Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Re: Official DLC Announcement! Abandoned Territiories Map Pack and new customization

Sep 27, 2013

So are the hats/masks out now? Can anyone with the seasonpass confirm?

Message 41 of 84 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1270 posts

Re: Official DLC Announcement! Abandoned Territiories Map Pack and new customization

Sep 27, 2013

Oh yeah AK like uncharted 3 did. That would be sweet :smileyhappy:

Message 42 of 84 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
639 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2013

Fakehound wrote:

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

@Twin

Keep the player base with regular updates? This isn't an MMO or anything, it is a standalone game with a great SP and MP. They don't need to update the game regularly at all honestly...

Fixing issues = Updates

Balancing = Updates

DLC = Updates

Party splitting, Glitches, Lack Of Gamemodes, No host migration. These are what will turn people away, not the ability to not wear 60 new hats and masks. 

The season pass is just a sure fire way to get the money for the game and DLC in one fell swoop, wether you play it or not. They're not doing you the favour by 'discounting' the DLC. Season pass owners can say "oh i'll play it e.g......" but they can;t 100% gaurentee it, they could have moved on. New consoles, new games, real life matters. You have no way of knowing you'll get everything you want out of the Season Pass. Its a gamble

OOP! WAIT FOR IT.... WAIT FOR IT!..

You can wait for the DLC to come out then buy the season pass. Your logic is flawed.

Just buy the envitiable GOTY edition and save yourself more

YOUR logic is flawed 

Yeah, wait a year to play an amazing game thats player pool will drained by then and the PS4 will already be long out. But hey, you saved $20-30! You didn't think that through did you?

This has nothing to do with the actual game or DLC itself. YOU said and I qoute "You can wait for the DLC to come out then buy the season pass" by that sentence alone your saying wait almost a year then get the reduced rate for the DLC in the pass, but if you're waiting that long just wait that little bit extra for the GOTY edition. 

Again what some people seem to fail to grasp here is not me moaning about the DLC or its schedule. Its the pass. Not just Naughty Dog/Sony, EVERY pass from EVERY publisher. 

So before you think you have me in a corner plucking for excuses re-read everything I wrote and think about it. 

EDIT: Seeing as the final piece of the Season Pass DLC isn't out in atleast Q2 of 2014 the PS4 will have been out for quite some time and the player pool will still be as small as it would be if you buy the GOTY instead. Then again we all did buy the game for the MP right? It wasn't just a nice cherry on top of an already great game, MP is the sole reason we bought it!!

Message 43 of 84 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Sep 27, 2013

fadecy wrote:

So are the hats/masks out now? Can anyone with the seasonpass confirm?

First DLC masks and hats be released around Oct 15th when the first piece of DLC drops all the way up until end of the year.

Message 44 of 84 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Sep 27, 2013

I'm still wondering why ND didn't release all this information yesterday, on Outbreakday.

Message 45 of 84 (297 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4780 posts

Sep 27, 2013

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

@Twin

Keep the player base with regular updates? This isn't an MMO or anything, it is a standalone game with a great SP and MP. They don't need to update the game regularly at all honestly...

Fixing issues = Updates

Balancing = Updates

DLC = Updates

Party splitting, Glitches, Lack Of Gamemodes, No host migration. These are what will turn people away, not the ability to not wear 60 new hats and masks. 

The season pass is just a sure fire way to get the money for the game and DLC in one fell swoop, wether you play it or not. They're not doing you the favour by 'discounting' the DLC. Season pass owners can say "oh i'll play it e.g......" but they can;t 100% gaurentee it, they could have moved on. New consoles, new games, real life matters. You have no way of knowing you'll get everything you want out of the Season Pass. Its a gamble

OOP! WAIT FOR IT.... WAIT FOR IT!..

You can wait for the DLC to come out then buy the season pass. Your logic is flawed.

Just buy the envitiable GOTY edition and save yourself more

YOUR logic is flawed 

Yeah, wait a year to play an amazing game thats player pool will drained by then and the PS4 will already be long out. But hey, you saved $20-30! You didn't think that through did you?

