Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/11/2010
Offline
4132 posts
 

Re: New Weapons/perks = slippery sloop

Apr 16, 2014

BortLicensePlate wrote:

lol you said sloop

 

It's funny because SL00P rhymes with SC00P and p00p

 

SL0_0P  !!!!one1111!!!!

 

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go down a SLOPE...


I was thinking of the ship for some reason XD

-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 11 of 40 (264 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/26/2014
Offline
2812 posts
 

Re: New Weapons/perks = slippery sloop

Apr 16, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

Paid DLC weapons/perks/hats/masks/backpacks/skins/taunts & free DLC maps should be the norm in UC4/TLOU2 from the beginning.

And I don't care how many people are gonna scream pay2win. Capitalism has always been "pay2win", so Deal With It (TM).


really?


What's your problem? I suggested a compromising solution to keep the pool healthy & unified.

Message 12 of 40 (260 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Offline
6710 posts
 

Re: New Weapons/perks = slippery sloop

Apr 16, 2014

I'm pretty sure people dislike pay2win much more than having to pay for maps. This kinda isn't it as we all will still have access to all of them in some shape or form, through the premade loadouts, but in general, being able to buy weapons, especially if they give you a huge advantage really does undermine the game. Cosmetic stuff, fine, but being able to buy in-game advantages is kinda messed up.

Feet
Message 13 of 40 (248 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/26/2014
Offline
2812 posts
 

Re: New Weapons/perks = slippery sloop

Apr 16, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

I'm pretty sure people dislike pay2win much more than having to pay for maps. This kinda isn't it as we all will still have access to all of them in some shape or form, through the premade loadouts, but in general, being able to buy weapons, especially if they give you a huge advantage really does undermine the game. Cosmetic stuff, fine, but being able to buy in-game advantages is kinda messed up.


I'm pretty sure that people dislike lag more than pay2win, unless you're talking about CoD people. CoD has a massive MP pool, so paid DLC maps don't cause much harm.

Do you know how many SP/Co-op gamers despise Uncharted/TLOU Competitive MP just because of laggy BS situations? The pool would be bigger if ND cared about lag. 5-10k daily players is a joke, especially when they've sold 6 million copies.

I'm also pretty sure (judging by your posts and your sarcastic sig) that you don't care about lag as much as we do or perhaps you're the beneficiary of lag.

 

TL;DR: Lag is the bane of online gaming.

Message 14 of 40 (242 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Offline
6710 posts
 

Re: New Weapons/perks = slippery sloop

Apr 16, 2014

don't know why you had to shoehorn lag into this, probably woulda been more appropriate on the other thread, as I'm not even mentioniing it here.

 

you have a personal vendetta against lag issues? Fine, I understand lag sucks hard, sorry I don't run into it as often as you apparently to see it as that big of an issue that it should be the main topic for every thread on here.

 

I have run into plenty of people who dislike MTX and other items you can buy to get, whether big or small, something that actually affects gameplay for those around you, much like you have as well with lag I suppose. I guess this goes in line with who to cater too the most, as you know they can't please everyone and even with a big playerpool, it doesn't always guarantee 100% lagless games 24/7 cuz I personally never experienced zero lag in any MP game I played otherwise.

Feet
Message 15 of 40 (228 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/26/2014
Offline
2812 posts
 

Re: New Weapons/perks = slippery sloop

Apr 16, 2014

Shoehorn lag into this? Not really. Paid DLC maps and increased lag are definitely correlated.

 

You have a personal vendetta against people who mention lag and pay2win elements? Fine, I understand that some perks (like Bomb Expert) suck hard. Then again, it's not a matter of pay2win in that case. Bomb Expert shouldn't exist in any shape or form. Paid or free, it sounds seriously messed up.

 

Believe it or not, I've played 100% lagless games where everyone had 5 bars and I loved it, especially during the 1.06.123 era. People hate lag for the same reason you hate pay2win: it actually affects gameplay for everyone (except people who get the benefit of lag compensation).

Message 16 of 40 (224 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/02/2009
Offline
1396 posts
 

Re: New Weapons/perks = slippery sloop

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2014

Sand and Sil, can you guys keep arguing for at least 3 more pages?

 

/popcorn

Message 17 of 40 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Offline
6710 posts
 

Re: New Weapons/perks = slippery sloop

Apr 17, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

Shoehorn lag into this? Not really. Paid DLC maps and increased lag are definitely correlated.

