I Only Post Everything
915 posts

Re: Official TLOU Patch 1.03 and Interrogation Mode Feedback Thread

Sep 13, 2013
Sometimes, I have to win the game by myself because my team are all noobs. (Not levels but they just suck -.-) It's funny because everyone on the other team is "trying" to unlock the box, so I go to their box and open it.
[Former Forum Tag Champion]
Adapt or perish!

*The L in alex is an i.

Message 1241 of 1,331 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Sep 13, 2013

I was originally going to come on here tonight and rant vitriolically, but instead I will voice my complaints about Interrogation in a calm manner.

Tonight was my first try at Interrogation, and it will be my last.  It was over within two minutes, and I never want to experience such a fest again.  The opposing team only crafted nailboards, rushed us, took one swing each, and had four interrogations within seconds.  I mean that - not even thirty seconds had passed by.

I understand if the mode is supposed to be aggressive, but it wasn't even gameplay.  I don't know what happened after that.  I may as well have blacked out because a few seconds later, just moments after I respawned, the match was over.  I had 0 supplies for the first time in... well, ever.  Not even when I was still figuring out how to maneuver around in MP was my score so poor.  (It may not have actually been 0.  Not sure if the mode rewards you for losing or what.  I was so flustered that I x-smashed my way through the screens and paid no attention).

I did manage to get an arrow of the chest of the guy who dropped me, but his cocnern for health, or even his life, was mitigated by the ease of finishing the match.  Perhaps I am simply not aligned with this mode, as what I enjoy most about TLoU is the surviving, and Interrogation laughs in the face of that concept.  Frankly, it mocks it.

I'm sure it's an enjoyable mode for some, but my one experience was enough.  Reading the description of the mode I would have assumed the actual interrogations to take much longer, so that a risk was involved.  There is no risk, not a whisper of it.  This makes me confused on what the mode is even supposed to be.  Interrogation is the wrong name, with certainty.  I would call it Mad Dash, or Scramble.

Message 1242 of 1,331 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
475 posts

Sep 13, 2013

PRO_scrubber wrote:
This gamemode seem like nothing else than a challenge boosting playlist, IMO.

I would suggest that a W/L ratio is added.

Make that a W/L/T ratio, as this mode is a gentleman mode, it is good etiquette to wear ties in that one.

Message 1243 of 1,331 (279 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Sep 13, 2013

MaidenVelka wrote:

I was originally going to come on here tonight and rant vitriolically, but instead I will voice my complaints about Interrogation in a calm manner.

Tonight was my first try at Interrogation, and it will be my last.  It was over within two minutes, and I never want to experience such a fest again.  The opposing team only crafted nailboards, rushed us, took one swing each, and had four interrogations within seconds.  I mean that - not even thirty seconds had passed by.

I understand if the mode is supposed to be aggressive, but it wasn't even gameplay.  I don't know what happened after that.  I may as well have blacked out because a few seconds later, just moments after I respawned, the match was over.  I had 0 supplies for the first time in... well, ever.  Not even when I was still figuring out how to maneuver around in MP was my score so poor.  (It may not have actually been 0.  Not sure if the mode rewards you for losing or what.  I was so flustered that I x-smashed my way through the screens and paid no attention).

I did manage to get an arrow of the chest of the guy who dropped me, but his cocnern for health, or even his life, was mitigated by the ease of finishing the match.  Perhaps I am simply not aligned with this mode, as what I enjoy most about TLoU is the surviving, and Interrogation laughs in the face of that concept.  Frankly, it mocks it.

I'm sure it's an enjoyable mode for some, but my one experience was enough.  Reading the description of the mode I would have assumed the actual interrogations to take much longer, so that a risk was involved.  There is no risk, not a whisper of it.  This makes me confused on what the mode is even supposed to be.  Interrogation is the wrong name, with certainty.  I would call it Mad Dash, or Scramble.

You had to of been playing with a group of players who knew what they were doing then, and your team did not. I've played this mode many times, and only once were we able to finish the game very quickly. Interogations do take longer, when we are normally interogating someone, we have another person watch our back incase someone attempts to interupt it.

