May 21 2014
By: Fakehound Treasure Hunter 4780 posts

Not sure how I feel about Scavanger...

[ Edited ]
10 replies 252 views Edited May 21, 2014

I like how awesome it is but I dislike how awesome it is, it kinda takes away from the survival/scarcity aspect... I don't know how I feel about it... It adds more depth with loadouts but it also feels like it pushes the game in a much more aggressive tone.

How do you guys think this will affect the future of the game? It's a pretty big game changer, especially with the burst rifle, enforcer, revolver, and FAR. I feel the burst rifle gets the biggest benefit as I constantly have 30+ bullets with scavanger to destroy people with at all times, it feels kind of cheap honestly...

tlousig2
Message 1 of 11 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
9794 posts

Re: Not sure how I feel about Scavanger...

May 21, 2014
It's fine. Nothing to worry about.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 2 of 11 (248 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6410 posts

May 21, 2014

it was already possible to horde tons of ammo for your guns in the first place, obviously scavenger makes such a thing easier to do, but it doesn't exactly make the impossible possible.

photo Sniper.png
Message 3 of 11 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4780 posts

May 21, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

it was already possible to horde tons of ammo for your guns in the first place, obviously scavenger makes such a thing easier to do, but it doesn't exactly make the impossible possible.

It definitely isn't overpowered, but it does change the pace and tone quite a bit. When I'm never out of ammo anymore on a game based off scarcity (which is what I love about TLOU) then it makes things feel a bit odd. Obviously I could choose not to use it but that doesn't stop others from using it. Not complaining, just playing devil's advocate.

tlousig2
Message 4 of 11 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3802 posts

May 21, 2014
As long as they don't lower the loadouts point cost, its fine.
Message 5 of 11 (222 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

May 21, 2014

If you don't kill you don't get the benefit of it. I think it is good for aggresive players. This game is not about stealth anymore / :

They see me posting. They hating.
Message 6 of 11 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

May 21, 2014

ND is trying to make this niche MP game a bit more mainstream. Nothing wrong with that.

Message 7 of 11 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2575 posts

May 21, 2014
Its almost necessary for the FAR, i think its okay. Plus its 3rd tier isnt anything really powerful, its just the second tier thats pretty awesome. If the 3rd tier were a bit more useful then maybe,just maybe it could be considered OP
Message 8 of 11 (173 Views)
Sackboy
596 posts

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2014

Fakehound

I like how awesome it is but I dislike how awesome it is, it kinda takes away from the survival/scarcity aspect... I don't know how I feel about it... It adds more depth with loadouts but it also feels like it pushes the game in a much more aggressive tone.

I would have to think about it but I don't think I ever really ran out of ammo before it, I was just always on the edge of having no ammo in which you would switch to pistol I usually always make it to someone I downed for more ammo or even make it to a box for more ammo without scavenger,  though you can be more careless because  you have more ammo

you can even skip getting ammo from downed players because you have enough ammo with scavenger and instead of going off course to get more ammo you can just continue on where you want to go to try and down more players.

No Aim Assist
Message 9 of 11 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
441 posts

May 21, 2014
I don't see how it's a "big game changer". The game still is about stealth. Run n Gun was still here even before the DLC.
Message 10 of 11 (124 Views)