Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 27 2013
By: CaptinsLog First Son 9 posts

New Mod/hack on multiplayer?

10 replies 904 views Edited Nov 27, 2013
My team mates and I have witnessed first hand team moding and have over herd conversations in the lobby about how to HACK the game. During these online encounters theres been matches that have their hole team that’s been moded and matches that have 1 or 2 players with mods. List of in game multi player hacks we’ve encountered: 1. Running speed at a constant times 2. Explanation = there moving faster than anyone and all the time not just a run sprint. Also when there doing this the radar map in the top left is messed up because there moving so fast it dose not look the same as if you were sprinting it’s a very noticeably deference. 2. Re-spawning instantly after death. Explanation = As soon as you killed anyone from there team you turn around 2 seconds later and theirs the same person you just killed. Or their hole team in the same room we just killed them in pwn-ing our hole team seconds right after you killed them. 3. Extra health Explanation = Not as bad as the god mode videos on you tube. But these players take 2 X 3 times more damage than any other regular player to go down. Clearly they have been doing this for awhile because its reflected in there stats that were all ranging from 302 - 389 for there hole team. After one of the match they were barging about how to get these hacks. These encounters are becoming more frequent. We have only noticed this going on during the new DLC maps.
Message 1 of 11 (904 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Re: New Mod/hack on multiplayer?

Nov 28, 2013

video some evidence and pm it to ND moderators.

Message 2 of 11 (883 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3641 posts

Nov 28, 2013
Amar-woOow
Message 3 of 11 (848 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2013

Propably i have seen this today, one of my teammates was almost immortal, he crouched at a supply box while an opposite player started to shoot at him and shot him 10 times from 5 feet away, my teammate ignored the enemy and collected the items of the box. 

He was always engaged in fights while I was often on the different side of the map (maybe the running cheat).  He was not completly immortal he died several times. He had no problems to win a fight against 3 people confronting them on close quarters using only his guns.

Feeled sorry for the opposite team one player was really good, but no chance to win against us with this cheater.

sorry if my English is not good, I am no native speaker, +the auto.correction doesn't work in this forum o0
Message 4 of 11 (776 Views)
Wastelander
586 posts

Nov 29, 2013
I've seen this and people like that only die from shivs, bombs/molotovs.

Extremely annoying thing to encounter.
Message 5 of 11 (768 Views)
Sackboy
511 posts

Nov 29, 2013

This is very common sadly

Message 6 of 11 (761 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Nov 29, 2013
just leave the lobby and PM their psn names to one of the two ND developers on the forum here.
--------------------
besssst coast.
Message 7 of 11 (741 Views)
Sackboy
371 posts

Nov 30, 2013

Yes, cause that will definitely get him banned! NOT.

Sony can't do anything against people with jailbroken ps3's these days.

If they ban the console-id, they just get another one or spoof it.

And that's if they even get banned, most of them aren't even showing up on Sony's radar because they modded their ps3 to appear offline.

All you can do is hope for a PS4 version. Untill that get's jailbreaked.

Message 8 of 11 (717 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
254 posts

Nov 30, 2013
Even if it doesn't get them banned, at least ND will have a record. That's the point.
--------------------
besssst coast.
Message 9 of 11 (695 Views)
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Nov 30, 2013

On the checkpoint map earlier I spawned in the upstairs of the building with the ladder on the front, jumped through the window, hit run and jumped off the ledge to go collect supplys from the box below, my teammate who had just spawned in jumped clean over the white van and I watched him sprint the whole map without stopping although he could be killed.
Unfortunately like already posted there is so many cfw ps3's out there along with other cheat methods not a great deal can be done about these invincible cheaters unless we end up with consoles performing like the xbox0ne was planned to, with console locked games etc. It would be nice to have Sony do topology checks on console discs like on the 360 (XDG3) to crush some of these people but again that could also just end up bypassed as with xbox360.

Just try and remember these idiots that need to cheat cannot achieve a decent level of skill and as much as they boast their stats/level they didn't achieve it and when they try and tr011 you ignore it and feel sorry that they are pathetic lamers that have empty lives they need to fill. 

Personally I just leave the lobby and play later after they have gone. 

I would point out with a healer/gifter on the team sometimes it does look like someone is cheating but a lot of the time there is a player behind them holding x to bandage them and crafting/gifting bombs/molotovs working as a near indestructable team. 
The concept of TEAMWORK seems lost on many players on TLOU as the run round like it's COD etc. 

Message 10 of 11 (632 Views)