Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
4231 posts

Re: Patch 1.06: Networking Changes Discussions - Part 2

Feb 17, 2014
  1. Are you still seeing severe lag situations - e.g. dying several seconds after you killed another player?
  2. Are you getting the disconnect icon frequently?  Do you see it almost constantly or only a few times during a match?
  3. Where are you located?
  4. Are you using a wired or wireless connection?
  5. What is your NAT type set to? (Check in XMB --> Settings --> Network Settings --> Network connection test)
  6. Are there any uploads, streaming video (YouTube / Netflix), or torrents going on while you're playing multiplayer?
  7. Have you tried exiting matchmaking and finding a new match? Does every match you find have the same issues? 

1 - No

2 - Never

3 - Vallejo, California

4 - Wireless

5 - 2

6 - No.

7 - N/A

In all honesty, I just played TLOU's multiplayer last night for the first time in several months. I had no issues, which surprised me, considering I was using Wi-Fi instead of Wired for the first time, while playing a MP game on my PS3. It ran smooth and I had no lag.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 11 of 207 (375 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Feb 18, 2014

Feedback we're looking for:

1. Are you still seeing severe lag situations - e.g. dying several seconds after you killed another player?
  2. Are you getting the disconnect icon frequently?  Do you see it almost constantly or only a few times during a match?
  5. What is your NAT type set to? (Check in XMB --> Settings --> Network Settings --> Network connection test)
  6. Are there any uploads, streaming video (YouTube / Netflix), or torrents going on while you're playing multiplayer?
  7. Have you tried exiting matchmaking and finding a new match? Does every match you find have the same issues? 

1. Played about 10 -15 games today and only a few laggy situations but nothing serious.

2. I saw the disconnect icon twice today once only for a short period and then again for pretty much a whole game but this was due to my brother streaming netflix. Once he had finished it was fine again.

3. I am located in the UK

4. I am using a wired connection

5. NAT Type 2

6. Generally no there are not people streaming video. If there are i am not really able to play as my internet just cant handle it, but this goes for all games.

7.Nope havent had enough issues to warrant killing off my clan! 

Overall I have to say thank you for reverting the network update rate as im now able to play again! Only other thing I have to report is that i encountered my first invisible enemy player today!

Message 12 of 207 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4748 posts

Feb 18, 2014
Found myself a guy skipping frames and bursting semi rounds. Just love that the lag is back.

Wired connection
Nat2
11 down 3.5 up
Utah
Only person in the connection
Message 13 of 207 (340 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2140 posts

Feb 18, 2014

ndi-edaly wrote:

Feedback we're looking for:

1. No "severe" lag situations but there have been several situations during a match where these players all of a sudden become INVISIBLE, including my teammates. Then, when the final scoreboard comes up, I can finally see my teammates and any enemies within my vincinity.
  2. No. Haven't seen it once yet.
  3. Salt Lake City, Utah.
  4. Wired.
  5. NAT Type 2.
  6. No.
  7. Yes, tried exiting the lobby and finding a new one but every now and then, the same issue comes back again.

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 14 of 207 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
256 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2014

1. I am not seeing severe lag. (only occasionally since the release of the game)

2. I am still getting the white icon sometimes. (usually when near a player whose signal is 1 bar or less from my perspective. (My ownteammates also) I also see and hear other players complaining about their characters freezing. (Surprisingly I have only met a couple of people who even visit this forum. So everyone is not reporting their results by any means. Maybe a note at game startup like UC3?)

3. Illinois

4. wired cat 6 cable

5. Nat 2

6. only the game is using bandwidth

7. exiting and finding players with better signals helps

qqqq3508501.pngaaaa430407324.png

I am very proud of my  modem and router setup. I can stream 1080p movies directly from my server in the Netherlands via VPN without a hiccup. (mediacom recently installed new wiring inside and out.) My modem logs have no negative entries for months now.

Message 15 of 207 (329 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 18, 2014

1- Until now (about 15 matches in 0.24) no.
2- No.
3- Brazil - São Paulo
4- Wired, connected directly on router
5- 2
6- No.
7- N/A.

:smileywink:

Message 16 of 207 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3642 posts

Feb 18, 2014
Very good except one lobby full of late joiners. Everyone was quitting or getting kicked. Everyone that joined was a 2 bar. Overall its been pretty good.

Even when I'm WiFi and my wife is streaming Netflix it works good with no white plug.
Message 17 of 207 (298 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 18, 2014

YES, the issues are still there. please remove the stricter lag detection. played with all types of internet are experiencing issues. please revert the network changes back to what they were in the previous patch but leave all the other changes. thank you

1. yes yes yes yes yes

2. constantly lagging every 3 seconds for no reason.

3. North America/ USA/ New york State

4. wired

5. Nat 2

6. not after new patch, old patch allowed it, new one doesnt. even without, game lags constantly

7. YES every match, even private matches, all game types and levels

Message 18 of 207 (290 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
83 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 18, 2014

Thanks for the continued feedback!  It's very helpful.  If you are still experiencing some severe latency issues (such as the poster above), please describe what you're seeing.

The continued reports of the invisibility bug are still very troubling.  This was an extremely rare bug before that we've never been able to reproduce in our QA department.  If anyone has any additional details about the matches where it occurred, we'd love to hear more about it.  e.g.:

Were you a late-joiner to the match?

Were the invisible player(s) late-joiners to the match?

Were you getting the network disconnect icon before it occured?

How many player(s) were invisible?

Did the invisibility last all match or go away at some point?

If anyone with recording capability manages to get a video of it we'd of course love to see it.

And please keep reporting your general networking experiences and information as you've been doing.  Thanks.

Message 19 of 207 (273 Views)
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Feb 18, 2014

Since the invisible player thing never occured with me, I'll answer the first ones.

1. Yes, just happened to me yesterday, a guy in the other team had 0 bars and I kept downing him but then he gets up and downs me.

2. No, very rarely. And even when it happens it's mostly my fault.  (I have 2 routers 1 for the rest of the house and 1 for the PS3 only)

3. Saudi Arabia

4.Wired

5. Type 2

6. Nope, as I said, using a router only for the PS3.

7. The issues occur on every few matches. Even if I go back and search for a new one.

(However I do get connected to people from Europe or Asia for the most part, rarely anyone from America, so my location is only a problem when playing with/ against Americans for the most part.)

#Parts4Teabag :smileyvery-happy:
---
My utoobz : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdKVpXPI_F9nBDU4KQKXDLw
Message 20 of 207 (263 Views)
0 Likes