Treasure Hunter
4348 posts

Re: Please Nerf Molotovs

Jul 13, 2013

Soraphet wrote:
Cute statement. Feel free to keep living your reality of molotovs being okay and not broken in their current state

*Chortle!* Before making statements about people's opinions, maybe take the time to read what their opinions are before making an idiot of yourself Smiley Very Happy

Message 41 of 380 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 13, 2013
>emotion within asterisks
Only thing this forum is missing is a filter option
sanddude20 wrote:
Maybe every game you have you run into 20 molotovs, who knows, but a smart team can easily counter that.
Message 42 of 380 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Jul 13, 2013

Soraphet wrote:

devonjames-25_ wrote:

Soraphet wrote:
That's great. Complaining about complainers when the molotov complaint is an actual one. What's your k/d devon?
First, you need to go back to COD if since you love k/d so much. Mine is a 1.6 in supply raid and 2.3 in survivors so I'm not a scrub because I usually win most of the matches I'm in. Second, molotovs do have their issues but nerfing them won't solve the armor vs flame bug and the lag that occurs when throwing it. Putting a limit cap on the molotovs apperance rate won't solve the technical issues, so maybe we should focus on that then saying that they need to be nerfed. Robot tongue

K/d is a measure of skill, why are you so defensive about it? Like it or not, I prefer to know I'm talking to a somewhat decent player rather than a negative **bleep**ter I can ignore.

I'm not even suggesting a limit or the technical issues. Are you really this dense? This is about molotovs being op, which they are, and how to fix it. Technical problems with them are irrelevant

Cause you can be a kill stealer and could end a match 15-2 with only 3 downs. I've seen a player go 12-5 with 0 downs the whole match. It is a measure of skill to a certain degree, but not completely. Molotovs are strong, but everything in this game is strong if its in the right hands. Molotovs are a easy way to get kills and in the story they were just as strong as well. But, they came with the price of not being able to craft a med-kit. If you really want to solve the molotov apperance rate, then the number of health kits on the map should be reduced so we have to craft them. Then, players wouldn't be so eager to craft them. That way molotovs don't have to be nerfed in any way and you see them less. Happy yet? 

Message 43 of 380 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 13, 2013
Exactly. The molotov is strong in everyone's hands. About the kdr, you have a point. But I have 2000+ executions so that does not apply to me.
stop listing the loss of a medkit like it's major to anyone but crafter 3's
sanddude20 wrote:
Maybe every game you have you run into 20 molotovs, who knows, but a smart team can easily counter that.
Message 44 of 380 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
272 posts

Jul 13, 2013

I just wish they weren't improved by Explosive Expert. When EE2 is combined with lag, there's no escaping these things.

Message 45 of 380 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Jul 13, 2013

What gamemode do you play? I am sick of people complaining about molotovs and not saying what gamemode they play. 

Message 46 of 380 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 13, 2013
survivor, the only game type worth playing
sanddude20 wrote:
Message 47 of 380 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Jul 13, 2013

ScarecrowsFate wrote:

I just wish they weren't improved by Explosive Expert. When EE2 is combined with lag, there's no escaping these things.

If anything should be changed, it is this. 

Message 48 of 380 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Jul 13, 2013

I would say just make explosive expert for the nail bombs and not molotovs. I do not mind the molotovs because it is equal playing ground. Both teams can make molotovs. 

Message 49 of 380 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jul 13, 2013

Soraphet wrote:
Obliviondoll, that has no bearing on the situation. You think you're going to have time to shoot an object in a guy's hand if, when released, is an instant kill?

So as soon as he lets go of the Molotov, while it's not only still in the air, but close enough to the enemy that when you shoot it, it's going to kill him and not you, it's too late for your destruction of his weapon to matter? And being able to blow it up at any point before it reaches you and not die also doesn't matter?

If we're just arbitrarily disregarding whatever we feel like because it's "not relevant", then the amount of damage the Molotov deals is also totally irrelevant, and your argument is invalid.

But unlike you, I'm actually treating this as a discussion about balance, and providing you with logical reasons why the Molotov ISN'T an unbeatable instant-kill weapon any more than the Shiv. It's easier to get a shiv than a Molotov, and the only counter to the shiv is staying at a distance. You can - as you mentioned when I previously brought it up - spawn with a Shiv using Covert Training, then craft a Smoke Bomb (which is much easier and faster to get than a Molotov, usually available on your first crate), and have an instant kill with no chance of revival. The only way to counter it is to be alert and get away from the Smoke radius before detonation, or to have someone watching your back, and even then it's possible to get shived by a good player. And even without the Smoke Bomb, if the other guy is stealthy and good enough to get behind you, you're gone. And unlike the Molotov, where a not-quite-direct hit can be saved by armour, the shiv is just instant death whenever it's used. If you get caught by the fringe of a Molotov blast, you're not guaranteed to die. If you're just barely in the arc where someone can shiv you, goodbye.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 50 of 380 (160 Views)
0 Likes