Dec 07 2013
By: Bizzerker_Bauer Uncharted Territory 1531 posts
Accepted Solution

Player Ammo Drops

17 replies 333 views Edited Dec 7, 2013
I've just started using a class that uses the Revolver as it's only weapon, with the AR as a purchasable. It's working out nicely so far, wih one aggravating problem. I can't get ammo for my Revolver. I start the game with a Revolver/SAR, so apparently for the rest of the game any kill I get with anything other than my Revolver will only give me ammo for my SAR...which I don't have. It's getting really aggravating getting ammo I can't use for a gun that's not even part of my class. Has anyone else had this problem?
Message 1 of 18 (333 Views)
Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Re: Player Ammo Drops

Dec 8, 2013

Known problem, been mentioned since about week 1, when I was switching a BR to a Revolver only loadout.

Been mentioned to devs.  Is on fix list.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 2 of 18 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
738 posts

Dec 8, 2013
Use it as a support class from the very get go and you shouldn't have that problem. I run the very same setup when I play support and I always have ammo, even on the AR riffle.
Message 3 of 18 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1531 posts

Dec 8, 2013
@scootgar: So that's ND speak for "deal with it", right?

@Arzharkhel: Well, I use revolver, SAR, FAT 3, and Crafter 3 for a couple of spawns, then switch to revolver and AR with...I don't even remember what boosters. It'd just be nice to get ammo for guns I actually have. I'm not sure why it defaults to anything else.
Message 4 of 18 (287 Views)
Wastelander
738 posts

Dec 8, 2013
What setup do use when you switch to the AR? If you run only revolver, FAT 2, Crafter 3, reviver 1, you shouldn't hace problems keeping your ammo up. I average 5k parts easily with that loadout without using any part boosters.

It's the best way that I can think of to go around the actual problem that ND hasn't and probably won't fix.
Message 5 of 18 (284 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7291 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Is this a consistent thing or does it just happen every now and then? I rarely switch loadouts if ever, but the few handful of times I have, it hasn't affected me, one time I accidentally chose my bow/shorty loadout, then died 2 minutes in and switched to a burst/revolver and started getting burst/revolver ammo just fine.

If it's a problem, sure fix it, I just want to know if it happens 100% of the time, or only every now and then

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 6 of 18 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1531 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2013
It's kindof a random grab bag of boosters. Since I only have one gun I figured Brawler 1 and Explosive Expert 2 were solid choices. I picked Collector 2 to help keep things rolling once I switched over and started getting kills with the AR. Not an amazing class but it works out pretty well. Still trying to adjust to leaning more on bombs and melee when I have to, but it's fun to use, other than not getting ammo for my one actual weapon.

@sanddude: It's definitely a consistent thing. Kills with anything but my revolver will give me SAR ammo. I even opened a supply box at one point and got like 7 SAR ammo and no revolver
Message 7 of 18 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7291 posts

Dec 8, 2013

by consistent I mean does it happen every time you switch your loadout. I mean I personally only ever ever switched my loadout to one with different guns like 4 times total and it worked fine for me, so I don't know.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 8 of 18 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1531 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2013
Every time I switch to a class with no large firearm it happens. Apparently everything but sidearm kills give ammo for your large firearm. If you had one but don't anymore it just keeps giving ammo for it.

Also, not as big of a problem, but I have a loadout with revolver, BR, and El Diablo. I'll end up using El Diablo for most kills and then only ever geting BR ammo, to the point where I have full BR with half a dozen drops on the map.
Message 9 of 18 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Dec 9, 2013

to me this makes things more fun adds to the desperation level of the game... scraping for ammo... instead of every enemy conveniently giving you ammo for your current gone

Message 10 of 18 (226 Views)
0 Likes