Wastelander
639 posts

Re: Official DLC Announcement! Abandoned Territiories Map Pack and new customization

Sep 27, 2013

VironZZ wrote:

why hate on a company trying to keep player base in the terms of a season pass; at least they want the player base and to keep working on this project.

The season pass has nothing to do with them wanting to 'keep the player base'. You keep the player base with regular updates. You think they wouldn't make the DLC if a certain number of Season passes were not sold? DLC is planned months in advance, they knew what they wanted to do and they're going to see it through. 

Season passes as a whole are scams, you pay money up front (non refundable) with the chance you may actually want the DLC they announce later. Take Alien Colonial Marines for example, people got majorily ripped off and there was nothing they could do about it. 

This isn't about Naughty Dog, Activision, EA....whoever. Its the industry as a whole, you like all the DLC the game offered? good for you, you got lucky. I'll buy the DLC I want not the DLC i think they'll make. 

I don't care what company it is, I'm never buying any season pass. 

(This is my opinion: Can't believe I have to say it but some people seem to take text over the internet dangeroulsy personal)

Message 21 of 84 (542 Views)
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Re: Official DLC Announcement! Abandoned Territiories Map Pack and new customization

Sep 27, 2013

TheLastLiquid wrote:
Yassir.
Kudo for you.

Notice how it's same people complaining about the season pass?

I'm starting to believe some people bought the season pass & are just throwing fits because they've waited so long. Why someone would imply people are "stupid" for buying the season pass need to get a life. You ain't God, Jesus, or Moses shut your mouth and don't matter what you "think"

Applying that 'logic' as you're not: God, Jesus or Moses it doesn't matter what you think.

Message 22 of 84 (540 Views)
Fender Bender
2854 posts

Sep 27, 2013

VironZZ wrote:

So much hate for a good console title, all of it stemming from the fact a game company prefer to take there time creating DLC rather than making the same map reboots seen in previous titles (Call of Duty). Which infact they charge more for, why hate on a company trying to keep player base in the terms of a season pass; at least they want the player base and to keep working on this project.

Give them a break; why come on the forums to moan at every update and state "oo glad I didn't even purchase" "oh won't even be playing then" etc. why browse the forums if your not even constructively criticizing.

So many old PS3, PC, Xbox 360 games across the board that literally haven't had an update for yearsss and people still play them regularly.

TLOU is a new IP so your COD reference is simply moot given the fact ND had no choice but to make new maps & they have to keep working on the title that's not even up for debate at this point in time.

P.S - ND did the same thing your bashing COD for with UC3 so yeh I guess you can't blame people for weary of them.

Message 23 of 84 (536 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
9861 posts

Sep 27, 2013
Still don't regret the season pass. I fully understood the conditions of investing in that pass. I was happy with the UC3 season pass, so a season pass for TLOU seemed like a no brainer, especially with my enjoyment of the MP Smiley Happy

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 24 of 84 (518 Views)
PlayStation MVP
19289 posts

Sep 27, 2013
Finally we get some DLC info.

I eagerly await the new maps. They look very interesting. I hope the dark atmosphere reminiscent of Downtown becomes more liked, cause I like dark levels.

The one thing I'm worried about is that the 2nd DLC drop won't be coming until December-January. Everyone will start getting their hands on a PS4 by then and the PS3 will begin to be thrown by the wayside, not to mention that the 3rd DLC will be after this point. I like that Naughty Dog is trying to keep the PS3 relevant, but I'm afraid for this strategy and it not being enough to keep people playing their PS3 and TLOU when they have a shiny new PS4.

We'll see how it works out. I'm waiting for the DLC, but I'm cautious about switching between PS3 and PS4 just to play TLOU.
Message 25 of 84 (510 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6483 posts

Sep 27, 2013

@Twin

Keep the player base with regular updates? This isn't an MMO or anything, it is a standalone game with a great SP and MP. They don't need to update the game regularly at all honestly...

photo Sniper.png
Message 26 of 84 (503 Views)
Wastelander
639 posts

Sep 27, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

@Twin

Keep the player base with regular updates? This isn't an MMO or anything, it is a standalone game with a great SP and MP. They don't need to update the game regularly at all honestly...

