First Son
3 posts

Re: No Puerto Rican Flag hat?

Nov 26, 2013
Arzharkhel the problem I have as a Puerto Rican with not being added along with other flags is as someone mentioned above it was based on the 22 countries who play the game the most. According to that list you, I and a crap load of Puerto Ricans living in the states and on the island were overlooked like our money doesn't count...forget race, at least respect me as a consumer. Am I to believe more people in Cuba play TLOU than in Puerto Rico? if you had to think about that for more than a second I'm saddened by the American school system because Cubans (in Cuba) struggle to afford day to day items and do not have a high number of PS3s in their households. Call of duty is another game guilty of excluding us in their flag list wich is especially desturbing to me as a Marine who has always been proud of the role Puerto Ricans have played in the military as far back as the Spanish American war.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 48 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15527 posts

Nov 26, 2013
Read the part about "country" again.

As much as it seems, PR is not a country.

Heck, if you get a hat, Texas gets one, we're ten times the size and actually were once a separate country.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 48 (88 Views)
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Nov 26, 2013

reeLONGBOW wrote:

You have the Mexican flag, lol.

And no Isreal hat? That is one of the  most important countries on the planet.

Because rich bankers are more important than starving people.

okay.

~Do the Impossible, See the Invisible~
 photo 751de066-2c16-41a9-adff-091a26c3fdf9.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 48 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1457 posts

Nov 27, 2013

scootgar wrote: Read the part about "country" again.

Heck, if you get a hat, Texas gets one, we're ten times the size and actually were once a separate country.

The above is silly, Puerto Rico at least is a commonwealth and elects its own politicians and is not inside the USA. 

Texas was its own country in the 1800's and begged the USA to annex them less than 10yrs of them being a country. To compare that to Puerto Ricans who want a hat is silly.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 48 (72 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7279 posts

Nov 27, 2013
If Puerto Rico gets a hat, then Yemen gets a hat.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 48 (68 Views)
Sackboy
468 posts

Nov 27, 2013

Arzharkhel wrote:
I'm puerto rican and I don't really see what's the issue? Why would I want a hat with a flag that I've seen endlessly in my lifetime when I can pick something else that suits me better?

Not arguing against ya, but I hardly see why it's worth making it a point.

It was weird not seeing a Puerto Rico hat but there was a Cuba hat, I guess Fidel Castro loves TLOU....

And why wouldn't you want a hat with your flag on it, when you kill people they'll know that it was a Puerto Rican, who doesn't want to bring pride to their country of origin?

It's just a game at the end of the day but it would've been nice to see it...

Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 48 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1457 posts

Nov 27, 2013

scogootz wrote:

Arzharkhel the problem I have as a Puerto Rican with not being added along with other flags is as someone mentioned above it was based on the 22 countries who play the game the most. According to that list you, I and a crap load of Puerto Ricans living in the states and on the island were overlooked like our money doesn't count...forget race, at least respect me as a consumer. Am I to believe more people in Cuba play TLOU than in Puerto Rico? if you had to think about that for more than a second I'm saddened by the American school system because Cubans (in Cuba) struggle to afford day to day items and do not have a high number of PS3s in their households. Call of duty is another game guilty of excluding us in their flag list wich is especially desturbing to me as a Marine 

The socioeconomic status of Cuba and Puerto Rico are both very similar. One may argue that the education system in Cuba is better.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 48 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15527 posts

Nov 27, 2013

INCANGENERAL wrote:

The above is silly, Puerto Rico at least is a commonwealth and elects its own politicians and is not inside the USA. 

Texas was its own country in the 1800's and begged the USA to annex them less than 10yrs of them being a country. To compare that to Puerto Ricans who want a hat is silly.

Yes, this whole topic is silly.

Puerto Rico is a commonwealth?  So is Massachussetts.  So is Virginia.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 48 (64 Views)
Sackboy
468 posts

Nov 27, 2013

scootgar wrote:

INCANGENERAL wrote:

I like this topic =)

Glad to see there's other people who share my opinion about the Puerto Rico Flag Hat, maybe they'll add it in the next patch =P

Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 48 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1457 posts

Nov 27, 2013

scootgar wrote:

Yes however , these commonwealths you are mentioning are states inside the USA who have to abide by the USA constitution. Puerto Rico does not have to and IS NOT a state of the USA. For these obvious reasons its a totally different case. Not many Puerto Ricans in Texas so you may not be too familiar with the huge differences.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 48 (58 Views)
0 Likes