 

You have a personal vendetta against people who mention lag and pay2win elements? Fine, I understand that some perks (like Bomb Expert) suck hard. Then again, it's not a matter of pay2win in that case. Bomb Expert shouldn't exist in any shape or form. Paid or free, it sounds seriously messed up.

 

Believe it or not, I've played 100% lagless games where everyone had 5 bars and I loved it, especially during the 1.06.123 era. People hate lag for the same reason you hate pay2win: it actually affects gameplay for everyone (except people who get the benefit of lag compensation).


yes it's being shoehorned into this particular argument! This thread is literally about the new items and survival skills coming along and the "slippery slope, erhm sloop" argument. Also yes I have some concerns about a good majority of the things being introduced in the 3rd DLC, if they are good, bad, balanced, utterly gamebreaking, or whatever I don't know, they will still be much more widely available to those who buy them/season pass holders, rather than to those who don't without no real way of unlocking them unless they pay as well.

 

I've played lagless games as well, they're fun, but I personally call BS that you were able to play in several different lobbies and pools with varying players for extended amounts of times where not one person, minimum swung his 2x4 and connected a bit farther than he should've or whatever other lag inconsistencies this game has. Lag can vary yes, and can be fixed or tweaked to some degree sure, but actual gameplay changes stick there regardless, and whether you're going against a 5 bar billion dollar connection player, or some guy stealing his potatoe internet from his neighbor, those gameplay inconsistencies will always exist.

 

The personal vendetta thing, imo doesn't work against me. I'm not the one bringing lag and connection issues up in every single dang discussion regardless if they have to do with it or not.

Feet
Message 18 of 40 (193 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/26/2014
Offline
2812 posts
 

Re: New Weapons/perks = slippery sloop

Apr 17, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

Shoehorn lag into this? Not really. Paid DLC maps and increased lag are definitely correlated.

 

You have a personal vendetta against people who mention lag and pay2win elements? Fine, I understand that some perks (like Bomb Expert) suck hard. Then again, it's not a matter of pay2win in that case. Bomb Expert shouldn't exist in any shape or form. Paid or free, it sounds seriously messed up.

 

Believe it or not, I've played 100% lagless games where everyone had 5 bars and I loved it, especially during the 1.06.123 era. People hate lag for the same reason you hate pay2win: it actually affects gameplay for everyone (except people who get the benefit of lag compensation).


yes it's being shoehorned into this particular argument! This thread is literally about the new items and survival skills coming along and the "slippery slope, erhm sloop" argument. Also yes I have some concerns about a good majority of the things being introduced in the 3rd DLC, if they are good, bad, balanced, utterly gamebreaking, or whatever I don't know, they will still be much more widely available to those who buy them/season pass holders, rather than to those who don't without no real way of unlocking them unless they pay as well.

 

I've played lagless games as well, they're fun, but I personally call BS that you were able to play in several different lobbies and pools with varying players for extended amounts of times where not one person, minimum swung his 2x4 and connected a bit farther than he should've or whatever other lag inconsistencies this game has. Lag can vary yes, and can be fixed or tweaked to some degree sure, but actual gameplay changes stick there regardless, and whether you're going against a 5 bar billion dollar connection player, or some guy stealing his potatoe internet from his neighbor, those gameplay inconsistencies will always exist.

 

The personal vendetta thing, imo doesn't work against me. I'm not the one bringing lag and connection issues up in every single dang discussion regardless if they have to do with it or not.


But you're the one bringing balance issues up in everyone single dang discussion, since the G-MAL era.

 

I also call BS when you say that paid perks ruin MP games. ND has no reason to ruin TLOU MP. At least not until UC4 MP is ready, lol.

 

Your personal vendetta against people who hate lag (aka the majority) probably means that you're a lagger yourself. You haven't even denied it yet.

 

Like it or not, lag is the most important issue in Competitive MP games and it drives people away. #DealWithIt

Message 19 of 40 (182 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/06/2013
Online
3150 posts
 

Re: New Weapons/perks = slippery sloop

Apr 17, 2014
This very well may be a slippery slope aka sloop I however reserve judgment til I play with the new perks and weapons. I strongly feel the new maps will be official though.

Sihouettes is right though, there has to be a large group of people who do not partake in the mp because they feel that lag is contingent after playing this mp a couple of times, especially on the dlc which is heavily populated by foreign players. 5-10k players after selling 6 million copies is extremely low i'd say closer to 1% now which is abysmal.
Message 20 of 40 (170 Views)