Aug 14 2013
By: YellowHamma13 Splicer 90 posts

Please share your "Welfare System" "pity parts" "handicapping" examples or nightmares.

37 replies 585 views Edited Aug 14, 2013
It seems people don't believe the severity of the advantage the losing team is often given by the handicapping system. I would like to start a log of examples so we can compare stories. I see daily examples of games turned around or made difficult because of a lack of parts for the winning team while loses get massive amounts.
Message 1 of 38 (585 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Re: Please share your "Welfare System" "pity parts" "handicapping" exa

Aug 14, 2013

Doesn't it kick in for the lower parts players on the winning team too?

Message 2 of 38 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Aug 14, 2013
Not as frequently but yes sometimes. In my experience, the weaker players who get this on my team use their stuff to throw at my downs. It also takes away all of my parts except for 1 tied per bin.
Message 3 of 38 (574 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Aug 14, 2013
Just played on High School. My team is losing but I'm doing ok. I counted 5 molotovs from two players. Same guy threw 3 then double bombs in less than a minute. No parts bins. We had just regained the lead and they spawned immediately on top of us with a rain of fire. That's all I could count before I left, I'm sure they had more as they hadn't killed me yet, just my teammates. We were punished for outflanking and outplaying them. . My team had one cumulative Molotov and it was a gift from crafter. This is the type of stuff I'm talking about. People think "it keeps folks from quitting", but I think more winning team participants are leaving games than any game I've ever seen.
Message 4 of 38 (562 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Aug 14, 2013

I still think the losing should get more supplies, but the winning should still get the normal amount cause it is not fair the way it is now. 

Message 5 of 38 (550 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3697 posts

Aug 14, 2013

YellowHamma13 wrote:
Just played on High School. My team is losing but I'm doing ok. I counted 5 molotovs from two players. Same guy threw 3 then double bombs in less than a minute. No parts bins. We had just regained the lead and they spawned immediately on top of us with a rain of fire. That's all I could count before I left, I'm sure they had more as they hadn't killed me yet, just my teammates. We were punished for outflanking and outplaying them. . My team had one cumulative Molotov and it was a gift from crafter. This is the type of stuff I'm talking about. People think "it keeps folks from quitting", but I think more winning team participants are leaving games than any game I've ever seen.

Yeah, its been pretty bad lately for what ever reason.

Last night we played a team that was giving us a good run.

We couldn't get toilet paper to wipe our arse's off out of the crates.

The other team hit us with more explosions than the 4th of July,  and the score was close.

Afterwards we asked them if they wore crafter and only one guy was.

Wow.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 6 of 38 (549 Views)
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Aug 14, 2013

Played several games, today, won most of them, some close matches, wins by 2-6 spawns or so.  None of them turned, had the lead from early on and evenbtually won each time.  Or had the lead, lsot it early, and never regained it.

System is perfectly fine.  Please don't change it.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 7 of 38 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3697 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2013

devonjames-25_ wrote:

I still think the losing should get more supplies, but the winning should still get the normal amount cause it is not fair the way it is now. 

I agree with this actually.

Giving the loosing team more supplies is one thing, but hindering the winning team from getting what would be normal supplies is complete B.S.

The thing is, being on both sides of this its so inconsistent.

I've been on the winning and got items but also been loosing and cant make anything.

I wish we knew more about how it actually works.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 8 of 38 (547 Views)
Splicer
90 posts

Aug 14, 2013
Correction: in talking to teammates, that was 4 bombs and 3 molotovs from 2 guys who just died and hit one bin. They still lost, but it was close and shouldn't have been. We had 2 guys die quickly, but took over and should have run them.
Message 9 of 38 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Aug 14, 2013
I too could stomach it if the winning team or good players were given something to work with. We do usually still win. I have no problem with dominating the opposing team. I find it odd to keep up with stats for kills and deaths when the game manufactures kills for poor players and deaths for good ones.
Message 10 of 38 (530 Views)
0 Likes