Wastelander
573 posts

Re: Please Nerf Molotovs

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

An enemy threw 3 molotovs at me, but apparently had bad aim because none of them kill me. I had 50% health left. o.o
Also, he was on the losing team.

YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 81 of 380 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 15, 2013
I threw a molotov right on someone and he didn't die. Literally exploded on him. No lag involved. I suppose the good bit about it was he got downed from the first revolver shot I fired. Ridiculous nonetheless.
sanddude20 wrote:
Maybe every game you have you run into 20 molotovs, who knows, but a smart team can easily counter that.
Message 82 of 380 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Peasant_- wrote:

Soraphet wrote:

An instant kill weapon easily made simply by visiting two or three supply boxes- I feel as if this weapon is too overpowered. When you see (and if they're camping, you may not even get a chance to react) their molotov, you're either instantly killed, you narrowly dodge it, or they don't throw it/miss.

So you basically just listed every possible thing that can happen when a molotov is thrown as evidence that they are OP. Right... 

What does that have to do with anything? I didn't present it as evidence. It's either those three things. More often than not, when you see it, you are within range- and are either going to be dead or barely alive in a few seconds (unless you are John Marston and use dead eye to shoot the molotov in his hands like some moron suggested earlier). I've had rounds where I see 3+ molotovs on the enemy team alone- thrown at me no less. It's too much of an absolute weapon compared to anything else. Even the upgraded 2x4 is an instant down- not an execution, although it usually follows up with one. For bombs, I have to either camp it to execute, or put a second one next to it. It also doesn't help that in the first round of every game, you are guaranteed the materials to craft a molotov for visiting three boxes. 

sanddude20 wrote:
Maybe every game you have you run into 20 molotovs, who knows, but a smart team can easily counter that.
Message 83 of 380 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6805 posts

Jul 15, 2013

you're guaranteed materials to craft like everything at least once (though not all together since they share supplies) if you go to 3 supply caches... not really a sign of imbalance...

Feet
Message 84 of 380 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Jul 15, 2013

I get hit with Molotovs all the time and I swear it's like I spawn covered in gasoline.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 85 of 380 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Yes. Molotov should down the enemies not execute them. Overpowered!

Message 86 of 380 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

Soraphet wrote:

Peasant_- wrote:

Soraphet wrote:

An instant kill weapon easily made simply by visiting two or three supply boxes- I feel as if this weapon is too overpowered. When you see (and if they're camping, you may not even get a chance to react) their molotov, you're either instantly killed, you narrowly dodge it, or they don't throw it/miss.

So you basically just listed every possible thing that can happen when a molotov is thrown as evidence that they are OP. Right... 

What does that have to do with anything? I didn't present it as evidence. It's either those three things. More often than not, when you see it, you are within range- and are either going to be dead or barely alive in a few seconds (unless you are John Marston and use dead eye to shoot the molotov in his hands like some moron suggested earlier). I've had rounds where I see 3+ molotovs on the enemy team alone- thrown at me no less. It's too much of an absolute weapon compared to anything else. Even the upgraded 2x4 is an instant down- not an execution, although it usually follows up with one. For bombs, I have to either camp it to execute, or put a second one next to it. It also doesn't help that in the first round of every game, you are guaranteed the materials to craft a molotov for visiting three boxes. 

Well, the fact that you die instantly, get hurt, or don't get hit at all when someone has a molotov... I just don't understand why you wrote that at all, yeah that's what happens. If that's not the evidence then your post is nothing more than you claiming they're OP, which I can't really respond to, because I don't think they are. More has probably been said in 9 pages, but I'm just going off your first post. 

The AoE and throw distance of molotovs is just not really that good. Unless you are camping, they catch you off guard, or are REALLY close, they really are not that hard to dodge, especially seeing as you only get 1 (maybe, and at the cost of other items at that). If you feel there's too many of them I'd say that's more likely due to things like the whole enemy team running Crafter 3 and the entire match turning into an bombfest, not really the molotov's fault (and, I think, a seperate issue). 

The problems I do have with molotovs are the annoying inconsisencies due to lag, and the fact that I don't know whether the enemy has Explosion Expert 1 or 2 (which seems to be the difference between absorbing molotovs to the face and having to evacuate the entire map). 

Message 87 of 380 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

Soraphet wrote:

Even the upgraded 2x4 is an instant down- not an execution, although it usually follows up with one. For bombs, I have to either camp it to execute, or put a second one next to it. It also doesn't help that in the first round of every game, you are guaranteed the materials to craft a molotov for visiting three boxes. 

Maybe changing molotovs to do some initial damage + damage over time, with an instant execution only in the case of a direct hit would make them more interesting and more counterable, still not really OP as they are though. 

Message 88 of 380 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Jul 15, 2013

when you see the fire run for hell HAHAH. it doesnt need any nerfing, Nothing does.

Kevin Butler = My Mind Blown

Message 89 of 380 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3652 posts

Jul 15, 2013
Sounds like a lot of people complaining here arent old enough to even own this title.
Some thing in the game is going to kill you, deal with it.
I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 90 of 380 (109 Views)