Aug 20 2013
By: Da_Almighty_Guy PlayStation MVP 16931 posts

Official TLOU Patch 1.03 and Interrogation Mode Feedback Thread

[ Edited ]
1331 replies 46345 views Edited Sep 3, 2013

2013_08_15_Patch103_TLOU_jumbo.pngPlank attack TLOU MP_interrogation.png

Hello The Last of Us Community! I'm hope you've all had a chance to check out patch 1.03 and the new Interrogation Mode that recently launched (if you have not done so yet, check out MacGruber's thread, or the official blog post).

If you haven't yet bought The Last of Us, grab it here.

Naughty Dog is very interested in what the community has to say about this update. So, we will be using this thread to record your feedback of the patch and the new game mode.

As a bonus, if you leave your thoughts here in this thread you will receive a Digital Reward! All you have to do is participate in this thread and you will be set to receive the reward. Please note that the Digital Reward will be sent out about 3-4 weeks after this event, so please be patient.

UPDATE (9/3): The promotional period for this event has passed, all of you that have participated in this thread will be sent your Digital Reward in about 3-4 weeks.  Thank you, so much, for your participation and feedback!

But, please still take the time to play, and then return to share your feedback on the update and new multiplayer game mode!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 1,332 (46,345 Views)
I Only Post Everything
995 posts

Re: Official TLOU Patch 1.03 and Interrogation Mode Feedback Thread

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013
As with any game, it's quite refreshing to see new modes added to the multiplayer along with a few bug fixes. It'd be a blast to know what kind o matcmaking bałancing they're planning and if it worls
Ryoku Loves Sharpshooter and Hunting Rifles
(Current Loadout)
Hunting Rifle
9mm Pistol
Sharpshooter 3
Brawler 2
First Aid Training 1
Marathon Runner 1
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 1,332 (46,199 Views)
Naughty Paw
4627 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

Ok after playing one game... Why the hell is the enemy team constantly spawned like 2 inches from their safe!? I mean I understand that they gotta have a chance to protect the safe, but we did not get a single chance to even touch the thing because even when we wiped out the team they spawned right away and shot us in the back...

--
It's a common fact that anyone who does better than you is a lagger.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 1,332 (46,188 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4393 posts

Aug 28, 2013
All I can say is.

I is excite.
lobster-dog20 photo lobster-dog20-1.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 1,332 (46,183 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 28, 2013

I'm curious to try the new objective mode with a party.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 1,332 (46,173 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6097 posts

Aug 28, 2013
I'll try to be one of the first to record matches on it.

2pac.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 1,332 (46,164 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4628 posts

Aug 28, 2013

I'm not fond of the whole interuption of special executions, but looking forward to the new game mode.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 1,332 (46,161 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
509 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2013

Haven't got a chance to play the new patch yet due to work, but from the videos I watched it looks very fun.

I like how many of the unused locations of each map are put to use due to the position of the lockbox. I also like how there are typically 2 alternating locations for the lockbox on each team.

The only bad thing: There are 2 possible locations for the lockbox on each team (I think). When Team A locates Team B's lockbox (2 possible locations but one is chosen), the lockbox Team B will have to open (once they finish getting their interrogations) is going to be in a set location, not in 1 of the 2 spots. So say the enemy finds your lockbox and you have a good memory, you know which of the two spots the lockbox you have to open will be in. This is kind of bad because if the enemy finds your lockbox first you could just wait at the enemy's lockbox until your team gets the last interrogation and then open it right away (but obviously you have to wait until it is "located" and in that time the enemies will be near you, so it's not that big of an issue).

To fix this I think the lockbox locations should not just be randomized until one lockbox is found, but randomized until both are found so you won't know exactly where it is. Thus, the team who finds the lockbox last will have 1 of 2 spots that it could be in as opposed to currently 1 of 1 spots.

Also I'm not 100% sure that the locations are only randomized until one lockbox is found since I just watched videos and didn't actually play.

"If you ain't first, you're last."
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 1,332 (46,157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Aug 28, 2013
This seems pretty cool. I hope it turns out good for everyone! All we are missing is more special execution animations and I will be happier than a 12 year old girl listening to one direction :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 1,332 (46,155 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Aug 28, 2013
Interrogation will be great fun in 4v4 parties. It'll be a washout if there are any randoms on either team, though. Rage city.

It's sounds like ND wants a lot of credit for releasing this mode for free, but we all know it should have been with the game in the first place.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 1,332 (46,139 Views)