I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Re: PLEASE SUPPORT! Remove 2x4 from Survivors!!

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014

neverbelow wrote:
Incentive to go to the middle box aka incentive to MOVE. Good update. Now there is incentive to attack the middle box and movement/aggression is encouraged. That's always good.

2x4 is not more nooby than half the shiz in this game. Molotovs, smoke shiv, purchasables, brawler.

To others points, of you are in a 1v2 situation you're almost always going to lose than encounter anyway. With any weapon. Loadout guns and pistols included.

The item itself is not nooby but rather the way it's used that is nooby.

Just like Military Sniper (Purchasables) is not nooby but a player spraying bullets with it is nooby.

Explosives are nooby when player spam it consecutively without hurting anyone.

Brawler is nooby when player rushes into 4 enemies thinking he can punch his way out.

2x4 is nooby when player rushes when he has 2x4 when without it, he will do otherwise.

Player ONLY attacks when he has 2x4.

Player ONLY attacks when he has 2x4 and he has his team rushing with him.

Take away the 2x4, and this player is nothing.

The act of running before attacking with melee makes you disadvantage but player with 2x4 thinks "who cares, I have a 1HKO weapon and I win 99.9% of the time". Attacking with 2x4 with your team (also has 2x4) boost the noob confidence by 150%.

Best part of all, THE STICK IS FREE!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 31 of 41 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 17, 2014
Molotovs and bombs are free, too. What's your point?
Message 32 of 41 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014

neverbelow wrote:
Molotovs and bombs are free, too. What's your point?

Half of the time it damage no one. And noob do no damage with these, they prefer to spam consecutively at certain direction of enemies, but enemies usually are further than that. Killing multiple enemies with 1 mollie/bomb is not noob, this is what explosive is meant to be. For getting rid of enemies (plural). And it's enemies fault to cluster together anyway.

Planted bombs can be ignited without harming anyone.

Loadout points needed to increase radius if player sucks at aiming with explosives.

Explosives can be dodged. 2x4 modded cannot be dodged due to magnetic lunge. User can teleport 3 feet.

2x4 needs NO aiming. Get close enough and press melee button.

2x4 is noob friendly, if not most noob friendly.

2 guys rushing in with a mollie/bomb can get themselves killed pretty much, you can't throw a mollie or lay a bomb so close to yourself without harming yourself.

2x4 itself can't harm its user when being used.

It ignores Armor. Armor plays a difference when it comes to explosives. How many times you threw a spot on mollie on someone and all it did was scrapped his armor off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!

Message 33 of 41 (121 Views)
Sackboy
374 posts

Feb 18, 2014

I have found that since the return of 2 x 4's, that I get downed by them when roasting someone with a Flame Thrower, they go up in smoke shortly after.  Call it lag possibly, but I have had this happen 3 times in 2 different matches.  Also I have found the machete useless against it.  

Message 34 of 41 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
441 posts

Feb 18, 2014
maybe @neverbelow might agree with me but what about having the stick available at the 3rd box ?
both teams already start at one box, both will move for the second box. a skirmish, full team on team battle might happen, or nothing both teams get the second box successfully. now for the third box, they can either continue on or cut to the other middle box.
I dunno, reading back at what I wrote. sounded better in my head.
basically what about stick at the third box ? for all modes.
Message 35 of 41 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3390 posts

Feb 18, 2014
I agree with this and all, but I find myself just camping the second box with a MS or HR now to make sure they dont get the 2x4. Survivors has been incredibly boring, thats why I didnt play it before it was unintentionally left out. Instead of the so called "camp fest" it was before the patch, its more of a rush fest. Campers are easier to kill than brawler 2x4 stick rushers.
"if all multiplayers were just for fun it would be boring."
Message 36 of 41 (85 Views)
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Feb 22, 2014

ExOTiC1234 wrote:
I agree with this and all, but I find myself just camping the second box with a MS or HR now to make sure they dont get the 2x4. Survivors has been incredibly boring, thats why I didnt play it before it was unintentionally left out. Instead of the so called "camp fest" it was before the patch, its more of a rush fest. Campers are easier to kill than brawler 2x4 stick rushers.

Thank you everyone who supports this thread.

Now Last Man Standings are all about your enemy landing a 2x4 on your neck when he sees you and there are no covers.

With lag, you're guaranteed to lose because you can strike first and still go down.

Join or Support us!

Message 37 of 41 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1531 posts

Feb 22, 2014
The new patch made the 2x4 even more deadly in the hands of somebody with a bad connection. Mine can still be canceled pretty much any time I get shot during a swing, but there are plenty of times I'll get 2 shots into somebody swinging at me without it canceling their swing.
Message 38 of 41 (57 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Feb 22, 2014

i wouldnt even know truthfully i never play survivors since i hate elimination on ANY type of game

Message 39 of 41 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3590 posts

Feb 22, 2014
Survivors is typically a snooze fest
Message 40 of 41 (49 Views)
0 Likes