Please read and post all discussions about the Patch 1.06 changes to Revivin and Bleed-out here:
- Teamwork is key in The Last of Us multiplayer, which we love. The revive system plays a crucial role in keeping teams together and enhancing teamwork. However we feel that under certain conditions this system can allow teams to get their teammates back into combat too quickly - namely when there are multiple players reviving. Reviving a teammate in combat should be a meaningful tactical decision that should always carry a cost. Currently when there are multiple players reviving, they can get a teammate back up in one to two seconds, making that tactical decision less impactful. This sometimes leads to a whack-a-mole situation with the same players getting downed and revived repeatedly very quickly, with little tactical cost to the revive. At the same time, the part rewards for reviving are significant, which make repeated revives even more powerful.
- To address these issues we've made the following changes, which we've been playtesting for a while now and feel fair to us:
- Reduced the speed bonus that a player assisting with the revive gives (was 50%, now 25%)
- Reviver skill now only applies for the player who started the revive.
- After a player has been revived once, the Parts for reviving that player are reduced from 100 to 50 (re-sets to default on player death)
- [Supply Raid and Survivors only] Bleed-out time for a player (15 seconds Supply Raid / 40 seconds Survivors) is now reduced by 25% each time that player is revived, up to a maximum of 50% off (re-sets to default on player death)
While this is all true, current revive system encourages people to go and revive fallen teammate in group, which in turn makes them an easy target for a Bomb, or a Molotov.
Anyway, that's just me saying stuff. The changes are great!
> Reviver skill now only applies for the player who started the revive.
Using the reviver perk seems even less attractive than before, limiting 'medic' players especially in random teams and/or player not using mics.
Not only do I get parts from reviving only if I'm the player initiating the revive, now enhanced reviving speed is useless unless I'm initiating too? I don't get it. Why would anybody still use reviver 2 or 3 now (3/4 loadout points)?
So randomly downing people in the game is more useful, which makes bomb placing and long range gun fights more useful
This is why you should complain. If you dont complain then ND makes changes on their own....Havent played but these reviving changes dont look good at all.