Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
385 posts

Re: Please Nerf Molotovs

Jul 13, 2013

monkeybutler100 wrote:
Yeah it's easy to dodge molotovs when they're thrown one after the other with explosive expert two.

Riiiigght........... :-D

If they're being thrown one after the other, that means the player has stockpiled them. Which means they've been NOT using Molotovs for long enough to accumulate more than one.

And if they rapid-throw more than 3, that's almost certainly down to cheating/glitches, because you can't carry that many at once.

If someone's willing to risk not using a Molotov in a situation where it would benefit them, on the off chance that having two later will be more useful, then good luck to them. If they die in Survivors, they wasted a good opportunity in the hope of a better one that never came.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 51 of 380 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 13, 2013
Lol, you're really believing that the molotov is balanced because of a half second to a second of time you have to shoot and react to it. Not even counting the ones that camp behind low cover so you can't even see such a thing.

The shiv is also not an instant death. If a teammate downs the guy with the shiv before you actually die, you can avoid death altogether and resume the match
sanddude20 wrote:
Maybe every game you have you run into 20 molotovs, who knows, but a smart team can easily counter that.
Message 52 of 380 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
416 posts

Jul 13, 2013

The molotov is fine STOP crying.

Message 53 of 380 (202 Views)
Sackboy
385 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

Soraphet wrote:
Lol, you're really believing that the molotov is balanced because of a half second to a second of time you have to shoot and react to it. Not even counting the ones that camp behind low cover so you can't even see such a thing.

The shiv is also not an instant death. If a teammate downs the guy with the shiv before you actually die, you can avoid death altogether and resume the match

For the majority of players, it takes at least half a second to line up the Molotov throw, so counting that AND the full second AT LEAST that you'll have if the thrower isn't already on top of you, I think you have plenty of time to line up a shot if you want to. Add in another half-second for many situations because people don't usually walk around with Molotovs in hand because they light you up like a christmas tree.

The shiv is more of an instant kill than the Molotov by your own argument. One hit from any non-melee weapon, and the Molotov has been countered. You have to DOWN the player with the shiv before it's interrupted, and the animation is a LOT shorter than the time you have to hit a flying Molotov at any kind of range.

If an enemy gets close enough to kill you with a Molotov, and you don't know where they are, that was poor play by you, or better play by them, and your best bet is to simply hope they don't have one, because if they do, you get punished for your screw-up. If they get close enough to use a Molotov and manage to pull it out, throw it, and have it land close enough to kill you, while you're watching them do it, before you can do anything to stop them, they were better prepared for the situation than you were. That's not the game's fault, and it's not a balance flaw. It's your own mistake contributing to your own death.

----V^^^V----
Message 54 of 380 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 13, 2013
>if you can't shoot a moving projectile in the air then you deserve to die
>if you can't have the psychic knowledge to know at all times where the enemy is and if they have molotovs or not, you deserve to die
My sides. This guy is like a cut and paste straight from my random teammates.
sanddude20 wrote:
Maybe every game you have you run into 20 molotovs, who knows, but a smart team can easily counter that.
Message 55 of 380 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jul 13, 2013

Soraphet wrote:
>if you can't shoot a moving projectile in the air then you deserve to die
>if you can't have the psychic knowledge to know at all times where the enemy is and if they have molotovs or not, you deserve to die
My sides. This guy is like a cut and paste straight from my random teammates.

If you can't shoot a projectile in an enemy's hand OR down the guy planning to throw it in the probable FULL SECOND the game gives you to do so, you deserve to die, yes. And if you missed your chance then ALSO fail to hit the slowest-moving projectile in the game in mid-air, then you deserve to die.

If you don't pay enough attention to know where your enemies are, and aren't sticking with teammates who can watch your back, then your enemy deserves to have a reasonable chance of one-shotting you if they happen to have come into the fight better-prepared than you are, and have also managed to avoid being seen long enough to get WELL within the effective range of the majority of weapons. You DO remember that you can literally SEE PEOPLE THROUGH WALLS in this game, right?

----V^^^V----
Message 56 of 380 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 13, 2013
Lol
sanddude20 wrote:
Message 57 of 380 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Jul 13, 2013
What time do you mostly play Soraphet, i want to tarnish your majestic K/D

With my molotovs.
"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Message 58 of 380 (158 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jul 13, 2013

How to fix molotovs:

- Do not increase their radius of explosion with Explosive Expert.

This game turned into "molotov dodgeball" right after Explosive Expert 2 was patched in. 

Good teams have figured out running Crafter 3 + EE2 turns this game into one big clusterf*ck. In my opinion, the game was better without EE2 in the game.

Of course people love their crutches. I suspect all the people who say "molotovs are fine" are the ones abusing it the hardest.

Message 59 of 380 (148 Views)
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jul 13, 2013
Yesterday I threw a Molotov at 4 enemies (they were all healing eachother). It hit the guys head and none of them died.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 60 of 380 (146 Views)
0 Likes