minutes in. This usually happens when I'm not focused on kills and have a large gap of points less than my team, like 1000+ less that I'll get 100 parts tons of supplies and either 1 molotov or bomb.

Feet
Message 42 of 87 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 14, 2013

i stand corrected?

i'm guessing we are mostly at least above average or better players.....i'm not sure we'd be posting on the forums if we weren't, at least in terms of time spent, which generally makes you better.

and having people keep play this game will make it more fun....it's not fun to hold their hands, but it's not fun to drive them away either.  It's a balance between a learning curve that rewards skill/tenacity but doesn't alienate randoms.  we are not competitive gamers.. Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 87 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17424 posts

Jul 14, 2013

Played some Survivors, tonight, barely managed to concoct two molotovs through 8 matches, and they were close matches.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 44 of 87 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6781 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

That explains quite a bit.. I didn't know it worked that way. I've played some matches where we're winning by quite the margin but for half the match I'm wondering how the hell these guys are getting so many bombs and molotovs while I've opened every box.

Photobucket
Message 45 of 87 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14213 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

James5955 wrote:

That explains quite a bit.. I didn't know it worked that way. I've played some matches where we're winning by quite the margin but for half the match I'm wondering how the hell these guys are getting so many bombs and molotovs while I've opened every box.

Yeah.. It works in a horrible way that gives them not only a chance to come back, but an actual win. But if they aren't actually good players they wont benefit from the tools they are being given anyway.

More often than not fortunately the players aren't good enough to mount a challenge even with the free win toolboxes.

I've seen some free wins taken though, by myself and by other teams. It tends to happen more frequently in the parties allowed playlist since most people are in 4's of decent players there.

I'd be more than willing to leave the weapons as they are, this however needs some changing. I don't mind there being a system in place to help people but not when they are only slightly behind. that changes games

I've noticed the system kicks in as soon as the team are like.. 1 point behind. We went behind, I opened a box and got all the parts for a molo. That has happened on more than one occasion.

Maybe I'm just getting lucky on that though, but it sure looks like it's kicking in at a mere one point difference.

also yeah Sand is right.. It actually gives the bad players stuff even if they are on the winning team. While I'm against the opposition getting a helping hand as early as they do.. If you are on the winning team you don't need any help. Team game. You win and lose as a team.

Message 46 of 87 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6814 posts

Jul 15, 2013

this welfare system is weird, even on the losing team im getting very little. if you are carrying a losing team and are the only one with any points you still get like nothing...

Feet
Message 47 of 87 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

Really?? Because I thought this was one if the best things to balance a team getting their **bleep** handed to them and you dont see a system like it in ANY other game. In games like COD it always baffled me why they would give a player who gets 25 kills in a row an item or killstreak that would allow them to get another 10 kills. That just SCREAMS unbalanced unless its just meant to get the probably already losing match over quicker. 

If anything I want to see something like this in any Mplayer game I play. 

On a side note remember that in survivor if your team is hunting a Last Man Standing and lets say hes hold up in a house with bombs at the doors. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GOTO HIM HE HAS TO COME TO YOU. Another reason for all those supplies out of the box, last player has to play aggresive. 

Message 48 of 87 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 15, 2013

scootgar wrote:

Played some Survivors, tonight, barely managed to concoct two molotovs through 8 matches, and they were close matches.

yeah, i find molotovs to be pretty rare in survivors.  only exception is if a team is running crafter, but even then, it's not all molotovs.  you also dont see bombs on every supply box in survivors, b/c it would just be a waste.

Message 49 of 87 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013
I hate to say it but I do agree with this to some extent. I mean in a match I just played we were up by about 4 lives max, but every time you ran into the other team they had at least a molotov, bomb, and fully upgraded melee weapon per person it seemed like. While going around the map to most boxes while moving I was lucky to get enough to craft a nail or smoke bomb never a molotov and never the stick for a melee weapon. I'm ok with the system helping the loseing team, but I think it needs to be toned down a bit. We ended up losing this particular match by a life, but I honestly don't feel it was because they were better with their comeback but had more supplies to craft things and always had parts to keep full armour.
Message 50 of 87 (116 Views)
0 Likes