Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 05 2013
By: INCANGENERAL Uncharted Territory 1686 posts

No parties mode, do you play it ? Is it really that bad?

39 replies 340 views Edited Dec 5, 2013
After reading a few posts recently I think the no parties mode is getting a bad rep and I'm not sure it's deserving. When no parties first came out I was pleased I was going against parties on my own, and at times it was atrocious. When no parties came out I played and met several The last of us teammates. I don't play it that much now but I did heavily before.

I enjoyed winning most games and carrying my team to victory at times!! Also would use my Mic at times to try and help. I mostly played supply raid and a few much less though survivors . I've never tried interrogation no parties , that seems a bit too much to me.

So give me some feedback is it that bad,or do you enjoy playing by yourself and seeing if you can be the deciding factor for your team? Also which mode out of the 3 do you most play?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 40 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Re: No parties mode, do you play it ? Is it really that bad?

Dec 5, 2013
It's fun, but every game is a toss of the dice as far as teams. Too oftenit seems like me and one guy are the other team are the only players who know how to play. It IS pretty fun if you can play well enough since there are a lot more kills available when your teammates can't do anything, but when the entire enemy team is competant it get's aggravating.

Semi related, what I consider to be my personal best game ever was in no parties. I late joined into a game where my team had 9 spawns left and the enemy team had 14. I proceeded to get 11 downs, 12 executions, a handful of revives, and 0 deaths. It was extremely intense, and we ended up winning by a few lives.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 40 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
575 posts

Dec 5, 2013

How is "no parties" getting a bad rep?  

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 40 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1686 posts

Dec 5, 2013
Bizzerker bauer wrote: It's fun, but every game is a toss of the dice as far as teams. Too oftenit seems like me and one guy are the other team are the only players who know how to play. It IS pretty fun if you can play well enough since there are a lot more kills available when your teammates can't do anything, but when the entire enemy team is competant it get's aggravating.

Semi related, what I consider to be my personal best game ever was in no parties. I late joined into a game where my team had 9 spawns left and the enemy team had 14. I proceeded to get 11 downs, 12 executions, a handful of revives, and 0 deaths. It was extremely intense, and we ended up winning by a few lives.
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1686 posts

Dec 5, 2013

DJ ams i've read in another thread and heard people in lobbies say there's no teamwork in no parties an a lot of lone wolves. However there's spontaneity and sometimes you get decent team and other times, you gotta put the team on your back. Not to mention, met several people on there.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 40 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Dec 5, 2013
@DJ: Because it happens too often that you have terrible randumbs for teammates while the enemy team is competent and well coordinated. It makes for a terrible time.

@INCAN: It's definitely fun when you can carry your team to a close victory, but there are also plenty of times where you try your **bleep** off and all that happens is you get your kills stolen left and right and never get revived, even when they could easily do so at no risk.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 40 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
89 posts

Dec 5, 2013
prolly because of the low lvls, most higher still play party mode even at the risk of getting bad teammates
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 40 (306 Views)
Big Daddy
16248 posts

Dec 5, 2013
I play no parties most of the time. I only play party modes when invited into one by a friend, out when I need a challenge.

The player pool is decidedly inferior to the dlc playlist, same as the no dlc maps section if uncharted 3.

People are much more likely to do stupid things in this area. People sprint. ALL THE TIME.

They don't revive. They revive when enemies are killing them. Its an encyclopedia of bad decision making.

But on two occasions this last month I had a fantastic evening of gaming when everyone such around for several close games, and for of us with mics teamed up in the dlc list.

There is a lot less abusive language, and a lot less deebaggery in no parties. There are far fewer non native English speakers demonstrating their 8-word profane English lexicon, too

It can be extraordinarily frustrating, but its home.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 40 (291 Views)
Big Daddy
16248 posts

Dec 5, 2013
Sorry, meant to add: since i'm usually i'm dlc with friends from here, its usually quite easy to win there. Which gets boring. So I trend to try new loadouts there.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 40 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
571 posts

Dec 5, 2013
I usually play interrogation on "no parties" mode. Usually there's a lot better players in that mode than on the rest, which doesn't make my experience as boring as on the others.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 40 (271 Views)
0 Likes