Jul 03 2013
By: TwistedAvenger Uncharted Territory 1622 posts

Please change the attacks.

9 replies 178 views Edited Jul 3, 2013
Ok so I decided to take shiv executions and get all 5 but still go from 109 survivors to 87. The way this system works just isn't fair. My suggestion for this would be to add another level, example: 5 shivs was the max I needed and you still lose 20% of your clan. Add a higher one say like 7-8 shivs and if you hit this mark you lose none it would still be hard but still give you a chance to save your clan.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Please change the attacks.

Jul 3, 2013
There's some missions that give you 10% too. I mean, it makes the game challenging. Or else some good players will continue gaining survivors and never lose any. Meh, I don't see a problem with it. You only have 12 weeks anyways
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jul 3, 2013
Honestly I don't think you should have to put in all the work you do just to be as punished as severely as you are in some cases. I thought about the ones that gain you people as well, I think they could just make those ones a bit more difficult to the lose ones (I know that sounds crazy). I think that would work though because if you wanted that increase in survivors you would really have to work for it.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Jul 3, 2013
I like how hard it is to do the 100% tasks. It does add some pressure onto games. it makes it harder to survive so adds to the overall feeling of the game.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013
I don't mind that there hard, but I do think you should have the chance to save your clan rather then losing some no matter what.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
529 posts

Jul 3, 2013

The problem isn't how hard it is to complete them, but that no matter how well you do, you will still lose 20% of your clan.

Even that in itself isn't the major problem, it's how many you can get. I had a run of endless repeated 20% loss missions, no missions that boosted size, just one after the other of 'sod you mate, we're having your clan'. I completed every oneof the eight mission objectives, but in no way could I gain enough supplies to replace what the game was forcing me to lose.

It makes the meta-game simply not fun for me, as I'm sure it does for others.

'Rock is OP, paper is fine as it is': Scissors

Click This! ---> Youtube
Don't click this! --> Blog
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (126 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1183 posts

Jul 3, 2013

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Honestly I don't think you should have to put in all the work you do just to be as punished as severely as you are in some cases. I thought about the ones that gain you people as well, I think they could just make those ones a bit more difficult to the lose ones (I know that sounds crazy). I think that would work though because if you wanted that increase in survivors you would really have to work for it.

That is the whole point though. You need to remember that is part of the story line. You are place in a very dark grim setting. The world has gone to **bleep**. And the fact that no matter HOW hard you try those efforts are just sometimes not enough. Just like the real world.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Jul 3, 2013
Ok look I understand that the game wants to be as realistic as I possibly can and I truly like that, but can you honestly say that realistically in a situation like in the game that people would die no matter what? I don't believe that it's realistic to say that there wouldn't even be a chance no matter how slim that you couldn't save every one. I fully acknowledge that the possibility of that would be slim and hard to do but I don't think impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013
Also if we need to dive further into the realism thing I don't think it's realistic that you would only have enough weapons for 1-4 people out of say 100, and only able to get supplies from a pre-determined location out of only little boxes scattered around and off dead bodies. At the end off the day the realism argument can pretty much go for and against how you look at the game pretty equally.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Jul 3, 2013

I think ND want to keep it a scrabble for supplies, to make it hard work so that you fight hard for the supplies, so that not everyone is running around “maxed out” in skull masks. This way it keeps you playing, Keeps the feeling of the single player game and makes its so that their appears to be a true element of risk.   

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (77 Views)
0 Likes