Wastelander
680 posts

Re: Please Fix team balancing

Sep 12, 2013
The numbers do MEAN something. Even if those numbers are not based on skill, they still represent the amount of experience said player has. Moreover, chances are much more likely that a team of high level players will wipe out a team of noobs in a match; Even if talent wise they are not up to par.

Whoever negates the fact that experience wise those players are highly outmatched thanks to a sub-par matchmaking system is overlooking a glaringly unfair scenario.
Message 11 of 17 (146 Views)
I Only Post Everything
890 posts

Sep 13, 2013
I know some players who suck and are above 50.
[Former Forum Tag Champion]
Adapt or perish!

*The L in alex is an i.

Message 12 of 17 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Sep 13, 2013
I agree. Haven't played a game in two weeks with even decently matched teams. Single digit teammates every time and I'm a level 170... This is in both party and no parties mode. I love this game but with the terrible matchmaking, team balancing, and the pity part welfare system, it's just not fun anymore. I end up on teams with multiple brand new players who are rushing around looking to steak kills. I end up with double digit downs, a handful of kills, and we lose.

On a related topic, the balancing also is giving poor players and teams all the parts and weapons still. I felt like pity parts were solved, but now it's more unbalanced and ridiculous than ever. My brother and I play together. Get two brand new players. Get a lead. The other team comes right back to us with 7 molotovs. Happened TWICE tonight alone. Two different games and groups. We are running crafter 3 and explosion 2 to counter it, but are only managing 1 Molotov combined? And they get melee weapons too. It's no longer about guns and strategy. It's who sucks the most. Get them some help. See what happens. I don't think naughty dog thought this out. These suck **bleep** are only playing this until November, don't cater to their sucking, they'll be on Call of Duty soon and I'll be done with it too because its just not a fun experience anymore. Why have to struggle and be frustrated while playing TERRIBLE and STUPID people?

Sad to say I'm trading for GTA if its not better by Tuesday.
Message 13 of 17 (135 Views)
Wastelander
680 posts

Sep 13, 2013
I know players that are above 100 and suck, so your point is alex? Right... since you've seen scenarios where high level people lose to lower level ones, that must mean that the matchmaking is fine!

Levels on this game are determined by EXPERIENCE. Considering that is the case, it is still unfair towards the new guys, even if they are above in terms of talent. Do I have to explain my point any further? Lol.

The ultimate fix for this problem would be if ND would've made an algorithm to gauge a player's actual skill and dictate how teams would match, but considering we don't have that, we have to deal with a system that has no regards for equality.
Message 14 of 17 (120 Views)
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Sep 13, 2013
This game has become about as used up as 60 year old woman who has been hooking since she was 15. I mean the really used up type where you could drive a Mac truck between her legs no problem. Same old maps, same old problems, same user complaints since day one.
Sadly just from this forum, I've come to learn that ND's other games all shared the same problems and annoyances that never got fixed. What a terrible company. Take the $60 I paid and shove it up ur **bleep**. Spawns, matchmaking, glitches, hacks, ALL sorts of inconsistencies attributed to lag (sure every MP has lag, but ur games have a special kind of annoying lag ND). I won't even begin to name the long distinguished list of lag related issues I've experienced first hand and read about.
This game is like a big terd I would drop, proud of and admire for a couple seconds, then flush it down the toilet, after all at the end of the day it's just a piece of crap.
Message 15 of 17 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Sep 14, 2013

I'm actually not that bad and end up first in my team most of the time. But I still end up loosing a lot of times.
I've also defeated teams with player >100 several times, but in the general picture it is still unbalanced.

The problem here isn't "experienced player being better", it's the fact that it's really frequent to get paired up with people LV 0-10 vs a whole enemy team of people beyond 80. Almost every other multiplayer game I have with some sort of level system does a good job of pairing up experienced player vs experienced players and new players vs new players. But this game has a tendence of pairing up a whole team of experienced players vs a whole team of new players, and that sucks.

Message 16 of 17 (80 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Sep 15, 2013

I know how you feel I went up agaisnt a whole team of level 100s+ and they all had flamethrowers and we got killed so easly, there was o skill involved at all.

Message 17 of 17 (68 Views)
0 Likes