May 10 2014
By: Minimo123 Lombax Warrior 118 posts

Patch 1.07 what i think needs tweaking

13 replies 268 views Edited May 10, 2014

Starting with weapons:

Specter:  Its a very fun weapon that i intend to use as a substitute to the flamethrower(since its OP and dont like things easy) in my stealth loadout, i think it downs in 7 shots? It feels fine as it is, except for the part cost. You can easily burn a whole clip on someone for a full down,so i think the part cost should be decreased overall.

Launcher: Fun, situational weapon. However, i think its LP should be reduced to 2. Why? Well, its the only purchasable besides the machete (which is also very underpowered) to only include a kill and a half. And its ammo is expensive too, i accept that, because you can do pretty cool stuff with this weapon at SOME SITUATIONS, but that's not enough reason to use it for 4LP. That's way too much. 

Flamethrower: Still overpowered IMHO... Since most people wont accept a reduction in range or something, i believe its LP should be switched with the Launcer. Making it cost 4LP, for a silenced CHEAP weapon, that has a splash effect and can easily and effective EXECUTE a whole team close toguether on close quarters, i find it a decent, acceptable "nerf".

Machete: The machete needed something before. That was a increase in durability. Now, it has been seriously nerfed because you only get ONE down if you waste your parts in it, along with 3 LP, and even crafting materials!?  That doesnt make ANY sense. Sure, its seriously worth my materials to upgrade a machete to get ONE hit equal to a SAR shot? My fix for this is: Either turn it back the way it was but with more durability, or leave it as it is, and increase its upgraded durability to 3, and when with brawler 2, to 6. That would be a total of 9hits for a fully upgraded machete, which means 3 potential downs after inverting 400 parts + upgrading materials + brawler 2 + 3 LP. I find it fair enough.

Assault Rifle: It needs SOMETHING. Either a simple increase in damage (4 shots to down) or reduce its part costs by about 25% and 13 bullets per purchase. Something to make it woth the LP cost and part cost compared to the "free" of purchases FAR which only costs 2LP and you have no fear of shooting it agaisnt anyone because you can easily get it refilled unlike the Assault Rifle.

Onto skills:

Damage Marker: Nice, but high LP for its use. Either it should be mixed with hawkeye, or reduce its LP to 2 at the first level and 3 LP for its ultimate level.

Gunslinger: In my opinion, a useless skill because at the moment you upgrade your pistol this skill loses it effect. It should be either 2LP for double ammo at spawn, or make it so that level 1 gives double ammo, level 2 gives upgrade 1 and level 3 makes you start the game with a fully upgraded pistol. 

Cant think of anything else at the moment, ill be sure to update/edit this if after playing some more find things worth noting. Also... Make PRODUCTIVE replies, meaning, i dont want to see the typical "NO NERFS NO BUFFS" reply without VALID reasons and arguments on each thing you think should or shouldnt remain the same.

Finally.. a quick question, i wanna buy the DLC, and i see the season pass is still on PSN, if i purchase it now, will i get all the maps, weapons, left behind and grounded mode?

Message 1 of 14 (268 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: Patch 1.07 what i think needs tweaking

May 10, 2014

I defiantly agree with the changes to launcher and machete.

The launcher is pretty underpowered and it costs quite a bit. 4 loadout points is way too much to ask for. I don't think i'll ever see myself using that weapon until I see it buffed.

The machete used to be of wonders. I really like the new animation and effects, but it needs more hits. One purchase only gets me 1 down and it costs like 400parts i believe? There goes another weapon that I probably won't be using until a buff happens.

As for specter, I agree somewhat. Maybe it's just because I'd rather use AR over that, but that's just me. It does run out of ammo too quickly and 1 purchase manages to get you 1 down (2 if really lucky). The AR could get 2 downs with 10 bullets if you use it correctly.

As for the perks, I could care less cuz I don't even use em Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 14 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
257 posts

May 10, 2014
Launcher is really dangerous. This is a team game. You must think like a team.
Can you imagine how could it be a fight against a team with 2 or 3 launchers and a brawler? No corner fight, nowhere to hide.... Imagine this in The Dam.
Message 3 of 14 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2014

Its not "really" dangerous. It serves is purpose to hurt people behind cover if used correctly, and they can still run away if your using it without coordination or assistance from your team. Its low reload speed and bullet cost, along with that every purchase only gives one potential down and a half make it balanced. The only thing is that its LP is too high, since it has its fair limitations (unlike the flamethrower, which has many perks: Cheap, silenced, splash damage, takes of armor easily, extremely long clip size.. I Repeat, flamethrower should cost 4LP.)

Message 4 of 14 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

May 10, 2014
I agree the AR should cost less for ammo
Message 5 of 14 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2905 posts

May 10, 2014

The machete has always been a one down.

Message 6 of 14 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3151 posts

May 10, 2014

Machette: If you think of your hits as ammo, then it isn't so expensive.

Launcher: If used properly, it gets plenty of downs, or it's really good for flushing the enemy from cover.

Spectre: If the ammo was cheaper it would be super OP because of the ROF.

Things are fine right now and there is a balance and a counter for most things, apart from the smoke bomb shiv charge thing. But hey, you can't have everything.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3vPDpbsHk_L1zuIelKwTxw

MGSV S rank walkthrough in progress.
Message 7 of 14 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

May 10, 2014

Stopped reading at "Flamethrower needs to be nerfed."

With guns like the Spector and the shotgun, the flamethrower pales in comaprison.

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 8 of 14 (165 Views)
Lombax Warrior
78 posts

May 10, 2014
Message 9 of 14 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

May 11, 2014

Nidhoggr_1971 wrote:

Machette: If you think of your hits as ammo, then it isn't so expensive.

Launcher: If used properly, it gets plenty of downs, or it's really good for flushing the enemy from cover.

Spectre: If the ammo was cheaper it would be super OP because of the ROF.

Things are fine right now and there is a balance and a counter for most things, apart from the smoke bomb shiv charge thing. But hey, you can't have everything.

the machete IS expensive, especially if you compared it to the ammo of other purchasables, which give atleast two potential downs with each purchase while it only has 1.

The launcher doesnt have an insane amount of AOE or reload speed, so you CANT get "plenty" of downs that easily. You have to coordinate with your teams or use it as assistance, and you wont ever be spamming it because its pretty expensive. That's why i believe its LP should be decreased to 2.

Spectre requires skill to use in my opinion, it doesnt work well at a distance but if used properly it does work up close. That's why im saying a decrease in parts cost would make it totally balanced because its actually very expensive now.

PS: Nobody answered my question about the season pass! Can i buy it and get all the DLC?

Message 10 of 14 (136 Views)
0 Likes