This has nothing to do with the actual game or DLC itself. YOU said and I qoute "You can wait for the DLC to come out then buy the season pass" by that sentence alone your saying wait almost a year then get the reduced rate for the DLC in the pass, but if you're waiting that long just wait that little bit extra for the GOTY edition. 

Again what some people seem to fail to grasp here is not me moaning about the DLC or its schedule. Its the pass. Not just Naughty Dog, EVERY pass from EVERY publisher. 

So before you think you have me in a corner plucking for excuses re-read everything I wrote and think about it. 

Five to six months isn't almost a year. And that is for the last piece of DLC, within the season pass. 

By what you are saying you can wait a year and buy the GOTY edition that may or may not even come out to buy the game itself, missing hundreds of hours of multiplayer fun.

Or wait for the first DLC to come out, see if it is any good, and judging by that either buy or skip out on it. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. Simple.

A lot of season passes aren't reasonably priced, The Last of Us actually has a great one price wise. You are getting 8 maps, over 60 customization items, and a story DLC for $20. Now compare that to crappy season passes like Assassin's Creed 3's and you see that TLOU clearly has a superior strategy.

tlousig2
Message 46 of 84 (298 Views)
Wastelander
639 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Fakehound wrote:

Five to six months isn't almost a year. And that is for the last piece of DLC, within the season pass. 

By what you are saying you can wait a year and buy the GOTY edition that may or may not even come out to buy the game itself, missing hundreds of hours of multiplayer fun.

Or wait for the first DLC to come out, see if it is any good, and judging by that either buy or skip out on it. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. Simple.

A lot of season passes aren't reasonably priced, The Last of Us actually has a great one price wise. You are getting 8 maps, over 60 customization items, and a story DLC for $20. Now compare that to crappy season passes like Assassin's Creed 3's and you see that TLOU clearly has a superior strategy.

Ok just to end this here as i'm tired of this now. Its like a dog with a bone lol

If you can tell me with 100% certainty you will still be playing TLOU regulary in Q2 of 2014 I will send you on your way :smileytongue:

There is no possible way you can tell me that, people move on, you'll move on. This is why Season Passes are a joke, you buy the pass during the 'hype' phase and think to yourself "yeah man, this game is great can't wait for the DLC!" but 5,6,7 maybe even 8 months later you'll have completely forgotten and maybe never play the actual DLC you payed for upfront. 

Message 47 of 84 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6190 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Well I personally plan on playing a handful of games on my PS3, TLOU included for quite a while.

Not everyone is going to buy next gen right away, and for those who do, not all of them will forget about the past games they've owned, especially if those past games are given new content, such as TLOU will be hopefully getting in 2014.

photo Sniper.png
Message 48 of 84 (260 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4780 posts

Sep 27, 2013

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

Fakehound wrote:

Ok just to end this here as i'm tired of this now. Its like a dog with a bone lol

If you can tell me with 100% certainty you will still be playing TLOU regulary in Q2 of 2014 I will send you on your way :smileytongue:

There is no possible way you can tell me that, people move on, you'll move on. This is why Season Passes are a joke, you buy the pass during the 'hype' phase and think to yourself "yeah man, this game is great can't wait for the DLC!" but 5,6,7 maybe even 8 months later you'll have completely forgotten and maybe never play the actual DLC you payed for upfront. 

I play Uncharted 2 and 3 to this day. I still find DLC matches in them and I still love em. I'll play TLOU DLC when it comes out, sure it won't be my main game I play but I will play and most likely love them.

I'm guessing the last map pack will be out no later than February. Battlefield 4 and TLOU are going to be my multiplayer games for a while. The most simple solution to the season pass hype is waiting for at least one DLC to come out and buy or pass on it depending on the quality of the DLC. Anyway, I'm done, I gotta go to work.

tlousig2
Message 49 of 84 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Sep 27, 2013

I'm just going to be happy that they are taking their time on a product that I paid for. I mean, they could have made us pay for disk locked content, or pulled a few chapters out of the SP and made us pay for it. Lets be glad we're getting quality here, I'm always willing to pay for quality.

I'll be back for each DLC drop, I can guarantee that. Battlefield 4 will roll out and will consume much of my time but TLoU will always hold a special place in my heart.

Message 50 of 84 (242 Views)