Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 23 2013
By: xSKIN_N_BONESx Treasure Hunter 6257 posts

No Cinema and Reporting Hackers/Lag Switchers

12 replies 234 views Edited Jul 23, 2013

Since ND did not put in a Cinema mode (probably to save on server costs and development time) we don't have any way to show when people are hacking or glitching without being able to record matches, which many of us can't do, and even those that can't don't always have it running every single match.

It's your game ND. You need to impliment some kind of system to keep order on your servers. Whatever it takes. You don't necessarilly need a cinema mode. I'm sure cinema was costing you a lot of money in processing and especially storing the cinema files for all players. At least impliment some kind of system where your most recent match's data is recorded and after each match you can "report" that match and it sends the file to you guys for moderating. Then rather than you having to wait for several name only reports from people and still not having any solid evidence, you could just outright ban people with fool proof evidence right off the bat.

I'm sure you're "looking into" things, but we really need these things to be fixed before this gets even worse.

Anybody else have ideas for an easy way for ND to quickly and decisively handle these culprits?

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (234 Views)
Wastelander
572 posts

Re: No Cinema and Reporting Hackers/Lag Switchers

Jul 23, 2013
The one thing I don't understand is that on pre releaae the staff is out there in the public eye promoting their game. The moment negatives arise you don't hear a thing, yet they are RIGHT THEIR IN FRONT OF THEM. .

Its total blatant disregard to the people that paid $$ to buy their product.

Its obvious ND KNOWS about the prevelant hacking...the sad part is tgat they are neglecting to acknowledge the negatives, and put up a facade to the general public that nothing is going on, since 99% of the general public are not on the forums here to know how negligent ND is on the topic of their "Perfect GOTY" product.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (225 Views)
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 23, 2013

The problem is anytime someone is better than *you, they are automaticly cheating. Sometimes the lag you see is legitamite bad internet. I am level 100 somesthing rank 9 and dont believe I have seen a single instance of cheating. I have seen tons of laggers but I dont believe they are doing it intentionally. And thankfully I havent yet run into those that are indeed cheating with infinite ammo and armor. 

* I used "you" in a general sense and did NOT mean "You" personally. 

sig photo PizSig_zpsfd246efd.png
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (222 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Pizentu_DeWind wrote:

The problem is anytime someone is better than *you, they are automaticly cheating. Sometimes the lag you see is legitamite bad internet. I am level 100 somesthing rank 9 and dont believe I have seen a single instance of cheating. I have seen tons of laggers but I dont believe they are doing it intentionally. And thankfully I havent yet run into those that are indeed cheating with infinite ammo and armor. 

* I used "you" in a general sense and did NOT mean "You" personally. 

That's why I'm saying they need to impliment a way to send them proof from matches directly through the game. Anyone can call someone else a cheater, but if you send ND an in game report that contains the data from that match showing the person hacking.. well that's clearly not subjective to one person being **bleep**.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Jul 23, 2013
And not to mention it is easy to edit if it's not the in game file your watching. I could make it look like your hacking. But I won't, today.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Jul 23, 2013

ND didn't even patch the game matching all level 40~60 in 1 team leaving the other team ALL low levels. So I don't think they're gonna add cinema mode or do anything to the hackers (provided they are really cheating).

photo 6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - twitter.com/mrsjimmymare
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6419 posts

Jul 23, 2013

They have so many options here but I feel like they won't do it. They could either add this or add a report system and keep on the hackers. 

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jul 23, 2013

It was the only way to report people in Uncharted 3 and even then it was unsure if it worked. There needs to be someway to store or save matches, saying that "we needed to save money on development costs" is not a good enough excuse.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Jul 23, 2013

I agree no cinema mode mean no proof these **bleep** ruined the game and they still here since uncharted , yesterday i run into countless lag switchers whenever i downed someone or executed him no supplies and one of them he couldnt be downed

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/leviosacho/media/6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg.html
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13334 posts

Jul 23, 2013

I actually think we do need cinema mode. even if it means they have to dive way back into the game creation process.

To not have a cinema/theatre mode in these days is unforgivable.

Then again there are a lot of unforgivable devs out there.

Say what you like about CoD games but at least all the devs that work on them work extremely hard to give you a great theatre feature.

At least with the PS4 this will be a thing of the past since everything will be recordable my only fear with that is I don't know the time limitations, there has to be some. anything under 20 minutes would be horrible.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (131 Views)
0 Likes