Sackboy
426 posts

Re: Patch 1.06: Melee Changes Discussions

Feb 14, 2014
I think the modded sticks were needed on survivors. The amount of flamethrowers being used there was crazy. The modded stick should even things out a bit more
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 164 (238 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1483 posts

Feb 14, 2014
Everywhere in life there are h8ers in this forum especially . Because someone runs around and shivs you be it you were shooting him , using a flamethrower punching him etc whatever the case it was in the game for 8 months, now you want to change it. I hear how the Sar is Op the molotovs are Op the shiv dance is Op the FT is op the 2x4 is Op. Bunch of non adapters that want things nerfed and then want people to adapt , meanwhile these same people never adapted to all these non Op tactics and weapons .

Then you have the people telling you the "shiv is a pure stealth tactic" please give me a break it is what I make it. Given WE as the players the ones who play the game much more so than the developers ever will make the gameplay what it is. People hate dying to things and ask for nerfs. So now this will set in motion another cyclical affect where by players will more so use brawler and or flamethrower etc etc. Horrible idea and I love this game best game in years in my opinion .

However I'm no fan boy and I have to be honest when the developers try and appease certain people it is sad and worriesome . If they did this fairly early okay but to have this done 8 months into a game when mostly true supporters of the multiplayer are left playing and have played a certain way to hinder them and make them change their playstyle again is just ridiculous.
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 164 (224 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1212 posts

Feb 14, 2014
I don't understand how you guys can complain about something you haven't experienced yet. I've been dancing shived plenty of times by someone I couldn't get a single shot on, and that let him punch me so I can shiv him, screams "exploit"!

The way i see it, is if you manage to dancing shiv someone without a single shot touching you, you deserve to get the kill. Besides if you can get over that wee SAR nerf, you can get over this. It's not like they made it so you can't shiv someone who seen you at all.
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 164 (207 Views)
Sackboy
343 posts

Feb 14, 2014

ND you need to patch the hopping animation when people throw smoke bombs for easy shiv kills. It's unrealistic how a point blank explosion expert 2 smoke bomb right in the face doesn't stun them whatsoever when they hop over ledges, climb on cars and tables.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TommyLoveTV
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 164 (205 Views)
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Feb 14, 2014

INCANGENERAL wrote:
Everywhere in life there are h8ers in this forum especially . Because someone runs around and shivs you be it you were shooting him , using a flamethrower punching him etc whatever the case it was in the game for 8 months, now you want to change it. I hear how the Sar is Op the molotovs are Op the shiv dance is Op the FT is op the 2x4 is Op. Bunch of non adapters that want things nerfed and then want people to adapt , meanwhile these same people never adapted to all these non Op tactics and weapons .

Then you have the people telling you the "shiv is a pure stealth tactic" please give me a break it is what I make it. Given WE as the players the ones who play the game much more so than the developers ever will make the gameplay what it is. People hate dying to things and ask for nerfs. So now this will set in motion another cyclical affect where by players will more so use brawler and or flamethrower etc etc. Horrible idea and I love this game best game in years in my opinion .

However I'm no fan boy and I have to be honest when the developers try and appease certain people it is sad and worriesome . If they did this fairly early okay but to have this done 8 months into a game when mostly true supporters of the multiplayer are left playing and have played a certain way to hinder them and make them change their playstyle again is just ridiculous.

Exactly. People get frustrated when die in a specific way multiple times and can't adapt to it and then ask for stupid nerfs, and these are the kind of people which now tell us that we have to adapt.....They're a bunch of hypocrits but nothing else :x

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 164 (196 Views)
Fender Bender
2883 posts

Feb 14, 2014

No more shiv dance? Thanks for taking away the most fun thing to do in the game.

No more playing for me.

Take your paws off the shiv dance Naughty Dog!

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 164 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

Feb 14, 2014

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 164 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2014

MitchRico wrote:
Wow lol at everyone following one persons Ill- conceived complaint. If you would have read what the developer wrote, you would have seen that the person that actually damaged you is the only one that can't get shived for 3 seconds.

lol, yeah! I kept reading the thread going "what the cheese is everyone squeaking about now?!" I was so confused.

I also loved the guy who said "now smoke bombs are useless"... Um, WUT? :smileytongue:

The changes are great.

I partially agree with the other player who said he had gotten into Survivors to avoid the 2x4. I did so, too. But, oh well, time to adapt! Something we shall ALL have to do. :smileywink:

Non-troll member, so I'm not around much.
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 164 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2014

Nailboards won't help much. Unless you get the jump on the guy it won't win the fight against Flamethrower users. It's like Shotgun vs Flame. Yeah, you're faster and you down the Flame guy, but you will still burn and die, while he has a hope of getting himself revived.

After some consideration I agree with not being able to stab someone who is shooting me, albeit it being a decent Flame counter. However I still don't understand why I can't use my knife against someone trying to punch me. We can do it in the single player mode against Clickers and it's a life saver at times, yet when some crazed lunatic enters our personal space in online I won't be able to make a new breathing hole in his neck now?

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 164 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2014

EvanSnape wrote:

MitchRico wrote:
Wow lol at everyone following one persons Ill- conceived complaint. If you would have read what the developer wrote, you would have seen that the person that actually damaged you is the only one that can't get shived for 3 seconds.

lol, yeah! I kept reading the thread going "what the cheese is everyone squeaking about now?!" I was so confused.

I also loved the guy who said "now smoke bombs are useless"... Um, WUT? :smileytongue:

The changes are great.

I partially agree with the other player who said he had gotten into Survivors to avoid the 2x4. I did so, too. But, oh well, time to adapt! Something we shall ALL have to do. :smileywink:

Adapting to something that was in the game and is a legite tactic? Sure!

Adapting to some **bleep** that was patched to the game? Nope

And in case you didn't know, smoke bombs are quite useless. You just have to jump over something shortly before it explodes, and you will completly avoid the stun, even though you were hit, which is why good players often don't even bother crafting smoke bombs at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 164 (165 Views)
0 Likes