Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/06/2011
Offline
3921 posts
 

Re: Please Nerf Molotovs

Jul 13, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

How to fix molotovs:

- Do not increase their radius of explosion with Explosive Expert.

This game turned into "molotov dodgeball" right after Explosive Expert 2 was patched in. 

Good teams have figured out running Crafter 3 + EE2 turns this game into one big clusterf*ck. In my opinion, the game was better without EE2 in the game.

Of course people love their crutches. I suspect all the people who say "molotovs are fine" are the ones abusing it the hardest.


I think i love you, cdub420-- :heart:

 

:smileywink:

Message 61 of 380 (231 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/15/2011
Offline
124 posts
 

Re: Please Nerf Molotovs

Jul 13, 2013

thread is already too long to read the back and forth, but i can guess.  I'm almost completely certain that some squeaky wheels in the forums will have little effect on game changes compared to analytics.  

 

If you were ND, which would you rather listen to?  Someone who may (or may not) have a good point about a proposed game change

OR

the welath of stats they must be collecting for each game mode, map, weapon type, locations, etc.  

 

I'm not saying they dont listen or care, but if they took every suggestion in this forum (or even 10% of them), the game would be bleeping broken and dumb.  as it stands it's really good.

Message 62 of 380 (224 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3236 posts
 

Re: Please Nerf Molotovs

Jul 13, 2013

thesuzukimethod wrote:

thread is already too long to read the back and forth, but i can guess.  I'm almost completely certain that some squeaky wheels in the forums will have little effect on game changes compared to analytics.  

 

If you were ND, which would you rather listen to?  Someone who may (or may not) have a good point about a proposed game change

OR

the welath of stats they must be collecting for each game mode, map, weapon type, locations, etc.  

 

I'm not saying they dont listen or care, but if they took every suggestion in this forum (or even 10% of them), the game would be bleeping broken and dumb.  as it stands it's really good.


Balancing based primarily on statistics is flawed though. Player feedback (particularly from those with high experience) is far more important.

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 63 of 380 (210 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
16348 posts
 

Re: Please Nerf Molotovs

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

thesuzukimethod wrote:

thread is already too long to read the back and forth, but i can guess.  I'm almost completely certain that some squeaky wheels in the forums will have little effect on game changes compared to analytics.  

 

If you were ND, which would you rather listen to?  Someone who may (or may not) have a good point about a proposed game change

OR

the welath of stats they must be collecting for each game mode, map, weapon type, locations, etc.  

 

I'm not saying they dont listen or care, but if they took every suggestion in this forum (or even 10% of them), the game would be bleeping broken and dumb.  as it stands it's really good.


Balancing based primarily on statistics is flawed though. Player feedback (particularly from those with high experience) is far more important.


Right, but if the anecdotal evidence from experienced players is that they're dying 50% of the time from them, but the numbers show, player base wide, that molotovs account for only 15% of all kills, then it's not systemic, it's institutional: great players can only really be killed with one shot weapons.

 

And that would NOT indicate a need for a change.

 

There were plenty of so-called experienced players shouting as loud as everyone else for the nerfs that destroyed Uncharted's integrity.

 

What we really need is for the kill and use numbers to go public so experienced players can make assessments on that, too.  Because the better players' ability obviates their reasoning on a lot of issues that would affect the dribbling masses.




The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.


Message 64 of 380 (204 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/17/2010
Offline
116 posts
 

Re: Please Nerf Molotovs

Jul 13, 2013
Of course the main reason for starting this thread is because of exactly that. It's the only one shot kill weapon that is far too common and can be buffed with a ridiculous perk that, if I read correctly, has it's effective range multiplied by 125% with EE2. While yes, it's a weapon against mvps like me and that other guy, it's also just too common now.
sanddude20 wrote:
Maybe every game you have you run into 20 molotovs, who knows, but a smart team can easily counter that.
Message 65 of 380 (195 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
16348 posts
 

Re: Please Nerf Molotovs

Jul 13, 2013

Soraphet wrote:
Of course the main reason for starting this thread is because of exactly that. It's the only one shot kill weapon that is far too common and can be buffed with a ridiculous perk that, if I read correctly, has it's effective range multiplied by 125% with EE2. While yes, it's a weapon against mvps like me and that other guy, it's also just too common now.

150 % with EE2.




The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.


Message 66 of 380 (188 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/11/2008
Offline
4836 posts
 

Re: Please Nerf Molotovs

Jul 13, 2013

The amount of nerf threads in this forum is too **bleep** HIGH.




Message 67 of 380 (180 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
13775 posts
 

Re: Please Nerf Molotovs

Jul 14, 2013

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

The amount of nerf threads in this forum is too **bleep** HIGH.


or the amount of people who see nothing wrong with the game is low.

 

Could actually look at it that way.



Message 68 of 380 (143 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 01/08/2010
Offline
16348 posts
 

Re: Please Nerf Molotovs

Jul 14, 2013

Just for all the Molotov haters, I played a few matches with EE2 on and waited until I had triple Molotovs, then went looking for a two or three man enemy group and flambeed them.

 

Counting down until they show up here... 5, 4, 3, 2...




The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.


Message 69 of 380 (141 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 11/24/2011
Offline
11233 posts
 

Re: Please Nerf Molotovs

Jul 14, 2013
Killed by molotov.

NERF EET!!!!oneone :smileymad:

...

Message 70 of 380 (129 Views)
Reply
0 Likes