Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 07 2013
By: A_Nerd_Slapper Lombax Warrior 200 posts

Past few days : Serious Lag Issues...

20 replies 25449 views Edited Nov 7, 2013
It has occurred to me that many people including myself, have been experiencing horrible lagged out, buggy, skipping matches.

These issues have nearly made me the game unplayable in MP. These issues have started for me since the latest live update.

Please reply and post your buggy experiences as of late. This needs to be acknowledged and addressed by the Dev team.

My issues : Gonna try and keep this simple. Enemy throws molotov... I down him... I run for cover and appear to be safe...4 seconds later im dead, enemy is special executing me. Dropped games. Entire matches spliting up from 8 players down to 2-3 players. 1 bar connections all around.

Thanks guys, lets get this stuff noticed!!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (25,449 Views)
Fender Bender
2557 posts

Re: Past few days : Serious Lag Issues...

Nov 7, 2013

Hmmm.. Lag seems the same as it has been since the latest matchmaking update for me. Two things that come to mind are weird instances I've been having lately where I'll throw a molotov or bomb, and it never leaves my hand, never impacts anything, does absolutely nothing, yet I still lose the item thrown. That, and getting stuck in black screen aftert dying on interrogation. Specifically, I can see the "defend" and "attack" icons in the black screen, and it stays that way until the lobby times out.

Doesn't happen very often though..

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (25,446 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1128 posts

Nov 7, 2013
Yeah more and more out of region match ups.
I'm seeing quite a bit of this lately.
Matches where no one has a name above their head, players chipolte jesusing back from death.
Things definately amuck lately.

Though it is pretty funny watching two players trying to shiv bat each other while on the same team because of the no player name glitch.
OMG im getting no hit markers wth? I cant shiv this guy!
How about help im being chased while also hearing lol at this guy running from my shiv bat. Coming from both team mates.
I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (25,413 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3599 posts

Nov 7, 2013
Yeah I've noticed a lag spike the last few nights too. Always a non-regional player or two getting in my lobby. They skip and
stutter. And the spawns get way out of wack. Spawning my team on opposite ends of the map. Meanwhile they spawn instantaneously after death and are surrounding and isolated teammate.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (25,391 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1679 posts

Nov 7, 2013
My favorite has to be when I shoot someone, special execute, than as I walk away to craft something, I get execute on the spot by the same guy I just put down.

Oh and I gotta mention this one chick that lagged so hard it took 3 guys to kill her! I burned her with at least 20secs worth of fuel from my FT, punched her 4 times (she didn't punch back or have armor), but she fell, than got back up, one of my teamates shot her, and another shived her.

But what made me rofl was I burned at least 2 of her teammates up stairs as my teammates shot at em, and only got credit for 1 even though they were both burned, which took a while to register, even their armor coming off.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (25,373 Views)
Big Daddy
16251 posts

Nov 7, 2013
I see no changes since the 1.05 patch.

Even weekend mornings, when most of my opposition is middle eastern and Asian, I see low bars but no issues like the above.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (25,369 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3599 posts

Nov 7, 2013
^enjoy it while it lasts^
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (25,363 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
511 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2013

Just tried played again for the first time in about a month and the match was unplayable. Guys were skating around the map, people were taking enough damage to wipe a team and would not die. I hope I didn't just waste money buying the season pass to find out the game has more lag than when I left. Going to try a few more because maybe it was that one game but lag that was the worst lag I have seen in this game.  11/8      The next few games were not unplayable like the first was but decent amount of lag was still present in all of the games.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (25,336 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1701 posts

Nov 8, 2013

Why is it that scootgar never sees anything. Not an increase in molotovs, not a decrease in 2x4's. Now not an increase in lag?! You have a blessed gameplay time with TLOU. Either that or you just like to dissent.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (25,319 Views)
Sackboy
470 posts

Nov 8, 2013

INCANGENERAL wrote:

Why is it that scootgar never sees anything. Not an increase in molotovs, not a decrease in 2x4's. Now not an increase in lag?! You have a blessed gameplay time with TLOU. Either that or you just like to dissent.

Doubt the 2x4's amount really decreased, it's apparition is just delayed by a few minutes in the match, and the 3 loadout points for it doesn't really change much, you can just switch your loadout after you crafted it, i do it.

Now lag wise, as an European player matched with mostly US and Japanese players, i have it daily, i see an average of 2 bars in the connection, but i rarely encounted people skating around, being bullet proof or pulling Jesus move, while it does happen here and there it's not an every match occurence.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (25,306 Views)
0 Likes