Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 16 2013
By: SPUD_1231 First Son 3 posts

Playlist Mode

6 replies 140 views Edited Nov 16, 2013

First time poster here.

For the next patch I think it'd be great if there was just a random playlist mode.

This way you don't have to leave the group of players you are with to join Survivor or Supply Raid or Interrogation.

It could work two ways I think:

1. After the end of a game, the players are given the option of two modes to vote. Lets say they pick Survivor. Then you get the option of two maps to play as it is now.

2. After the end of a match, the two maps are shown and each map has it's own game mode. As an example. Downtown with Survivor or High School with Interrogation.

I'd be surprised if this hasn't been brought up yet but just in case it hasn't I'd like to get people opinions and hopefully if ye all think it's a good idea, Naughty Dog may include it in their next patch!

So thoughts anyone?

Message 1 of 7 (140 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6008 posts

Re: Playlist Mode

Nov 16, 2013

Even though I personally don't like playlist modes (why be forced to play something I don't enjoy between stuff I do enjoy) it doesn't seem neccesary and possibly a waste of assets since we only have 3 different modes to choose from.

photo Sniper.png
Message 2 of 7 (133 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1247 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2013

I would approve of this idea if Naughty Dog multiplayers didn't magically leave lobbies for you. I swear, the longest string of matches I've had in the same lobby (across U2, U3, and TLOU) has to be 4 matches.

And welcome to the forums!

Message 3 of 7 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1440 posts

Nov 16, 2013
I agree with Sanddude. Sometimes I just want to play Supply Raid or Interrogation, not anything else.

Now if ND added playlist as a game mode option, then that would be better.
Message 4 of 7 (120 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2013

Why do I have a feeling that by implementing this will encourage more black screen when loading match?

Some players literally hit PS button after the voting causing the entire match not able to start, the rest of the players staring at their frozen PS3.

I was on DLC playlist and 2 free maps came out, it was like The Dam and University or something and we were forced to pick one (obviously), then when voting was over, game loading, black screen black screen..I bet many players hit PS button to quit because they didn't want to play non DLC map and was "FORCED" to pick it. :smileyindifferent:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 5 of 7 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 17, 2013

If you don't like it you don't have to play it but the option will be there for you.

I usually find it a bit of a pain having to leave the mode and pick another mode which leads to a lot of waiting.

Message 6 of 7 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
244 posts

Nov 17, 2013

mrsjimmymare wrote:
Some players literally hit PS button after the voting causing the entire match not able to start, the rest of the players staring at their frozen PS3.

I was on DLC playlist and 2 free maps came out, it was like The Dam and University or something and we were forced to pick one (obviously), then when voting was over, game loading, black screen black screen..I bet many players hit PS button to quit because they didn't want to play non DLC map and was "FORCED" to pick it. :smileyindifferent:

I had a match where this happened... it took forever to load... and, in this case, it actually went through to the map (instead of the lobby), it was me vs. a team of 3 (more did join in... yet I think we still ended up getting kicked out later on).

I do feel that many players would drop out mid-vote if you had to choose...
 since most people stick to one mode over the others.

The infected as seen in TLOU Multiplayer:

Runners- Noobs
Stalkers- Covert Training 3 users
Clickers- Constant reloaders
Bloaters- People getting blown up by bombs
Message 7 of 7 (79 Views)
0 Likes