Fixing issues = Updates

Balancing = Updates

DLC = Updates

Party splitting, Glitches, Lack Of Gamemodes, No host migration. These are what will turn people away, not the ability to not wear 60 new hats and masks. 

The season pass is just a sure fire way to get the money for the game and DLC in one fell swoop, wether you play it or not. They're not doing you the favour by 'discounting' the DLC. Season pass owners can say "oh i'll play it e.g......" but they can;t 100% gaurentee it, they could have moved on. New consoles, new games, real life matters. You have no way of knowing you'll get everything you want out of the Season Pass. Its a gamble

Message 27 of 84 (491 Views)
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Sep 27, 2013

WELL PLAYED NDI!!! WELL PLAYED, INDEED!!! THIS SHOULD MAXIMIZE THE PLAYER POOL, DON'T YA THINK?

ABSOLUTE COMEDY here from NDI.

Laughable.

Especially enjoying the schedule for release. No one's playing the title now. Wuddya thinks gonna happen in Mid October, December/January, and early 2014? Legions of customers returning in droves to fire up this title again? Will be interesting to see what happens! More comedy to ensue!

Only super hyped fans will return for this content and hardly anyone will be in the player pool at that time as the DLC split should provide more comedy.

TOO GOOD, here from NDI! TOO GOOD!!!

Too little, too late here, I'm affraid.

Get thee to a calendar NDI, work on that scheduling, baby!

Message 28 of 84 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2013

You know ND is doing something wrong when they announced the DLC maps and there is 3+ pages and only 1 or 2 people gave their opinion on the map themselves.  The rest of the posts were compliants (valid complaints) about the schedule of the DLC.  Instead of everyone being hyped, there is more negativity.

I have mixed emotions myself.  I'm glad that the first piece of DLC is maps because next to new modes (Co-Op), this is the most requested DLC and this is the best thing ND can do to extend players interest in the MP.  Had the SP DLC dropped first and then the maps in Dec-Jan, I'm afraid the MP's coffin would be sealed shut.  I'm a little perturbed that the maps are still about 3 weeks away.  That means in 4+ months, all ND has done is produce interrogations and 4 maps?  Is ND still on vacation?

I'm hyped for the new map pack and give props to ND for putting in 4 maps into the map pack and not putting only 2 let alone 1 (hello UC3 Fort map "pack").  It's probably coincidence but Surburbs was one of the most requested maps (I posted a few times I wanted Suburbs), and the Bus Depot was also highly requested along with a few requests for the Bookstore.  Not sure what Hometown is based off of, Austin maybe?  I'm surprised ND leaked all FOUR maps this early.  I was expecting them to maybe to show pictures of the new maps but not specifically name all the maps.  

I'm going to assume that the SP DLC is going to revolve around the story of Ish because they casted a new character.  Props to ND if it is indeed Ish because although I'm whatevers with his story, his story was the most requested storyline from the fans.  

As for the last piece of DLC in the first HALF of 2014, this means it could drop in June 30th, 2014.  My guess it's going to be another map pack.   Co-Op has already been ruled out and anything with infected has been ruled out also.  I don't think the player pool will be big enough by the third DLC drop for new game modes to come out.  My guess is another map pack.  What else could it be?

As for the 60+ "bonus" season pass head items, is this really necessary?  I can understand maybe a handful of new headpieces and masks, but 60+?  I'm afraid TLOU is going to go the way of UC3 with stupid, lame, out-of-place, goofy, gay, clown items.  I do not need to see someone running around a Bozo the Clown mask with balloons and big clown shoes.  Yeah it's probably different teams that develop these goofy items, but it's not a good look when DLC hasn't dropped and you announce 60+ useless items.

#Outbreakday was like December 21, 2012. Everyone thought something crazy was going to happen, but we were just getting trolled.

Message 29 of 84 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Sep 27, 2013
Very nice.
Message 30 of 84 (434 Views)
0 Likes