I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Re: Option to turn off aimbot...

Oct 26, 2013

RyokuSonic wrote:
What is this aim assist you speak of? I've experienced an aim DESIST though.

That isn't even a word is it....

What aim assist?Are you guys talking about how your reticle sometimes tagged to the target and even if it's shooting his sides, you are still consider as shooting him while against lagged player, hit detection becomes an irritating matter?????

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 21 of 32 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

Oct 26, 2013
If you're aiming at a target, if you move your reticle over them it will stick to them. It's not a HUGE ammount of assist, but enough so that if there's a bomb directly in front of an enemy your reticle will probably bounce back to the enemy if you try to aim at it. Or, if you're lining up a shot on one enemy and another one runs between you and the first one, your reticle will usually get stuck to the second one and throw off your shot. These are the times when it's most noticable.
Message 22 of 32 (223 Views)
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Oct 27, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:
If you're aiming at a target, if you move your reticle over them it will stick to them. It's not a HUGE ammount of assist, but enough so that if there's a bomb directly in front of an enemy your reticle will probably bounce back to the enemy if you try to aim at it. Or, if you're lining up a shot on one enemy and another one runs between you and the first one, your reticle will usually get stuck to the second one and throw off your shot. These are the times when it's most noticable.

Thank you for the excellent explanation! Smiley Happy

Actually there's also an aim assist for melee, it will automatically punch the 2nd player despite you're punching the 1st player. When there are 2 players, it's most noticeable. IDK if it's like the same thing as shooting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 23 of 32 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Oct 27, 2013
I've never ever seen this, just the Wesker-dash in melee tracking.
Message 24 of 32 (195 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2013
AFAIK it's in every console shooter. It's definitely in every one that I've played. It's designed not to be noticable, but it's there to help replicate the precision you'd get from a mouse and keyboard. Thumbsticks don't give you nearly as much control while aiming as a mouse does.

And yeah, the melee sliding seems especially brutal lately. I had a guy the other day who was about 15 feet away. He slid half the distance on the first punch, and managed to side the rest of the way and connect with the second one and ended up punching me to death...
Message 25 of 32 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Oct 28, 2013
The complaints revolving around aim assist would be ten fold if it didn't exist.
Message 26 of 32 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Oct 28, 2013
Actually BF3 has VERY little aim assist. Although it also gives you the option to turn it off.
I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 27 of 32 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 28, 2013
I think the only dev that needs to ease up on aim assist is Rockstar. Everyone else is fine. An option is good, but keep the assist available.

Unless of course you can let people use a keyboard and a mouse. I'm good there.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 28 of 32 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

Oct 28, 2013
Most dont realize how much it helps.
Once turned off aiming is VERY difficult.
Try playing U3 with friendly fire on and killing some on on your team in a private match.
I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 29 of 32 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
388 posts

Oct 30, 2013

mrsjimmymare wrote:

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:

Thank you for the excellent explanation! Smiley Happy

Actually there's also an aim assist for melee, it will automatically punch the 2nd player despite you're punching the 1st player. When there are 2 players, it's most noticeable. IDK if it's like the same thing as shooting.

Yea great explanation. haha

It be great to have the option to turn it off like in Battlefield 3.

I like what Bizz suggested earlier too "I  think that enemy bombs should register as being enemies themselves for the purposes of assisted aim. It would help with trying to destroy bombs that are near enemies, and hopefully it'd help with bombs eating bullets when you're trying to destroy them."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring the Carlton to TLOU

Message 30 of 32 (128 Views)
0 Likes