Highlighted
Jul 13 2013
By: Soraphet Lombax Warrior 116 posts
Accepted Solution

Please Nerf Molotovs

379 replies 1581 views Edited Jul 13, 2013

An instant kill weapon easily made simply by visiting two or three supply boxes- I feel as if this weapon is too overpowered. When you see (and if they're camping, you may not even get a chance to react) their molotov, you're either instantly killed, you narrowly dodge it, or they don't throw it/miss. I feel like the supply boxeshould only give materials for molotovs if a player is doing exceptionally horrible. It's too easy to consistently make molotovs and get free kills on players without an actual challenge. I wouldn't suggest to change the nature of how they work, but rather how easily they're acquired in the first place.

With over 2000 executions, I feel that this is really my only gripe with the multiplayer. And maybe the frequent Covert 3 players I see everywhere, myself included.

sanddude20 wrote:
Maybe every game you have you run into 20 molotovs, who knows, but a smart team can easily counter that.
Message 1 of 380 (1,581 Views)
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Re: Please Nerf Molotovs

Jul 13, 2013
I think they are fine. Easy to dodge if you spot the guy throwing it at you. Just sprint to the side.
Message 2 of 380 (1,577 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 13, 2013
If the guy throwing them is a bad shot, of course it's easy to dodge.
sanddude20 wrote:
Maybe every game you have you run into 20 molotovs, who knows, but a smart team can easily counter that.
Message 3 of 380 (1,574 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6876 posts

Jul 13, 2013

If you aren't given materials to make a molotov, then you can't make a health kit, shiv, or modded weapon either...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 4 of 380 (1,560 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jul 13, 2013
I agree with splatteregg. Distance is also important for dodging cocktails
Message 5 of 380 (1,559 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1845 posts

Jul 13, 2013
It's nothing but molotovs now. The last game I swear to god I spent more time dodging bombs and molotovs than actually playing the game.
Killzone 2 userbar
Message 6 of 380 (1,552 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jul 13, 2013

"easily made by simply visiting two or three supply boxes"

...which is potentially triple and usually at least double the amount you need for most crafting items, and that's without considering that you're likely to extend that number if you want to craft a Shiv, upgrade your melee weapon, or make a Medkit.

And if you miss, it's gone. If you miss with your melee weapon, try again and it's an instant down. If you miss with your medkit... **bleep** are you on and can I have some?

Molotovs are pretty good, but they take careful aim and are slow-moving and easy to avoid. If your opponent can't see the Molotov coming and avoid it, then you deserve the kill anyway.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 7 of 380 (1,545 Views)
Wastelander
685 posts

Jul 13, 2013

I think they are fine (and I get killed by them all the time).

I'm not sure if ND has made an official statement but I believe TLOU is primarily intended to be a game of stealth.  If an opponent surprises me by successfully sneaking up on me...then by all means, let him have the kill.  If I try to go head to head with someone and they take me out with a Molotov, then again, more power to them.  Like all weapons in this game, everyone has an equal opportunity to acquire and use them.

Message 8 of 380 (1,542 Views)
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Jul 13, 2013

stop saying nerf nerf nerf idiots just stop ok? nothing needs nerf ok man if somebody in real life throw you a molotov will you live? no just tell me if he shoot you with a weapon u might live so its his nature like this so stop nerf nerf nerf like a ret@rd.

Message 9 of 380 (1,534 Views)
Sackboy
511 posts

Jul 13, 2013

Maybe they could cap it at 1 so its still as good now but people won't be able to spam it like they do

Message 10 of 380 (1,520 Views)
0 Likes