In your case, the 4 of them, got the 4 of you down, so there was no need to be careful.

Message 1244 of 1,331 (262 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 14, 2013

Overall, I like the game mode as a concept.  I've been waiting for something a little more team-based like Capture the Flag, and was pleasantly surprised by this Blow Up The Base style of play.  (Hey NaughtyDog, a CTF mode would not be amiss in a game like this one...)  However, there are some seriously flawed mechanics that prevent this mode from being great, or even worthwhile in terms of the meta-game.  It's fun, but if players are working on clan building, they'll do well to avoid Interrogation like the plague.

Major issues:

Late join bonus is totally FUBAR, often fails to give any points at all.

I joined a game where the opposing team was already 1/3 unlocked, my team had 2/4 interrogation bars.  Game was over less than a minute later -- my "late join" bonus: 0.  This isn't the only time I've been goosed by joining a match well past the mid-point, and it's crippled my clan several times.  That's unacceptable, it needs to be fixed.

Players should never respawn in front of (or behind) enemy players.

This is particularly noticable on Checkpoint, if the defending team is trying to protect the lockbox nearest the truck.  I've been able to get up to the balcony and look down the long alley, and watch enemy players spawn / drop out of thin air.  Of course, from that vantage, it's easy to pick them off well before they have a chance to defend the box, which makes this one of the few maps possible to really overrun the lockbox.  I've also spawned directly in front of enemy players, eating a shiv within seconds of appearing.

Spawn times are way too short once the lockbox location is discovered.

So many matches have gone up to mutual unlocks, and ended in a tie, because either team can simply camp the lockbox and spawn infinite meat shields to throw at the attacking force.  If anything, spawn times during the unlock phase should become progressively longer!  This would force the players to make the difficult decision to protect or attack based on the tide of battle!  I've killed the same enemy player multiple (2, even 3) times on the same box run -- that shouldn't happen.

The game mode doesn't yield enough points in general.

My matches on Supply Raid typically go well into the 4- and 5-thousands, even without the Collector perk.  Collector 2 + extra points can put me into the 6k range.  I have yet to break the 5000 mark on Interrogation, and I rarely make it to 4000 if I wasn't the person to unlock the box.  I agree with the policy of lowering the point value for downs & executions... but mission objectives like unlocking the lockbox / interrupting an interrogation / defensive & offensive downs should earn way more points.

Minor issues:

Bombs shouldn't hurt you through the lockbox.

Doesn't always happen, but when it does, it's infuriating.  Lower box on Lakeside, I noted a bomb on one side and carefully worked my way to the other.  It didn't detect me, but when one of my buddies ran up to help, it went off and took both of us out.  The bombs themselves don't seem to clip through the lockbox, but the explosion definitely did...

Supply points are crippled for whichever team is even slightly in the lead.

Nerfing supply points in supply-based modes makes sense, because those games have a slower back-and-forth.  Interrogation, on the other hand, can turn on a dime.  I actually prefer my team to be slightly behind for the first several minutes, just so I can stock up on decent supplies before steamrolling the other guys.  So... many... bombs...

Message 1245 of 1,331 (236 Views)
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Sep 19, 2013

I want to reply to Maiden but I don't wish to quote the long post so I'll just say it here -

Interrogation is interesting when you play with friends, players who know the objectives and cooperate with you. Like mentioned, when you're interrogating, they will stay alert to prevent anyone to disrupt the interrogation.

They will also revive you whenever they can. When you are attacking someone, they will take out the rest of the enemies with you. Basically covering each other. Because if they leave you alone, you're bound to get interrogated if the other team sticks together!

