Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 8, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

Kind of like the "Lag: We need your help" bull$#!t thread.

Haha, I had warned everyone that it was a PR thread, but they didn't believe me. That's why I refused to post my (really detailed) connection stats. Now I'm here to say "I told you so!". :smileyhappy:

Btw, can someone explain to me why the majority tolerates ND's lies? I remember Eric promising us spectator mode and a ping toggle for their future projects.

 

I guess it's like politics: no matter what you do, the majority will always be sheeple. :smileysad:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 61 of 144 (398 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Offline
3643 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 9, 2013
Yeah I thought it was legit lol

"Rape me once shame on you. Rape me twice, I must have done something to deserve it" -GagaPeePap
Message 62 of 144 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 01/04/2012
Online
10170 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 9, 2013
Slipping off the first page. I'll bump it up.

@ND forumers Come on guys. This is very beneficial for everyone.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 63 of 144 (371 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
1239 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 9, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

This is a copy/paste from the UC3 MP thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-...

Since ND added the stat hat toggle, how about a ping filter toggle as well?

How would it work:
On = find players with 5 connection bars (100ms maximum latency)
Off = find players ASAP regardless of latency

For parties it would work exactly like the DLC toggle -> only the party leader's toggle/latency would matter.

 

If the leader is from EU, it would find players from neighbouring EU countries. If the leader is from NA, it would find players from the US, Canada etc.

Who else wants this feature?

edit:

ND's response here -> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Region-lock-toggle-SUPPORT-for-...


There's no reason to ignore it. ND promised us this feature for their "future projects" (TLOU, ???). Read Eric's response!

 

They already plan to implement Mercenary playlists. Support this idea/thread if you want them to take it seriously and add it in a future patch.


What do you care about whether this game has lag or not?  You are renting the game :smileyvery-happy:

Message 64 of 144 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
180 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 9, 2013
I wouldn't even be that bummed if they never implemented a ping toggle

Just region lock the **bleep** game, and don't make server-side patches that cater to laggers!!!

Message 65 of 144 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/11/2008
Offline
4836 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 9, 2013
Is it just me who is finding players from my region most of the time? I felt this game has a more 'regional' matchmaking than U3's.

Every single time I'm the party leader, or while playing alone, I get matched to people in my country/region.



Message 66 of 144 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 9, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

What do you care about whether this game has lag or not?  You are renting the game :smileyvery-happy:


I had rented it for the SP. You don't think I'm stupid enough to rent it for 3-4 weeks, do you? :smileyindifferent:


Shadow-Man_4 wrote:
Is it just me who is finding players from my region most of the time? I felt this game has a more 'regional' matchmaking than U3's.

Every single time I'm the party leader, or while playing alone, I get matched to people in my country/region.

Yes, but what you don't understand is that we don't trust ND that they won't screw up the matchmaking priority.

The UC3 Summer beta had ping-based matchmaking, but they changed it in the retail game, because many people cried about "high levels". I already see people crying about that...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 67 of 144 (347 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Offline
3643 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 16, 2013
Ping filter toggle please. Too many 3G bullet sponges ruining my evenings.
Message 68 of 144 (286 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
13774 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 16, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

What do you care about whether this game has lag or not?  You are renting the game :smileyvery-happy:


I had rented it for the SP. You don't think I'm stupid enough to rent it for 3-4 weeks, do you? :smileyindifferent:


Shadow-Man_4 wrote:
Is it just me who is finding players from my region most of the time? I felt this game has a more 'regional' matchmaking than U3's.

Every single time I'm the party leader, or while playing alone, I get matched to people in my country/region.

Yes, but what you don't understand is that we don't trust ND that they won't screw up the matchmaking priority.

The UC3 Summer beta had ping-based matchmaking, but they changed it in the retail game, because many people cried about "high levels". I already see people crying about that...


Why is it.. Everyone else gets regional matchmaking.

 

and I get.

 

KSA... :smileyindifferent: WHY?

 

Ugh.



Message 69 of 144 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Ping filter toggle - SUPPORT for less lag! [30+ kudos]

Jul 16, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Why is it.. Everyone else gets regional matchmaking.

 

and I get.

 

KSA... :smileyindifferent: WHY?

 

Ugh.


It depends on who is the party leader and when you usually play.

If it's you, you should find UK/EU players, as long as you don't play late at night.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 70 of 144 (271 Views)
0 Likes