Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Re: New Weapon Suggestions

Jul 20, 2013

c11n911 wrote:

yeah but ak's are tough too they dont jam no matter what & there build to last 

The myth is greater than the gun.  They're used all over the world in huge numbers because they're cheap. 

Short sight radius amplifies shooter error, open blade style partridge sights are slower for target aquisition, ergonomics suck as the rock in magazine is slower to change and the shooter has to reach over or under the weapon to charge it if you want to keep it shouldered between mag changes, no bolt hold open, sheet metal receiver between the front and rear trunnion flexes in rapid fire  to the detriment of accuracy, weakened recoil spring or slight overgassing causes the bolt carrier to hammer the rear trunnion until it can fail and if the receiver is heat treated improperly during assembly (most third world builds suck) then you run the risk of having the font trunnion and barrel leave the rifle when it fails.

It can run dirtier longer, but eventually it will jam like anything else not maintained properly.  They're better than no rifle at all, but the design is obsolete.

Message 61 of 68 (138 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Jul 20, 2013

im talking about a game weapon they dont have to deal with it jaming or maintenance of the weapon  its a game my point is its common reliable rifle & i want it in game     u dont have to write a entire paragraph trying to prove me wrong

Message 62 of 68 (127 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Jul 20, 2013
Fun Fact: Every game company has to pay gun manufacturers for the the guns they put into the game. I found that out recently, and think it's absurd.
Message 63 of 68 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2013

c11n911 wrote:

im talking about a game weapon they dont have to deal with it jaming or maintenance of the weapon  its a game my point is its common reliable rifle & i want it in game     u dont have to write a entire paragraph trying to prove me wrong

I wasn't trying to prove you wrong, just toss some info out there.  I can see why you would want it in the game, it's an iconic rifle.  Not sure how it would fit in the game though.  Anything other than a semi-auto AK clone in the U.S. is very, very rare.  Not sure how it just would be anything other than another semi-auto.  Maybe allowing people to reskin their existing weapons via unlocks would be an idea.

Message 64 of 68 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
6815 posts

Jul 20, 2013

can't most games get away with that by giving the gun a silly name and changing the look a little bit?

Feet
Message 65 of 68 (115 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Jul 20, 2013

Bricks and bottles!

Message 66 of 68 (98 Views)
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jul 21, 2013