Apr 16 2014
By: Robsonmonkey Wastelander 581 posts

PLEASE Uncensor the Multiplayer in the Europe PS4 version

66 replies 640 views Edited Apr 16, 2014

NaughtyDog will you please try to find a way around the cenor laws so people outside of Germany can enjoy the multiplayer uncenored.

I really don't see why people in the UK and even in the rest of Europe should suffer because of German laws.

The PS4 version is a good way to incorporate the censored content back into the online.

It's not a big deal I know but you can't say it wouldn't be better with the uncenored stuff back in it. I just don't understand how I can blow someones head off in the single player but it hides it online.

Support Uncharted 4s Classic Mode

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-4-A-Thief-s-End/Uncharted-4-Multiplayer-CLASSIC-MODE-Please-Support/td-p/45451428
Message 1 of 67 (640 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Re: PLEASE Uncensor the Multiplayer in the Europe PS4 version

Apr 16, 2014

You could teach SCEE a lesson by voting with your wallet:

http://www.play-asia.com/the-last-of-us-remastered-paOS-13-49-en-70-7nnx.html
http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=21738

Why would you pay €70/$96 for an inferior product?

Message 2 of 67 (635 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
229 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2014

Even if it was something like having a UK digital version that was uncensored would work for me. I'll be purchasing the US digital version on a US account if the EU version isn't uncensored (I assume that works, I read somewhere that it did for the PS3 version).

I just don't get why the singleplayer can be uncensored but the multiplayer can't. Is there anything that you can do gore-wise in the multiplayer that can't be done in the singleplayer? I assume it's the whole execution thing? Only thing I can really think of that's different.

Message 3 of 67 (620 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
464 posts

Apr 16, 2014

This will NEVER happen. EVER. With ANY game. NOBODY cares about Europe AT ALL. The gaming world makes that extremely clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBcWPc6U5nM
Message 4 of 67 (604 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Apr 16, 2014

Lathiel- wrote:

This will NEVER happen. EVER. With ANY game. NOBODY cares about Europe AT ALL. The gaming world makes that extremely clear.

It's their loss.

PS3/PS4 games are region-free (minus DLC), so feel free to buy it from NA or Asia (HK).

Message 5 of 67 (602 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
581 posts

Apr 16, 2014

Danny_J_ wrote:

Even if it was something like having a UK digital version that was uncensored would work for me. I'll be purchasing the US digital version on a US account if the EU version isn't uncensored (I assume that works, I read somewhere that it did for the PS3 version).

I just don't get why the singleplayer can be uncensored but the multiplayer can't. Is there anything that you can do gore-wise in the multiplayer that can't be done in the singleplayer? I assume it's the whole execution thing? Only thing I can really think of that's different.

Honestly the gore is no different in the single player then the multiplayer.

I mean the execution thing is the same as me watching a cutscene with beating the crap out of someone or killing them violently.

They really need to get around this, there is a way I just think devs can't be arsed with the hassle.

It's so much more satifying online if you get a player who has been killing you all match then watch there head explode in an execution.

Support Uncharted 4s Classic Mode

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-4-A-Thief-s-End/Uncharted-4-Multiplayer-CLASSIC-MODE-Please-Support/td-p/45451428
Message 6 of 67 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2014
This wont happen until the majority of TLOU fans in Europe vote with their wallets then voice to ND why they are doing it. Just look at how quickly MicroSoft caved in when they saw the preorders for the Xbox One therefore taking out that restrictive drm rubbish. As soon as MicroSoft saw the preorders they went to the forums to find out why preorders were low. You want change? then spread this information around and tell people that the only way to force companies to change is by voting with their wallets. You need to stir things up and post this information on lots of sites to get interest. Get this information popular on sites like facebook, twitter etc. If needs be then post links to my post everywhere. Put up youtube videos explaining what Ive said. Then if you get a big enough response ND will have no choice but to uncensor TLOU MP in Europe.
Message 7 of 67 (556 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Apr 18, 2014

A-Crap-PIayer wrote:
This wont happen until the majority of TLOU fans in Europe vote with their wallets then voice to ND why they are doing it. Just look at how quickly MicroSoft caved in when they saw the preorders for the Xbox One therefore taking out that restrictive drm rubbish. As soon as MicroSoft saw the preorders they went to the forums to find out why preorders were low. You want change? then spread this information around and tell people that the only way to force companies to change is by voting with their wallets. You need to stir things up and post this information on lots of sites to get interest. Get this information popular on sites like facebook, twitter etc. If needs be then post links to my post everywhere. Put up youtube videos explaining what Ive said. Then if you get a big enough response ND will have no choice but to uncensor TLOU MP in Europe.

^ Speaks the truth.

Boycott the PAL/EU version!

Message 8 of 67 (527 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2014

That has nothing to do that "nobody" cares about Europe (that would be dumb its a huge marked).

It was a company decision, and since most Europeans dont care about it, why should they change it now with the ps4 version.

The censorship is minimal the level of brutality in the last of us is still high, yeah it has a bit less blood in the multi-player (many people dont play the MP at all, so they just dont care about the maybe 1-2% of potential buyers that will be **bleep** because of that).

If its me they would remove all special executions, because noobs stealing them are just annoying for players that play without a team.

I deactivated the blood even in the censored version (MP), if you want to play MP concentrate on the game there is no need to have distracting gore effects stealing your attention, if you ask me. ^^

someone give me a challenge
Message 9 of 67 (516 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Apr 18, 2014

^ Shoving your "preferences" down other people's throats is not cool.

They could easily implement a MP gore toggle for everyone.

Message 10 of 67 (504 Views)