Jun 26 2013
By: Splatteregg Fender Bender 3659 posts

One little change...

8 replies 99 views Edited Jun 26, 2013
Ok this has happened to me a total of three times now, so I hope it just doesn't happen to me.
I am talking about the situation where you smoke bomb a guy reviving a teammate with the intentions of shiving him.
You dash towards the stunned and downed player press triangle and EXECUTE the downed but not kill the STUNNED! Three times this has happened, they should make it so the stunned player take priority over the down player.

Another thing similar, is when I sometimes craft in front of a car or ledge I climb the object Insted of craft!

Any of this happen to other people?
Message 1 of 9 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Re: One little change...

Jun 26, 2013

I'm not sure how they would go about that. I agree though, it's definitely frustrating. 

Message 2 of 9 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jun 26, 2013

It prioritises based on range and the angle you're facing.

Get behind the guy you want to shiv, and you'll shiv him. If you're standing next to the downed target, and your aim is a little too far towards them instead of the still-standing enemy, you'll execute them instead.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 3 of 9 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

I've had this happen all too often and it's awful. The game should prioritize shivs and revives as long as you're in range. Execute should be dead last unless the other two options aren't present.

Another idea - change execute to HOLD triangle (just for like a microsecond) so you don't accidentally commit to a lengthy and risky executions unless you absolutely mean to.  This avoids wrong button presses or messing with item pickup/box opening as well.

Message 4 of 9 (72 Views)
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Jun 26, 2013
Standing behind someone to shiv them in a thick cloud of smoke is harder than it sounds!
Especially in the short amount of time you need to react.
Message 5 of 9 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Oh, I wasn't saying it's EASY.

Just pointing out that the mechanics are actually consistent with how they work. At least they have been in my experience. If you make sure that you're not looking towards the downed enemy, or make sure you're closer to the guy you want to shiv, it SHOULD work.

----V^^^V----
Message 6 of 9 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Dezmixbe wrote:

Another idea - change execute to HOLD triangle (just for like a microsecond) so you don't accidentally commit to a lengthy and risky executions unless you absolutely mean to.  This avoids wrong button presses or messing with item pickup/box opening as well.

I REALLY like this idea.

----V^^^V----
Message 7 of 9 (41 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jun 26, 2013
Triangle needs to be re-prioritized. Reviving> Execute and Shiv> Execute. Only problem with holding triangle to execute is that we have to do that to revive so we would be running into the same problem. Just re-prioritize it.
Message 8 of 9 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jun 26, 2013
On second thought holding triangle to guarantee you the revive you work imo.
Message 9 of 9 (34 Views)
0 Likes