I've played matches where my team got Absolute Victory. Finished with no one from our side got interrogated. As well as, I had matches where the 4th member got less than 1000 parts at the end! I met players who equip Hunting Rifle but down no one throughout the whole match. Some always stay in cover, crouch and not moving even though on the radar you can clearly see enemies charging at us. I've matched with 1 level 0 and 1 level 2, when I was interrogating/attacking enemy's box, they were killed very fast and our box was being opened. I wish I can create another clone of me, 1 to defend and 1 to attack unfortunately I can't. At the same time, I can't rely on them to defend either. Smiley Frustrated

I just want to tell you, it's not your problem that the match ended so fast and you lost. This mode requires 4 players to work together. If the other 3 doesn't know how to play and the enemies has mics and always covering each other, you have no chance! Also try creating different loadouts for this mode. Supply Raid/Survivor loadouts don't necessarily work with this mode. All the best! Smiley Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 1246 of 1,331 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
80 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2013

I can't take it anymore. This matchmaking system PUNISHES you for being good at the game. I'm not being arrogant; I'm very good at TLOU multiplayer. I'm sorry if this post carries a hint of elitism, but this is what happens:

I have teammates that just don't know what to even do; they have no idea how to play as a team. It'll be last man (me) with the opposing team having 12 lives left. I'm good enough to carry the whole team and win the match from this point. But then this vicious cycle begins, where the game will CONSTANTLY put me with level 0s or people with no ability, against people who aren't all that great either. But it's like the game thinks it balances out because of me. It's making the game excruciatingly hard to enjoy. I don't enjoy carrying a team; it stresses me the f*** out. What makes it worse is that, they won't even notice that I'm engaged with like 3 guys at once. So if a 4th guy doesn't come along and overpower me, I'll down all 3 of them. 

But then my teammates get this signal, and swoop down like f****** vultures to grab my executions. It's quite amazing actually; it's like they've honed their kill-stealing skills for years. If they even had a hand in getting the down, I wouldn't be annoyed. 

I know how people act in online play isn't anything I should expect Naughty Dog to fix. But why can't I have good players as teammates, against other good players? While it isn't an indication of skill, I think you should be matched up with players of similar K.D ratio. Or something other than the system in place - I just can't stand it anymore.

Anyone else in the same vicious cycle? Maybe I should just have a few bad games and get thrown into a different pool of players, lol...

Message 1247 of 1,331 (436 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Sep 26, 2013

Any word on when the promotional giveaway will be handed out?

Message 1248 of 1,331 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2394 posts

Sep 28, 2013

^ Should be on or before Tuesday-ish, since that's the end of the 3-4 weeks.

Yes, I did create that game on the Vita you probably never heard of.
Message 1249 of 1,331 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Sep 28, 2013

LudicrouslyLiam wrote:

I can't take it anymore. This matchmaking system PUNISHES you for being good at the game. I'm not being arrogant; I'm very good at TLOU multiplayer. I'm sorry if this post carries a hint of elitism, but this is what happens:

I have teammates that just don't know what to even do; they have no idea how to play as a team. It'll be last man (me) with the opposing team having 12 lives left. I'm good enough to carry the whole team and win the match from this point. But then this vicious cycle begins, where the game will CONSTANTLY put me with level 0s or people with no ability, against people who aren't all that great either. But it's like the game thinks it balances out because of me. It's making the game excruciatingly hard to enjoy. I don't enjoy carrying a team; it stresses me the f*** out. What makes it worse is that, they won't even notice that I'm engaged with like 3 guys at once. So if a 4th guy doesn't come along and overpower me, I'll down all 3 of them. 

But then my teammates get this signal, and swoop down like f****** vultures to grab my executions. It's quite amazing actually; it's like they've honed their kill-stealing skills for years. If they even had a hand in getting the down, I wouldn't be annoyed. 

I know how people act in online play isn't anything I should expect Naughty Dog to fix. But why can't I have good players as teammates, against other good players? While it isn't an indication of skill, I think you should be matched up with players of similar K.D ratio. Or something other than the system in place - I just can't stand it anymore.

Anyone else in the same vicious cycle? Maybe I should just have a few bad games and get thrown into a different pool of players, lol...

Just so you know... most of the time these level "zeros" are actually not level zero but the game just displays them as level zero.  Only until the game is over and you look at their levels in the lobby can you determine what level they are (which doesn't necessary corelate to being better or worse at the game)

Message 1250 of 1,331 (387 Views)