I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Re: Player pool falling

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2014

Lion241 wrote:

Yeah new maps can keep this game going and when all else fails I can see TLOU being released  for ps plus or something which will definetly bring in people who still haven't played the game. Despite how well the PS4 has been selling their are many people who are still getting their first PS3 and have yet to play TLOU, plus if PSnow isn't a fail that can help this games player pool.

I hope sony would do the logical thing and start releasing some of their older exclusives for free or on ps plus. I bet they would be able to sell a few PS3 before they switch their focus to PS4 for good.

The third DLC should revive some interest on this game, problem is players leaving this game are more than new players.

Hopefully the final DLC can keep the current players playing longer, some returning to play and some new ones joining. How is this the last nail to the coffin? After the third DLC, they can release the game for PS Plus.

More PS4 games are releasing this year as compared to last year, more PS players will be switching over to PS4 games, this is definite.

Many people getting their PS3? Are you sure? I have only heard about Xbox players getting PS4 (rather than Xbox One) but I haven't heard anyone saying they're buying a PS3 (ever since the release of PS4/Xbox One).

And a lot of people who bought their PS3 last year bought it for TLOU and FYI these are the older players who either left the game around Patch 1.06 due to the patch, switching over to PS4 games and obviously other reasons.

I truly believe that the player pool is falling everyday.

After March, there will be so many reasons to stop playing this game, but only a handful to keep playing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 31 of 36 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2014

I am optimistic but i also speak out of experience, i know that alot of people feels the same way i feel about this game. People have been waiting for a 3rd person shooter like this since socom 2. I believe there is a core of players on this game that will continue to play this game on and off untill Tlou2 will be released on the ps4 (if it ever happens) and it willSmiley Wink The gameplay on Tlou is so unique and so well made and to be honest i doubt you will see anything like it on any console for a while.

Also let me add that there are still millions of ps3 users who wont get a ps4 untill it drops in prize. And new players will continue to jump into this game over the next years so don`t worry about if the player pool is falling like i said. It`s true though,it is falling but it fills up again and people will come back after they finish darksouls2, metal gear or whatever. This game is one of those games that never will die out. If you do a quick search on youtube people actually still play socom2 online today after 10 years same with counterstrike.

Im a big fan of this game i really am but at the same time im a gamer with 3 decades of experince and i know what makes a game special without sounding to cocky. 3rd person shooters like The Last Of Us are very unique, you will not see it again untill the next tlou comes out in probably 3 years. There are other games that will come out for the ps4 that will have better graphics and better physics but it will have a hard time to beat the gameplay in tlou. The order 1886 and the division might be good canditates though and probably uncharted 4 even though im not that big fan of the uncharted mp.

My guess is as soon as uncharted 4 comes out then you will start to really feel that the player pool is falling because there are alot of uncharted fans playing tlou but still there will be thousands playing the last of us even then.

Sorry about the big text of wall and any missspells, writing this on my phone.

Message 32 of 36 (170 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2014

This game should be much more populated than it is. But it's not. No advertising for the MP hurt. Paid DLC maps for a tiny player base hurts too. Add in the fact that noobies are just thrown to the wolves without a quick tutorial level or bot mode or anything is not good either. They go running back to CoD and BF as fast as they can. It's doomed to be an elitists-only game very soon.

solutions:

-Make previous DLC maps free to everyone asap

-Do a big discount for PS+ members

-Make a super loadout only available to players in their first week only (20 load out points, put all the best sh!t in it)

Maybe this will bring the player count consistently above 15k "daily players". This 5-10k is not working. Brazilians and Japanese abound. Ruining my experience. More players mean more chances at good lobbies. 

Message 33 of 36 (132 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Mar 14, 2014

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

-Make a super loadout only available to players in their first week only (20 load out points, put all the best sh!t in it)

inb4alts Smiley Very Happy

Message 34 of 36 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Mar 14, 2014
7 matches only before it goes away. I can live with the consequences.
Message 35 of 36 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2014

MUHAHAHA

LET THE PLAYER POOL FALL!

Split the player base further, rip the flesh, salt the wound!

And all that is good shall be gone from the universe forever!

BWAHAHAHAA

Message 36 of 36 (93 Views)
0 Likes