Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 8, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

Kind of like the "Lag: We need your help" bull$#!t thread.

Haha, I had warned everyone that it was a PR thread, but they didn't believe me. That's why I refused to post my (really detailed) connection stats. Now I'm here to say "I told you so!". :smileyhappy:

Btw, can someone explain to me why the majority tolerates ND's lies? I remember Eric promising us spectator mode and a ping toggle for their future projects.

 

I guess it's like politics: no matter what you do, the majority will always be sheeple. :smileysad:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 144 (384 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/13/2010
Online
3567 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 9, 2013
Yeah I thought it was legit lol

"Rape me once shame on you. Rape me twice, I must have done something to deserve it" -GagaPeePap
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 144 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
9958 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 9, 2013
Slipping off the first page. I'll bump it up.

@ND forumers Come on guys. This is very beneficial for everyone.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 144 (357 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
1239 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 9, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

This is a copy/paste from the UC3 MP thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-...

Since ND added the stat hat toggle, how about a ping filter toggle as well?

How would it work:
On = find players with 5 connection bars (100ms maximum latency)
Off = find players ASAP regardless of latency

For parties it would work exactly like the DLC toggle -> only the party leader's toggle/latency would matter.

 

If the leader is from EU, it would find players from neighbouring EU countries. If the leader is from NA, it would find players from the US, Canada etc.

Who else wants this feature?

edit:

ND's response here -> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Region-lock-toggle-SUPPORT-for-...


There's no reason to ignore it. ND promised us this feature for their "future projects" (TLOU, ???). Read Eric's response!

 

They already plan to implement Mercenary playlists. Support this idea/thread if you want them to take it seriously and add it in a future patch.


What do you care about whether this game has lag or not?  You are renting the game :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 144 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
180 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 9, 2013
I wouldn't even be that bummed if they never implemented a ping toggle

Just region lock the **bleep** game, and don't make server-side patches that cater to laggers!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 144 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/11/2008
Offline
4825 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 9, 2013
Is it just me who is finding players from my region most of the time? I felt this game has a more 'regional' matchmaking than U3's.

Every single time I'm the party leader, or while playing alone, I get matched to people in my country/region.



Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 144 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 9, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

What do you care about whether this game has lag or not?  You are renting the game :smileyvery-happy:


I had rented it for the SP. You don't think I'm stupid enough to rent it for 3-4 weeks, do you? :smileyindifferent:


Shadow-Man_4 wrote:
Is it just me who is finding players from my region most of the time? I felt this game has a more 'regional' matchmaking than U3's.

Every single time I'm the party leader, or while playing alone, I get matched to people in my country/region.

Yes, but what you don't understand is that we don't trust ND that they won't screw up the matchmaking priority.

The UC3 Summer beta had ping-based matchmaking, but they changed it in the retail game, because many people cried about "high levels". I already see people crying about that...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 144 (333 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/13/2010
Online
3567 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 16, 2013
Ping filter toggle please. Too many 3G bullet sponges ruining my evenings.
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 144 (272 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13263 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 16, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

What do you care about whether this game has lag or not?  You are renting the game :smileyvery-happy:


I had rented it for the SP. You don't think I'm stupid enough to rent it for 3-4 weeks, do you? :smileyindifferent:


Shadow-Man_4 wrote:
Is it just me who is finding players from my region most of the time? I felt this game has a more 'regional' matchmaking than U3's.

Every single time I'm the party leader, or while playing alone, I get matched to people in my country/region.

Yes, but what you don't understand is that we don't trust ND that they won't screw up the matchmaking priority.

The UC3 Summer beta had ping-based matchmaking, but they changed it in the retail game, because many people cried about "high levels". I already see people crying about that...


Why is it.. Everyone else gets regional matchmaking.

 

and I get.

 

KSA... :smileyindifferent: WHY?

 

Ugh.



Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 144 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 16, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Why is it.. Everyone else gets regional matchmaking.

 

and I get.

 

KSA... :smileyindifferent: WHY?

 

Ugh.


It depends on who is the party leader and when you usually play.

If it's you, you should find UK/EU players, as long as you don't play late at night.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 144 (257 Views)
0 Likes