Sep 10 2013
By: neverbelow Treasure Hunter 6514 posts
Accepted Solution

Open Letter to EvanM

20 replies 647 views Edited Sep 10, 2013
First off, I respect your work and eveything it takes to make a respectable game and multiplayer. It also is difficult to please a demanding fanbase.

However, banning Tap and DEATH were childish moves. They spoke their minds and were right. Hell, Tap got banned for agreeing. They didn't brake any rules. You brought up old **bleep** to justify it. That's what I did when I was 8 with my siblings.

I grew out of it. It's time you did, too.

Ban me for this, I don't care. I will make a thousand accounts and find a way around it. You we wrong for both bans. Time to man up.
Message 1 of 21 (647 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
233 posts

Re: Open Letter to EvanM

[ Edited ]
Sep 10, 2013

I don´t know TAP or DEATH personally , but guys...stop it. They may have got banned for childish reasons, but these threads, posts and even sigs whining about them being banned are childish too, imo. 

People are even making threads asking who or what TAP is, because his friends, followers, "fans" or whatever can´t get over it.

Seriously? It´s cute, that you guys think you have to be solidary or something, but no one cares.

We are here to talk about The Last of US and its Multiplayer...not about some rescue plan for some banned forum members.

How about TAP and DEATH make an alt account? If you can make 1000 accounts, so can they.

I think you guys care more about their ban than they do.

Message 2 of 21 (621 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Sep 10, 2013

Seriously if you want something done this is not the way to go about it. Why? Naughty Dog is a Dev not forum staff. They don't run the forum or how it works, they can't fix your gripe or ban or unban. Second, forum moderation doesn't spend all day reading the boards, if you have a gripe they aren't going to look at all the threads and respond. It's not how they work. Your BEST course of action is to PM PSForumMods. That's it, it all you can do. I apologize if this is coming off as short or brash, but... well actually no I don't. This is just getting silly.

Message 3 of 21 (602 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 10, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

Seriously if you want something done this is not the way to go about it. Why? Naughty Dog is a Dev not forum staff. They don't run the forum or how it works, they can't fix your gripe or ban or unban. Second, forum moderation doesn't spend all day reading the boards, if you have a gripe they aren't going to look at all the threads and respond. It's not how they work. Your BEST course of action is to PM PSForumMods. That's it, it all you can do. I apologize if this is coming off as short or brash, but... well actually no I don't. This is just getting silly.

Some of us, including myself think PMing a Forum Moderator will go nowhere. Some at Naughty Dog can't take some critcism.  Tap and Death might be wrong on what they said, however I do believe they were good forumers who have been here since this forum was migrated.  

Then again I guess I'm wasting my time here eh?  

Edit: Sorry to be bashful, I'm sure ND had their reasons.  

Message 4 of 21 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3647 posts

Sep 10, 2013

Bruttus wrote:

I don´t know TAP or DEATH personally , but guys...stop it. They may have got banned for childish reasons, but these threads, posts and even sigs whining about them being banned are childish too, imo. 

People are even making threads asking who or what TAP is, because his friends, followers, "fans" or whatever can´t get over it.

Seriously? It´s cute, that you guys think you have to be solidary or something, but no one cares.

We are here to talk about The Last of US and its Multiplayer...not about some rescue plan for some banned forum members.

How about TAP and DEATH make an alt account? If you can make 1000 accounts, so can they.

I think you guys care more about their ban than they do.

exactly, both tapantaola and deathmachinist are cool people, but if they want to participate here on the forums, just make an alt account, no problem Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 21 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Sep 10, 2013

Ironic saying "man up" when you're all crying about random people on the internet being banned from a forum. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 21 (534 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Sep 10, 2013

Also, EvanM has to be my favourite rapper.

Message 7 of 21 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Sep 10, 2013
Talk to evil about what happened when he got banned unfairly on the old forums, can't migrate no more ND.
Message 8 of 21 (494 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Sep 10, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

That's not entirely true. ND developers were responsible for the bans. They got their feelings hurt and looked for a reason to ban DM and tap. They stretched to find a reason to justify banning DM and tap. If the ND devs gave the okay, both DM and tap would be allowed to post again. Yes, they could create alt accounts, but that isn't the point. They shouldn't have to create alt accounts to be able to post again, because they didn't do anything ban worthy.

Message 9 of 21 (441 Views)
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 10, 2013

Well Im glad not everyone is as selfish as you Bruttus. Trying to get people unbanned who were unfairly banned is not being childish. You say no one cares well thats a silly statement to make when its obvious several people here care about this issue. You say we are all here to talk about TLOU and its multiplayer. You mean the multiplayer that Tap and Death improved for others by getting ping based matchmaking pushed? This issue is not about Tap and Death making alt accounts its a issue of principle that these two should be unbanned.

Message 10 of 21 (393 Views)