Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1037 posts

Re: Patch 1.06: Networking Changes Discussions - Part 2

Feb 20, 2014
Bye the way ndi-edaly awesome explanation of the detection system and this patch.
Hope to have more of these. " explanations"
I once heard that a king cobra bit a high ping player.......sorry to say that after five days of grueling agonizing pain.....that cobra has died.
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 208 (322 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2014

I wanna know why was the upload rate was decreased back to the original speeds? I thought the double upload rate was a pretty good thing. Made sure everything was better up to date on the screen of the players. My question is what happened to it? Why was it removed?

soloninja
Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 208 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1037 posts

Feb 20, 2014
I'm really not sure why people dont.

10 tics =100ms of "built in" lag.
That means there is always a delay of 100ms constantly going on.
Though you dont see it because ND's prediction technology does a really great job covering this up.
Only in really extreme cases do you really notice it. Which it seems they want to fix.
10 tic to 30 tic is 33%.
This is very noticable in game play.
Why would you not want the tic higher or more up to date enviroments you got me.
Maybe they just dont understand what that means in terms on screen.
I once heard that a king cobra bit a high ping player.......sorry to say that after five days of grueling agonizing pain.....that cobra has died.
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 208 (292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 20, 2014

Yeah it may just be my speeds are dipping erraticly which I don't know why.  But I agree that technically I should be able to play.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 208 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1037 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2014

I dont know the exact requirements speed wise this game uses or needs but I'll tell you this.

Battlefield 4 on Ps4 with 64 player conquest uses 5-8kbps.
Thats ps4 and 64 players.

You need to find why it dips honestly.
Your isp can answer your questions about your "own" connections better than ND can.
So its worth a shot.
Could be simply out of date firmware as well.
Like your pc your router needs updated as well.

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 208 (278 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2014

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 208 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1037 posts

Feb 20, 2014
Actually with the current settings that our systems are limited to via the game engines themselves in game bandwidth isnt really needed. We are talking about numbers so low I dont know anyone from any country that really should be affected.

Microsofts toc can be googled and they require for a game to be published it should function for a player using a connection of a min of 5 kbps.
Sony doesn't have theirs released public.
But keep in mind games are not exclusive to only one console so they would pretty much have to be the same conditions allbthe way around.
This 10hz tic rate is tied to this.
Naughty dog makes games exclusively for sony so I'm sure the dont have to follow that rule set. But altering it runs the risk of booting players losing money. Its still a business.

This kinda does also point to why you cant have the infected in the multi player as well.- dont quote me on that but it could be the "resources" ND mentioned not having.

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 208 (256 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 20, 2014

Network Trouble Icon! :manmad:

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 208 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
368 posts

Feb 20, 2014
Problems I'm facing.

Feedback we're looking for:

1. Are you still seeing severe lag situations - e.g. dying several seconds after you killed another player?

Funnily yes, I am now. Sometimes.

1. Are you getting the disconnect icon frequently?  Do you see it almost constantly or only a few times during a match?

A few matches I get the plug icon for a really long time and everything freezes. And then say 5 seconds or so later it resumes. Once I froze with the plug, 15 seconds later kicked to factions menu.

1. Where are you located?

New Delhi India

1. Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

Wired , DMZ, Nat 2

1. What is your NAT type set to? (Check in XMB --> Settings --> Network Settings --> Network connection test)

Wired , DMZ, Nat 2

1. Are there any uploads, streaming video (YouTube / Netflix), or torrents going on while you're playing multiplayer?

None. Entire connection dedicated to gaming.

1. Have you tried exiting matchmaking and finding a new match? Does every match you find have the same issues? 

Happened on seperate occasions with different lobbies, so YES.

This is with a much much faster changed, wired only NAT2 (DMZ) connection.
Still having an issue.

speednextra

Last of Us gameplay, Hunting Rifles Headshots , Custom created Game mode videos and MOAR!

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 208 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3554 posts

Feb 20, 2014
^test to your friend's locations. The ones you play with most. Test to the locations of players you find in matchmaking. <50 miles doesn't tell the whole story.
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 208 (215 Views)