Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: New Game Mode for Multiplayer

Jun 24, 2013
I'm thinking it just flinches you, although this could be abused for melee opportunities.

Then again, gunshots also flinch you, so I don't know what to make of it.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 11 of 22 (154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 24, 2013

The way multiplayer is right now, is that its very balanced, which make somewhat competative in a way that tournaments might soon want to put TLoU on its list of games played. Therefor changing too much to the two current game modes would be destructive imo. I like all the ideas, except the infected one, that would make too big a diffrence, should implement that in another co-op like game mode imo. I have still only played the supply raid mode which i find very fun, and the whole thing with "respawns" being the way to win is very well though of.

But ye bricks and bottles would be super nice for destracting, but the option to get too many one shot melee weapons would kinda ruin it abit, i like the current option, as it would make you choose between nail bomb or bat with 1hit kill, atleast with low ressources. (without perk) 

Whatever ideas should be considered for further modes, for now we need the simpler modes for (hopefully) future tournament play!!

Message 12 of 22 (151 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Perhaps make bricks/bottles only give like a 1.5 second stun time. Its not a huge amount of time but, enough to escape or get in position for a behind the back shiv. 

I agree that perhaps it's best to just make the other ideas their own game modes. I just really hope Naughty Dog takes some of this stuff and rolls with it.

Message 13 of 22 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jun 24, 2013

I don't think anyone actually suggested that the brick or the bottle would be a one-hit kill weapon. I suggested it as an execution weapon, for when someone's down, because ANYTHING is one-hit-kill on execution. Even the fists.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 14 of 22 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

Jun 24, 2013
I dont like the brick to stun. I like the red dot in the radar when you throw it.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 15 of 22 (116 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Do Naughty Dogg developers ever comment on these forums?

Message 16 of 22 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Naughty Dog Developer
621 posts

Jun 25, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

Do Naughty Dogg developers ever comment on these forums?

All the time.

Message 17 of 22 (103 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Thats awesome, I hope you guys really expand on the MP. Its pretty fun and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with the dlc.

Message 18 of 22 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

I want to see dynamic weather implemented like Spec Ops: The Line.  For instance, Lakeside with the blizzard at the end could dramatically improve my stealth ways.

Also an infected survivor mode, where we can either team with the fireflies or kill them.  We could lead the infected to the fireflies somehow.  

Sorry, I just hate uniforms.

Also, no time limit for survivor.  Seriously, I can take them all out one by one if it would let me.

忍びの者
Message 19 of 22 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA.

You're flyin' in Firefly territory here, straggler, watch your mouth.

I do like the co-op idea.
Message 20 of 22 (60 Views)
0 Likes