Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
4821 posts
 

Re: Official DLC Announcement! Abandoned Territiories Map Pack and new customization

Sep 27, 2013

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

@Twin

 

Keep the player base with regular updates? This isn't an MMO or anything, it is a standalone game with a great SP and MP. They don't need to update the game regularly at all honestly...


Fixing issues = Updates

Balancing = Updates

DLC = Updates

 

Party splitting, Glitches, Lack Of Gamemodes, No host migration. These are what will turn people away, not the ability to not wear 60 new hats and masks. 

 

The season pass is just a sure fire way to get the money for the game and DLC in one fell swoop, wether you play it or not. They're not doing you the favour by 'discounting' the DLC. Season pass owners can say "oh i'll play it e.g......" but they can;t 100% gaurentee it, they could have moved on. New consoles, new games, real life matters. You have no way of knowing you'll get everything you want out of the Season Pass. Its a gamble


OOP! WAIT FOR IT.... WAIT FOR IT!..

 

You can wait for the DLC to come out then buy the season pass. Your logic is flawed.

tlousig2
Message 31 of 84 (344 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 08/02/2009
Offline
639 posts
 

Re: Official DLC Announcement! Abandoned Territiories Map Pack and new customization

Sep 27, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

You know ND is doing something wrong when they announced the DLC maps and there is 3+ pages and only 1 or 2 people gave their opinion on the map themselves.  The rest of the posts were compliants (valid complaints) about the schedule of the DLC.  Instead of everyone being hyped, there is more negativity.


I actually think for the SP DLC the time frame is pretty reasonable, just lie the Bioshock Infinite DLC it seems its a totally new experience rather than just a 3hr campaign with the same feel as the SP. 

 

I think all the DLC sounds kind of cool, gripe is with Season Passes, not the actual DLC. 

Message 32 of 84 (341 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/02/2009
Offline
639 posts
 

Re: Official DLC Announcement! Abandoned Territiories Map Pack and new customization

Sep 27, 2013

Fakehound wrote:

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

@Twin

 

Keep the player base with regular updates? This isn't an MMO or anything, it is a standalone game with a great SP and MP. They don't need to update the game regularly at all honestly...


Fixing issues = Updates

Balancing = Updates

DLC = Updates

 

Party splitting, Glitches, Lack Of Gamemodes, No host migration. These are what will turn people away, not the ability to not wear 60 new hats and masks. 

 

The season pass is just a sure fire way to get the money for the game and DLC in one fell swoop, wether you play it or not. They're not doing you the favour by 'discounting' the DLC. Season pass owners can say "oh i'll play it e.g......" but they can;t 100% gaurentee it, they could have moved on. New consoles, new games, real life matters. You have no way of knowing you'll get everything you want out of the Season Pass. Its a gamble


OOP! WAIT FOR IT.... WAIT FOR IT!..

 

You can wait for the DLC to come out then buy the season pass. Your logic is flawed.


Just buy the envitiable GOTY edition and save yourself more

 

YOUR logic is flawed 

Message 33 of 84 (337 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/11/2013
Offline
143 posts
 

Re: Official DLC Announcement! Abandoned Territiories Map Pack and new customization

Sep 27, 2013
So, I loooked. Uncharted 2 had one free map after a month.
Two paid dlc after 3 months.
Two paid dlc after 5 months.

Uncharted 3
4 maps paid dlc after two months. But these were retools of old uncharted 2 maps?
4 more remade paid dlc maps after 3 months
First new maps paid dlc after 5 months

Why the complaining? Seems pretty similar. Such moaning here
Message 34 of 84 (333 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/06/2013
Offline
97 posts
 

Re: Official DLC Announcement! Abandoned Territiories Map Pack and new customization

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2013

Geez, I would say that's a pretty good announcement guys. 20 bucks for all those extra dlc's. new maps, another dlc storyline and in 2014 another mp mode. Please don't take this the wrong way but what the hell more do you want ? hats and skins are just aesthetic and are just thrown in anyway.

Message 35 of 84 (307 Views)
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
20192 posts
 

Re: Official DLC Announcement! Abandoned Territiories Map Pack and new customization

Sep 27, 2013

Shiny_Pony_ wrote:
So, I loooked. Uncharted 2 had one free map after a month.
Two paid dlc after 3 months.
Two paid dlc after 5 months.

Uncharted 3
4 maps paid dlc after two months. But these were retools of old uncharted 2 maps?
4 more remade paid dlc maps after 3 months
First new maps paid dlc after 5 months

Why the complaining? Seems pretty similar. Such moaning here

 

Honestly, I don't know why people are complaining either. ND's strategy has been pretty much the same since 2009 and it's only gotten hate now. I think it has to do with GTA V, the PS4, and the fact that TLOU is pretty barebones compared to Uncharted 2 and 3.

 

Seriously, this is really nothing new in ND's long term plans. I'm surprised it even took this long for people to say that they weren't doing anything.

Message 36 of 84 (300 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/06/2013
Offline
97 posts
 

Re: Official DLC Announcement! Abandoned Territiories Map Pack and new customization

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2013

I just want to add that I grew up playing sh*t, 8 bit pixel games, so when I get to play awesome games like TLOU, I can't complain and then when they throw even more story, extra maps, and another mp mode, that just means more icing on the cake.

Try growing up and playing frickin Donkey Kong, or Mario Brothers, then you might have something to complain about.

Message 37 of 84 (294 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/12/2009
Offline
4821 posts
 

Re: Official DLC Announcement! Abandoned Territiories Map Pack and new customization

Sep 27, 2013

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

@Twin

 

Keep the player base with regular updates? This isn't an MMO or anything, it is a standalone game with a great SP and MP. They don't need to update the game regularly at all honestly...


Fixing issues = Updates

Balancing = Updates

DLC = Updates

 

Party splitting, Glitches, Lack Of Gamemodes, No host migration. These are what will turn people away, not the ability to not wear 60 new hats and masks. 

 

The season pass is just a sure fire way to get the money for the game and DLC in one fell swoop, wether you play it or not. They're not doing you the favour by 'discounting' the DLC. Season pass owners can say "oh i'll play it e.g......" but they can;t 100% gaurentee it, they could have moved on. New consoles, new games, real life matters. You have no way of knowing you'll get everything you want out of the Season Pass. Its a gamble


OOP! WAIT FOR IT.... WAIT FOR IT!..

 

You can wait for the DLC to come out then buy the season pass. Your logic is flawed.


Just buy the envitiable GOTY edition and save yourself more

 

YOUR logic is flawed 


Yeah, wait a year to play an amazing game thats player pool will drained by then and the PS4 will already be long out. But hey, you saved $20-30! You didn't think that through did you?

tlousig2
Message 38 of 84 (284 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/25/2013
Offline
1872 posts
 

Re: Official DLC Announcement! Abandoned Territiories Map Pack and new customization

Sep 27, 2013

 

Wow look at all the entitled little brats whining. This is no different than the uncharted dlc like pony addressed. My 12 year old nephew behaves better than the entitled brat brigade in here.

Message 39 of 84 (281 Views)
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
11218 posts
 

Re: Official DLC Announcement! Abandoned Territiories Map Pack and new customization

Sep 27, 2013
I wonder if these hats and masks have hats.

I'd kill for a clown mask that gives me Covert Training 4...

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 40 of 84 (273 Views)