Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Re: Please Nerf Molotovs

Jul 13, 2013

Soraphet wrote:

An instant kill weapon easily made simply by visiting two or three supply boxes- I feel as if this weapon is too overpowered. When you see (and if they're camping, you may not even get a chance to react) their molotov, you're either instantly killed, you narrowly dodge it, or they don't throw it/miss. I feel like the supply boxeshould only give materials for molotovs if a player is doing exceptionally horrible. It's too easy to consistently make molotovs and get free kills on players without an actual challenge. I wouldn't suggest to change the nature of how they work, but rather how easily they're acquired in the first place.

With over 2000 executions, I feel that this is really my only gripe with the multiplayer. And maybe the frequent Covert 3 players I see everywhere, myself included.

You people asking for nerfs eiither need to stop playing or shut up and adapt. It is a flame bomb it should kill you instantly. Either run away from a person with a molotov or run towards them to force them to hit you on the move. Nothing is overpowered, everthing has its strengths and weakness. 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 380 (333 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 13, 2013

Matherios wrote:

stop saying nerf nerf nerf idiots just stop ok? nothing needs nerf ok man if somebody in real life throw you a molotov will you live? no just tell me if he shoot you with a weapon u might live so its his nature like this so stop nerf nerf nerf like a ret@rd.

How's your negative k/d working out for you? This isn't supposed to be a realism simulator.

"...which is potentially triple and usually at least double the amount you need for most crafting items, and that's without considering that you're likely to extend that number if you want to craft a Shiv, upgrade your melee weapon, or make a Medkit."

At best you're looking at one of each item. Med kits are a dime a dozen because each spawn has access to minimum number of 3. shivs are not necessary and covert 1 userspawn with them anyway. Upgraded melee weapons? Machetes only need it the one time. Otherwise a 2x4 is fairly rare in the middle box after the first few rounds.

Apparently none of these kids have experienced a competent player who has a molotov or two.

sanddude20 wrote:
Maybe every game you have you run into 20 molotovs, who knows, but a smart team can easily counter that.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 380 (332 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5397 posts

Jul 13, 2013

If anything is capped at one, then that will just bring an abundance of other items. The crafting system is balanced with every item sharing crafting materials with another and the stronger ones requireing 3 materials instead of 2.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 380 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 13, 2013

devonjames-25_ wrote:

You people asking for nerfs eiither need to stop playing or shut up and adapt. It is a flame bomb it should kill you instantly. Either run away from a person with a molotov or run towards them to force them to hit you on the move. Nothing is overpowered, everthing has its strengths and weakness. 

"People"? Don't lump me in their lot. My 3.24 kdr is increasing and doing just fine regardless of molotovs. My entire point about molotovs is that it ignores all skill between both parties, and is an instant kill. If a flame bomb kills me instantly, why does an explosive armed to the teeth with painful sharp objects not kill me instantly? M-muh realism. I shouldn't have to place two mines next to each other for an instant kill+execution.

sanddude20 wrote:
Maybe every game you have you run into 20 molotovs, who knows, but a smart team can easily counter that.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 380 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Re: Please Nerf Molotov

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

Makes more sense to allow an an abundance of med kits than molotovs (would people rather have that or have ND nerf them to hell?)  

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 380 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Re: Please Nerf Molotov

Jul 13, 2013
Med kits are already in abundance.
sanddude20 wrote:
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 380 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Jul 13, 2013

AnArmyOfOne wrote:

Maybe they could cap it at 1 so its still as good now but people won't be able to spam it like they do

The only way to spam it is if a teammate had crafter 2/3. The is an advantage of using crafter is that your teammates have more bombs. Asking to put a cap on it would not be fair to the people who take the time to gather supplies and have the crafter booster. 

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 380 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

If you're a Crafter or a Meleer, you're encouraged to not craft many molos. I think it is fine the way it is. I actually am a terrible shot with them. Miss'em quite a lot :smileyhappy:

If anything, they're likely to get more powerful. A Dev has said that molos should completely ignore. Sometimes they don't and that is a bug.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 380 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 13, 2013
Ignore what? It's a one shot kill through armor
sanddude20 wrote:
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 380 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Jul 13, 2013

It's gonna be funny when they nerf them and people start to **bleep** about that. Wish people would come up with solutions instead of just saying, "They're fine, don't nerf them". If this many people have a problem with them, maybe they are a problem, so start thinking of ways to actually fix it.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 380 (300 Views)
0 Likes