Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
468 posts

Re: No Puerto Rican Flag hat?

Nov 27, 2013

Arzharkhel wrote:
@Tavo - I play almost exclusively with a party of people, so if I'm speaking Spanish most people catch up on the fact that I'm puerto rican; unless it's a wanna be funny *beep*bag that keeps cracking burrito jokes, and I've seen those a lot.

@TC - I understand your reasons, but it's a technicality issue as of why we don't get our own personal hat, considering we are not a country per se.

There's plenty of countries and nationalities that speak Spanish (Mexican, Cuban, Dominican, Venezuelan, Argentinean, Colombian, etc.).  They could've been thinkin you were any one of those..... lol

Check Out the PuertoRicanNinja!
TLOU Factions Gameplay, Montages, Funny Moments and more!
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GustavoRodriguez1991
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/puertoricanninja91
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 48 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1715 posts

Nov 27, 2013
Arzharkhel Grease Monkey Nov 26 wrote:

@Tavo - I play almost exclusively with a party of people, so if I'm speaking Spanish most people catch up on the fact that I'm puerto rican; unless it's a wanna be funny *beep*bag that keeps cracking burrito jokes, and I've seen those a lot.

@TC - I understand your reasons, but it's a technicality issue as of why we don't get our own personal hat, considering we are not a country per se.

Easy to tell who's a Puerto rican when you guys speak Spanish. Dominicans, Spaniards and Argentine people as well.
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 48 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
576 posts

Nov 27, 2013
@Tavo - Not really. A lot of the people that joke that way do know the boricua accent, they just think it's funny to call everyone that speaks Spanish a Mexican.

@incan - Yeah. Even more so if you're accustomed to each ethic group's accent. It can get annoying sometimes due to the fact that there's always some racist remark that comes our way whenever we start talking. Even from other Latino groups.
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 48 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1715 posts

Nov 27, 2013
Arzharkhel Grease Monkey 7:34 AM wrote

@Tavo - Not really. A lot of the people that joke that way do know the boricua accent, they just think it's funny to call everyone that speaks Spanish a Mexican.

@incan - Yeah. Even more so if you're accustomed to each ethic group's accent. It can get sometimes due to the fact that there's always some racist remark that comes our way whenever we start talking. Even from other Latino groups.

Bunch of little kids and immature men that wouldn't say that ish in my face nor to most Spanish speaking people. Idk where their from but in Nyc no one shows disrespect like that unless they want problems. It's easy to say things one wouldn't say in person. And yeah they definitely like to call everyone Mexican and make those lame jokes but ik they don't say that in LA because them Mexicans don't play .

"Respect all, fear none my pride is everything "-Nas one of the greatest rappers of all time.
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 48 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3639 posts

Nov 27, 2013
Wait, Cuba has internet? And ps3s? Wow! Who knew?

Is real is not important. Unless you are religious.

Antarctica hat NAIOOOOOW!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 48 (134 Views)
Wastelander
709 posts

Nov 27, 2013
If Puerto Rico gets a hat Turkey is too. They left out Turkey. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 48 (116 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
925 posts

Nov 27, 2013

As a Mexican American here are the hats i would have made: (better be glad ND made the game and not i)

XAmerica

XChina

XJapan

XMexico

XBrazil

XCanada

XEngland

XIreland

XIsreal

XEgypt

XIndia

XChili

XIceland

XGermany

XSpain

XFrance

Thats about it.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 48 (107 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
2519 posts

Nov 28, 2013

Hi all,

This has been cleaned up a bit.  Please try to keep posts relevant to the topic and respectful. Thanks!

-TaupeTurtle

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 48 (68 Views)
0 Likes