Apr 16 2014
By: iceyfire54312 Fender Bender 4134 posts

New Weapons/perks = slippery sloop

39 replies 688 views Edited Apr 16, 2014

Naughty Dog , so far you have done very well in handling LoU MP as a whole. However adding Weapons/perks to the game is a very slippery sloop and the fact, four of them are DLC, only worsens the Slipperiness of the sloop. The Game was for the most part balanced, but now you have 20 new factors to balance.  Not to mention if any of these guns are "OP" a **** storm will start.

Be careful in how you add these factors into the game Naughty Dog, be very careful. Also seriously think about making the weapons available to everyone on the ps3 version.

As for the people yelling "Pay to win". Just wait and see, you have no way of knowing how strong/weak these weapons are. They sound strong on paper, but they may be weak in game.

~icy

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 1 of 40 (688 Views)
Naughty Paw
11595 posts

Re: New Weapons/perks = slippery sloop

Apr 16, 2014
The weapons are available to everyone in the form of preset loadouts.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 2 of 40 (682 Views)
Fender Bender
4134 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2014

It's good you can test the gun, however you're still limiting the player in how he uses that gun. Meaning only the people who have the DLC  will find the strongest combos and overall have the biggest advantage

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 3 of 40 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Apr 16, 2014

Paid DLC weapons/perks/hats/masks/backpacks/skins/taunts & free DLC maps should be the norm in UC4/TLOU2 from the beginning.

And I don't care how many people are gonna scream pay2win. Capitalism has always been "pay2win", so Deal With It (TM).

Message 4 of 40 (659 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

Apr 16, 2014

I'm intrigued how it will affect the new weapon "Specter" in the gameplay, and if the try-hard stop using the semiautomatic rifle (SAR) for the new weapon. I think the inclusion of this weapon, you need a balance because the SAR is a powerful weapon and it is necessary that Specter will be incredible (nerf SAR?==?), because it will be paying.

Message 5 of 40 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Apr 16, 2014
I still think the SAR will be tough to replace on most loadouts. If you like a easy to use gun with power and accuracy at all ranges, the SAR is still it. Especially after an upgrade or two.

Maybe the new guns add some new options and can compliment some specific play styles, but I'm not sure you can get much better than the SAR. Unless they make a full auto SAR with a bigger magazine.

I guess well see. I just hope people understand that judging a weapon for yourself is better than getting killed by a veteran try hard carrying a new gun and saying its OP. And also bear in mind that Paco, Muhammed, and Ichiro will also have access to these new weapons. Who knows how OP a lagger can make a new weapon seem.
Message 6 of 40 (643 Views)
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Apr 16, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

Paid DLC weapons/perks/hats/masks/backpacks/skins/taunts & free DLC maps should be the norm in UC4/TLOU2 from the beginning.

And I don't care how many people are gonna scream pay2win. Capitalism has always been "pay2win", so Deal With It (TM).

Im fine with DLC as long as it doesn't impact the core gameplay.

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 7 of 40 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1715 posts

Apr 16, 2014

not gonna lie, first thing im gonna do when i get all the weapons and set up some good classes, im gonna play normal maps, and beat the heck out of the poor people who dont have my advantage. well, after i play the dlc maps, and learn to use the weapons.

a red fox
a red fox
^^^ ~ Click For My Channel, Leave a Comment~ ^^^
"I can't wait to get home and lay on the floor"
Message 8 of 40 (590 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2014

lol you said sloop

It's funny because SL00P rhymes with SC00P and p00p

SL0_0P  !!!!one1111!!!!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go down a SLOPE because I've made a fool of myself...

Message 9 of 40 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7082 posts

Apr 16, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

really?

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 10 of 40 (564 Views)
0 Likes