Shinra Executive
42149 posts

Re: Please Nerf Molotovs

Jul 15, 2013

Soraphet wrote:
I threw a molotov right on someone and he didn't die. Literally exploded on him. No lag involved. I suppose the good bit about it was he got downed from the first revolver shot I fired. Ridiculous nonetheless.

I remember throwing a molotov at a guy that was relatively close.  It missed him, smashed the ground and set me on fire Smiley Indifferent  Somehow, with him semi between me and the molotov, he avoided being set ablaze but I was within perfect distance (and yes, when it landed, it was behind him, not between us).  To this day, I wonder, "What the hell!?"

Molotovs seem random for me.  I remember running up to a guy for a melee kill and he had a molotov in his hand, I got the hit in and during the animation, somehow his molotov went off and he killed me in the process Smiley Indifferent

Message 91 of 380 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

So now we have people here that went from, and correct me if I'm wrong, nothing needs nerfing to the following needing nerfing:

Molotov
Bow
Semi Auto
Revolver
Military Sniper

What a bunch of **bleep** logic. I hate all you nerf everything idiots. The game is fine. It plays great. Leave it the **bleep** alone. tW this is directed at you. ND nailed the game perfect and your **bleep** is going to mess it up.

Message 92 of 380 (267 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 15, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

So now we have people here that went from, and correct me if I'm wrong, nothing needs nerfing to the following needing nerfing:

Molotov
Bow
Semi Auto
Revolver
Military Sniper

What a bunch of **bleep** logic. I hate all you nerf everything idiots. The game is fine. It plays great. Leave it the **bleep** alone. tW this is directed at you. ND nailed the game perfect and your **bleep** is going to mess it up.

>Revolver

Not op at all. Although it will always beat a 9mm when two players of equal skill duel. 

>Bow

The headshots are absolute bonkers. I was crouched behind a truck on Lakeside when someone vaulted over from the interior onto my side, and instantly shot me in the head. The semi wouldn't have done that automatically and the only other feasible weapon I can think of that would is the burst. Even the shorty isn't a one headshot down. Headshot bull**bleep** aside, I feel that it's okay except in the draw and damage of it. Right now it does the same damage regardless of range and the draw is only needed for longer distances.

>Molotov

Just read the 10 pages for your proof

>Military sniper

This is a tricky one. It's too expensive to be a common problem like the molotov, but I encountered my first rapid fire user of this weapon the other day. I also don't buy armor and it was a complete **bleep** to deal with that guy, as he'd just spray bullets at you.

sanddude20 wrote:
Maybe every game you have you run into 20 molotovs, who knows, but a smart team can easily counter that.
Message 93 of 380 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jul 15, 2013
The headshots with the bow don't come very often. The draw speed isn't an issue. It's not op.

Molotov are fine. They're not unstoppable even with EE2. They aren't op.

The military sniper has super low ammo, is expensive to use (especially after the first rounds), has a gleam like all snipers, and isn't unstoppable. Hell it doesn't even give headshots like crazy as some people claim.

If you don't buy armor then that's your problem.
Message 94 of 380 (251 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Jul 15, 2013

I'd like to see all the guns/bows and explosives nerfed. So far I've been killed by every single weapon in the game and as such would like them removed completely.

It's just infuriating when I'm just wandering around minding my own business when some rapscallion hits me in the head with an arrow or plunges a shiv into my neck. I'm just enjoying my day taking in the limpid pools of the dam, getting some shopping in at the local check-point or making a snowman outside my lakeside hotel when my day is just ruined my young whippersnappers running around trying to kill each other.

I suggest that instead of shooting/blowing up the opposing team you must sprint towards each other and upon meeting in the middle of the map you shake hands and maybe talk sports and have a beer, maybe come in fancy dress one time or invite your girlfriends for a bit of a get-together. It may be the apocalypse but there's no reason why we can't act civilised. 

Message 95 of 380 (249 Views)
Splicer
45 posts

Jul 15, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

Molotov
Bow
Semi Auto
Revolver
Military Sniper

Totally agree with this.   The only reason ppl want stuff nerfing is because they keep getting killed by whatever they want nerfing.  

Plse ND - leave the game as is.  It plays great. 

Message 96 of 380 (245 Views)
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Jul 15, 2013

ade0410 wrote:

Totally agree with this.   The only reason ppl want stuff nerfing is because they keep getting killed by whatever they want nerfing.  

Plse ND - leave the game as is.  It plays great. 

Right because it's impossible that there are actual imbalances in TLOU MP. You heard it here first folks, if you raise legitimate issues with something it's only because you are exercising a personal issue with it. Brilliant! Smiley Very Happy

Message 97 of 380 (231 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
304 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

Soraphet wrote:

An instant kill weapon easily made simply by visiting two or three supply boxes- I feel as if this weapon is too overpowered. When you see (and if they're camping, you may not even get a chance to react) their molotov, you're either instantly killed, you narrowly dodge it, or they don't throw it/miss. I feel like the supply boxeshould only give materials for molotovs if a player is doing exceptionally horrible. It's too easy to consistently make molotovs and get free kills on players without an actual challenge. I wouldn't suggest to change the nature of how they work, but rather how easily they're acquired in the first place.

With over 2000 executions, I feel that this is really my only gripe with the multiplayer. And maybe the frequent Covert 3 players I see everywhere, myself included.

I also die a lot of them. But they're fine. Be cautios and evade them by sprinting. I also recognized an increase in usage over the last week though

Message 98 of 380 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 15, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
The headshots with the bow don't come very often. The draw speed isn't an issue. It's not op.
I didn't say draw speed was a factor. I said that right now there is nothing stopping you from rapid firing the bow instead of drawing all the way back. The only time you need to draw back all the way is for range. It should account for damage too. I use the bow as well and the headshots I get with it always make me smile at how ridiculous it was.
Molotov are fine. They're not unstoppable even with EE2. They aren't op.
150% range with EE2, you're obviously not paying attention to anything.
The military sniper has super low ammo, is expensive to use (especially after the first rounds), has a gleam like all snipers, and isn't unstoppable. Hell it doesn't even give headshots like crazy as some people claim.
Yes, except when you account for free ammo from being the last one alive, the purchase cost is mostly irrelevant. Is the gleam supposed to be a drawback? Lol. I never claimed it gave headshots. It's a semi-automatic sniper rifle whose only competitor is the hunting rifle.
If you don't buy armor then that's your problem.

Replies in bold. Were you planning on being constructive or just **bleep** at people with legitimate complaints?

sanddude20 wrote:
Maybe every game you have you run into 20 molotovs, who knows, but a smart team can easily counter that.
Message 99 of 380 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 15, 2013
At least tripleWRECK has some sense.
sanddude20 wrote:
Message 100 of 380 (216 Views)
0 Likes