Reply
Sep 03 2013
By: Wakeboarder56 Uncharted Territory 1351 posts
Offline

Partially opened lockboxes, should they count as a victory?

10 replies 200 views Edited Sep 3, 2013
I was playing Interrogation today and having a pretty close game. My team managed to open a third of the enemy's lockbox before the game ended, yet it was still a tie game. The other team hadn't even touched our lockbox, so I'm not really sure how I feel about that. I guess I can understand a team making a small push and opening it partially, then camping the rest of the game. That wasn't the case in our match, we only had one defender. The only real solution I can come up with is to call it a tie game, yet award the team who made the most progress a few more supplies. Not an entire victory, but enough to be rewarded for their progress.
Message 1 of 11 (200 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/27/2012
Online
1280 posts
 

Re: Partially opened lockboxes, should they count as a victory?

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2013

Absolutely not should partial opened safes count. 

 

Are you playing interrogation in a party or not party?  I've logged over 20+ hours on interrogation and seeing about 70% wins 30% ties...maybe even better in NO PARTIES.  I can't speak for parties because I've only played a few matches.

 

No offense but the people who have been saying that they encounter too many ties just tells me that they need to learn the mode.  I have a pretty good strategy which I sort of force onto my team and I've been having a great success rate of winning.

Message 2 of 11 (176 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/06/2012
Offline
287 posts
 

Re: Partially opened lockboxes, should they count as a victory?

Sep 3, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Absolutely not should partial opened safes count. 

 

Are you playing interrogation in a party or not party?  I've logged over 20+ hours on interrogation and seeing about 70% wins 30% ties...maybe even better in NO PARTIES.  I can't speak for parties because I've only played a few matches.

 

No offense but the people who have been saying that they encounter too many ties just tells me that they need to learn the mode.  I have a pretty good strategy which I sort of force onto my team and I've been having a great success rate of winning.


Not everyone is lucky like you to have good teammates who know what to do. 1 person can't win by themselves in this mode, it actually takes people to do whats best for the team. 

Message 3 of 11 (166 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/07/2012
Offline
1351 posts
 

Re: Partially opened lockboxes, should they count as a victory?

Sep 3, 2013
This was the first tie that I'd ever seen. I was just surprised to see that our progress didn't break the stalemate like having the most people alive at the end of a Supply Raid game. The more I think about it, the more it seems like a bad idea. I just wanted to see where other people stood on the topic. And to answer your question, I was playing with one other friend and two randoms. I defended while the other three attacked. I feel like I have a good feel for the game mode but quite a few people play it like the other modes and run after special executions instead of opening the lockbox or covering someone who already is.
Message 4 of 11 (164 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/27/2012
Online
1280 posts
 

Re: Partially opened lockboxes, should they count as a victory?

Sep 3, 2013

devonjames-25_ wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Absolutely not should partial opened safes count. 

 

Are you playing interrogation in a party or not party?  I've logged over 20+ hours on interrogation and seeing about 70% wins 30% ties...maybe even better in NO PARTIES.  I can't speak for parties because I've only played a few matches.

 

No offense but the people who have been saying that they encounter too many ties just tells me that they need to learn the mode.  I have a pretty good strategy which I sort of force onto my team and I've been having a great success rate of winning.


Not everyone is lucky like you to have good teammates who know what to do. 1 person can't win by themselves in this mode, it actually takes people to do whats best for the team. 


I've won a handful of games by myself...involving stealth and using my teammates as decoys.... wait...does that count?  Using my teammates as decoys?

Message 5 of 11 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/27/2012
Online
1280 posts
 

Re: Partially opened lockboxes, should they count as a victory?

Sep 3, 2013

Wakeboarder56 wrote:
This was the first tie that I'd ever seen. I was just surprised to see that our progress didn't break the stalemate like having the most people alive at the end of a Supply Raid game. The more I think about it, the more it seems like a bad idea. I just wanted to see where other people stood on the topic. And to answer your question, I was playing with one other friend and two randoms. I defended while the other three attacked. I feel like I have a good feel for the game mode but quite a few people play it like the other modes and run after special executions instead of opening the lockbox or covering someone who already is.

Give it a few weeks to see how people's strategy and knowledge of the mode gets better.  I've seen a lot less ties in the past few days.

 

People are learning the spawn points and how to counter them.  People are learning where to lay bombs and how to protect  and attack the safe better.

Message 6 of 11 (150 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/15/2012
Offline
2562 posts
 

Re: Partially opened lockboxes, should they count as a victory?

Sep 3, 2013

Macgruber did say that always ending in a tie was a bug that is soon to be fixed, so, yeah.

 

I've seen a decrease in ties as well since the game mode was released and I've gotten used to how it is at the moment so, it doesn't really phase me anymore.

Message 7 of 11 (142 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 01/08/2010
Online
17632 posts
 

Re: Partially opened lockboxes, should they count as a victory?

Sep 3, 2013
Not one tie in all the interrogations I played this weekend. Of course, my team mates were excellent.


[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 8 of 11 (116 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
7074 posts
 

Re: Partially opened lockboxes, should they count as a victory?

Sep 3, 2013

I personally think time should be extended, 15 minutes is not enough if both teams are decent, plenty of times has a team actually made progress on a safe finally only for the match to end 30 seconds later. Either extend the time overall or add an extra 1-2 minutes after each safe is discovered.

 

I also still agree on making it not be a tie, I mean one team got closer to winning than the other, usually when that happens and time runs out the closer team wins.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 9 of 11 (111 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/06/2012
Offline
287 posts
 

Re: Partially opened lockboxes, should they count as a victory?

Sep 3, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

devonjames-25_ wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Absolutely not should partial opened safes count. 

 

Are you playing interrogation in a party or not party?  I've logged over 20+ hours on interrogation and seeing about 70% wins 30% ties...maybe even better in NO PARTIES.  I can't speak for parties because I've only played a few matches.

 

No offense but the people who have been saying that they encounter too many ties just tells me that they need to learn the mode.  I have a pretty good strategy which I sort of force onto my team and I've been having a great success rate of winning.


Not everyone is lucky like you to have good teammates who know what to do. 1 person can't win by themselves in this mode, it actually takes people to do whats best for the team. 


I've won a handful of games by myself...involving stealth and using my teammates as decoys.... wait...does that count?  Using my teammates as decoys?


I bet you use convert training 3, stay behind the gun fight and when your teammates get downed you kill the person that is interrogation them or running to interrogate them. I would not like to have a person like that as my teammate. 

Message 10 of 11 (94 Views)