Sackboy
385 posts

Re: Patch 1.02!!!

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

That cover doesn't prove anything. I have some NTSC games (Region 1) and they play fine on a Region 2 console.

Sorry, but I cannot take heresay as a reliable source. NeoGAF is a well-known site and they would have ripped Sony apart if the PS3 Slim introduced new anti-consumer measures (like the Linux fiasco or the removal of the PS2 BC).

You have to understand that every rule has its exception, though. It's like saying that PS3 DLCs are region locked. Is this true? Yes, it is.

There is one exception though: UC3 MP Subway beta NA DLCs work with PAL UC3 discs. How is that possible? Ask Sony/ND.

All this unnecessary argument started from this post -> "Definitely NOT true". If you weren't nitpicking, then many posts wouldn't have been made. Don't take everything literally.

How many of those games actually have the region code printed on their spines? Every other game I've owned has the region code either absent or printed on the back cover. Every game I've seen that's region-locked had the code on the spine, and every non-region-locked game I've played had it on the back cover. Most of the games I've bought locally have the EU region code printed on them even though they're supposed to be NZ/AU region copies of the game.

You mentioned the PS2 backwards-cmpatibility issue. At the time, that overshadowed the region lock news, because it was seen as a bigger problem. That's part of the reason it's mostly faded into obscurity.

And I'd be surprised if that one exception you know about is actually the only exception in the console's history for region-locked DLC. Also, some DLC is locked to the region of the disc, but will work on out-of-region accounts as long as the disc region matches the DLC region, while some will only work when both the disc AND the PSN account regions match the DLC. You were claiming an absolute "there is no region lock on the consoles" in spite of a recent high-profile game being advertised as being region-locked on the console you're talking about and several other examples existing to confirm that fact. I was pointing out that your statement was incorrect. You then decided to bring other points to try and argue that there was no region lock in spite of there being plenty of evidence to the contrary.

All this unnecessary argument started from this comment -> "ps: All PS3 consoles are multizone for PS3 games.". If you weren't making blatantly false statements, then many posts wouldn't have been made. Don't lie to people.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 91 of 98 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2013

Oh look, someone is on his white horse trying to fight evil tap and his blatant lies. Smiley Happy Calm your **bleep**, son!

I could call you a liar as well for not bringing up a reliable well-known source, but I won't stoop to your level. Smiley Wink

ps: Persona 4 Arena is a "high-profile" game? Haha: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70681/persona-4-arena/

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 92 of 98 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Oh look, someone is on his white horse trying to fight evil tap and his blatant lies. Smiley Happy Calm your **bleep**, son!

I could call you a liar as well for not bringing up a reliable well-known source, but I won't stoop to your level. Smiley Wink

ps: Persona 4 Arena is a "high-profile" game? Haha: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70681/persona-4-arena/

Do I really need to give you a source for Persona 4's region locking? Because that alone proves that not all PS3s are region free, even if almost all the games on the console are. I could provide multiple news sites with reports about the game and links to the Wikipedia page for the game with confirmation that it's region-locked, but I didn't bother because it's widely-known.

And the fact that the game is widely-known as being a region-locked game is why I said it was "high profile". The fact that it doesn't have massive sales is why I said it was a "high profile" game instead of a "big name" or a "bestseller".

I'm calling you a liar after providing facts that confirm your statement to be untrue.

My argument was partly based on personal experience, and you could claim that I'm lying about that and I have no evidence to refute it. But you don't have evidence to confirm your claim that I'm lying, while you were the one who confirmed Persona 4 was region locked on PS3 before claiming the console doesn't have a region lock. You've already demonstrated knowledge that your statement was false, so I don't have any obligation to provide that evidence to you again.

EDIT: And no, I'm not going to calm down. I'm not particularly un-calm in the first place. It's 7:30am here, and I'm getting ready for bed. I'm not particularly concerned by this argument, and if there's still something worth saying before I go to sleep, I'll say it. If not, I'll see what's happened when I wake up in the afternoon (maybe early evening)

----V^^^V----
Message 93 of 98 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 1, 2013

Gotta love strawman arguments. I asked for a proof regarding Wots 3, not Persona 4. So yeah, you could be lying and there's no reason to take your hearsay more seriously than NeoGAF or any other well-known gaming site.

Persona 4 is not a high-profile game, at least in NA/EU. Even in Japan its sales were abysmal. High-profile games sell millions of copies.

I'm not gonna bother with you anymore. You seem to be rude for no reason.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 94 of 98 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Gotta love strawman arguments. I asked for a proof regarding Wots 3, not Persona 4. So yeah, you could be lying and there's no reason to take your hearsay more seriously than NeoGAF or any other well-known gaming site.

Persona 4 is not a high-profile game, at least in NA/EU. Even in Japan its sales were abysmal. High-profile games sell millions of copies.

I'm not gonna bother with you anymore. You seem to be rude for no reason.

You said I was lying because I didn't provide evidence to back up my claims. I said you were lying when you had already demonstrated knowledge of all the evidence I need to prove you wrong. You've already seen proof that your claim was incorrect, so there's no reason for me to provide it. You haven't provided me with reliable evidence that I'm wrong, and since my statement is hearsay based on my personal experience, I haven't objected to you discounting it.

And as I said, high profile doesn't mean a game is a commercial success. Kingdoms of Amalur was a high-profile game and the development studio and publisher went under soon after release. Duke Nukem Forever was a high profile game even when it spent a while as a canceled project that wasn't even expected to release. High profile means the game is well-known, and Persona 4 has been in the news a lot recently in gaming circles, so it's definitely a high profile game.

And how am I the one being rude when the worst I'm doing is responding to you in kind? I'm not the one bypassing the language filter on the forums to throw unnecessary profanity into the mix.

----V^^^V----
Message 95 of 98 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Jul 1, 2013

My stats for Singleplayer got screwed up after the patch Smiley Sad

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 96 of 98 (228 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Before patch when you get disconnected You loose survivors, same as just leaving the game. It was ok with me, sick and hungry is something i can handle. I can't handle people leaving match, after patch on 75% matches people are leaving just signing out from playstation network!!! They doesn't looose any survivors. Please change the rules the way it was, just make connection better, don't let people leaving matches as easy as it is after this stupid change in patch 1.02 Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 97 of 98 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17432 posts

Jul 3, 2013

luc-zol wrote:

Before patch when you get disconnected You loose survivors, same as just leaving the game. It was ok with me, sick and hungry is something i can handle. I can't handle people leaving match, after patch on 75% matches people are leaving just signing out from playstation network!!! They doesn't looose any survivors. Please change the rules the way it was, just make connection better, don't let people leaving matches as easy as it is after this stupid change in patch 1.02 Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

But when the game host was quitting out, before, all 7 others were getting hit with a lost day.

This is why this was implemented.  

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 98 of 98 (141 Views)
0 Likes