Fender Bender
3610 posts

Re: Patch 1.06: Reviving & Bleed-out Discussions

Feb 14, 2014
HeadyNugs8 wrote :
I for one think this is great ND! As someone who used the hunting rifle quite a bit, I think it makes the weapon more attractive to use. Too often to I down someone at medium range, rush in immediately only to find the person already revived. You're missing the fact that revives will still occur quickly with 3 people reviving someone, but just not instantaneously like before. Take 2 people w/ reviver 3 reviving a downed teammate and you have instant revive. To appease the haters, perhaps a better counterbalance would be to also include 50% parts for assisting in the revive? I can see +50 parts enticing randoms to help in the revive.
You are being selfish and solely thinking of what behooves you. No one complained about revives it was never a topic. ND chooses to touch what they like , this game is for the Gaming community it's not an artists touch after 8 months.

No one was hating on revives silly comment by you .
Message 71 of 114 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
738 posts

Feb 14, 2014
@Goldhawk

1. Clans again? Lol. You are complaining about a STUPID META GAME that does not affect your performance or experience in the game. Even if the meta game was somehow important, it won't be affected by getting less parts out of revives; if you are half decent at this game that is.

2. How can I even response to this? No idea. Are we even playing the same game? I just had 10+ matches with only one friend and we won all except one. If your performance depends on people reviving you all the time, then I suggest you to review your performance.

3. The enemies are not getting more supplies. They are playing under the exact same conditions as you are. How many parts each team gets depends on whatever perks they are running and how well they are performing. In fact; a team of Reviver 3 guys can make a ton of parts just by reviving each other back and forth and it's a scenario that I've seen plenty of times.

4. Yes, I do think. Did it ever occur to you that my experience may be different? I do get revived by randoms ALL THE TIME. Also; if your clans needs reviving parts just to stay alive then you're playing this game wrong. I make it through all my weeks without breaking a sweat and I'm sure many else do as well on this forum.

Read my other responses, 'cause apparently you missed the part where I said this is naughty dog punishing players for going DOWN. Your buddy is not being rewarded for you sucking and going down all the time.
Message 72 of 114 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Feb 14, 2014

Arzharkhel wrote:
@Goldhawk

1. Clans again? Lol. You are complaining about a STUPID META GAME that does not affect your performance or experience in the game. Even if the meta game was somehow important, it won't be affected by getting less parts out of revives; if you are half decent at this game that is.

2. How can I even response to this? No idea. Are we even playing the same game? I just had 10+ matches with only one friend and we won all except one. If your performance depends on people reviving you all the time, then I suggest you to review your performance.

3. The enemies are not getting more supplies. They are playing under the exact same conditions as you are. How many parts each team gets depends on whatever perks they are running and how well they are performing. In fact; a team of Reviver 3 guys can make a ton of parts just by reviving each other back and forth and it's a scenario that I've seen plenty of times.

4. Yes, I do think. Did it ever occur to you that my experience may be different? I do get revived by randoms ALL THE TIME. Also; if your clans needs reviving parts just to stay alive then you're playing this game wrong. I make it through all my weeks without breaking a sweat and I'm sure many else do as well on this forum.

Read my other responses, 'cause apparently you missed the part where I said this is naughty dog punishing players for going DOWN. Your buddy is not being rewarded for you sucking and going down all the time.

just give up.  Your excuse was stupid.  No way around it.   No amount of grasping at straws will help. 

Message 73 of 114 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
738 posts

Feb 14, 2014
^ lmao. Speaking of stupid.
Message 74 of 114 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2014

The bottom line is that there was nothing wrong with Revives.   No reason to nerf it.   And in general, the changes discourage team work.   If it's not broke, don't fix it.

While I have no problem with less parts for the second/third Revive or faster bleed outs, changing the speed of the Revives when multiple players participate is a poor design choice.  It does make Reviver much less attractive as a perk, and in general, stopping to help a random teammate is much less attractive.

This is the kind of change that hurts teams and team players, and Rambo Solo Players won't care about one way or another.  Just seems pointless at best, and damaging at worst.

Message 75 of 114 (389 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1296 posts

Feb 14, 2014

Honestly even with the nerf I don't really notice a difference. I still revive those I can and let die those I cannot. Many randoms I play with do the same and some just don't revive at all. If they didn't revive before I don't see why lowering the points you get from reviving is going to affect those randoms who never revived you anyway. 

Did reviving need nerfed? No.

Will the new nerf change the game? No. 

Do we need to grow up and stop fighting over the internet? Yes

So why are we arguing about it? 

ND put a lot of thought into their game and thought it would be best to change it. Be happy they still have interest in the game to care about the balance. Even if their changes make it worse in some people's opinion, I am greatful they still care about us enough as players to make changes. 

Message 76 of 114 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Feb 14, 2014

Arzharkhel wrote:
^ lmao. Speaking of stupid.

Just because you say someone or something is stupid doesn't mean it's true.  You had a terrible idea/explanation.  Just quit crying about it already.  

Message 77 of 114 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3390 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2014
The thing is, not many people read the forums or keep themselves updated on the patch notes, so they wont really notice getting less parts, they might notice the increased time it takes to revive someone in a group but thats it.

Still, there was no reason to change the revive system, as people complain more about the flamethrower than reviving (in fact people complained about NOT getting revived, this encourages people to NOT revive you)
The funny thing about the flamethrower now, its the only purchasable with 2 points, the rest are 3. Im sure ND realized that all purchasables should be no more than 3 and no less than 3 and will probably adress that issue next patch. Its just odd why they would change reviving when it was fine 8 months into the game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
"if all multiplayers were just for fun it would be boring."
Message 78 of 114 (368 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Feb 14, 2014

Funny how no one's mentioned that healing has been nerfed in points because of this too. Just tested, in a public match, (a team mate downed herself with a bomb) and after being revived healling gives half as many points.

Message 79 of 114 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Feb 14, 2014

ExOTiC1234 wrote:
The thing is, not many people read the forums or keep themselves updated on the patch notes, so they wont really notice getting less parts, they might notice the increased time it takes to revive someone in a group but thats it.

Still, there was no reason to change the revive system, as people complain more about the flamethrower than reviving (in fact people complained about NOT getting revived, this encourages people to NOT revive you)
The funny thing about the flamethrower now, its the only purchasable with 2 points, the rest are 3. Im sure ND realized that all purchasables should be no more than 3 and no less than 3 and will probably adress that issue next patch. Its just odd why they would change reviving when it was fine 8 months into the game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I agree with this heavily.  It wasn't hurting anything.  I mean really, even boosting is still possible now and that wasn't even a problem before.  There's literally NO reason to change it.  None.  There are so many things wrong with this MP... but they felt the need to nerf it anyway?  

The thing that bugs me is, now it's going to be harder to get parts, especially if the healing rumor is true.  I used to let other people on my team do medic style teamwork and then found it hard to keep up with the amount of points they got because one cannot simply feed their entire clan or get a decent amount of parts for upgrades simply by being good at killing.  Now, they're nerfing teamwork and that'll make it harder to get necessary parts as well.  

I say necessary because upgraded weapons, armor and purchasables are really necessary for good players because of the amount of drops they get out of boxes that allow them to craft endless molotovs and nail bombs.  

It seems dumb that this was never brought up even one time but yet they needed to nerf it for absolutely no reason. 

Message 80 of 114 (351 Views)
0 Likes