Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Re: Please share your "Welfare System" "pity parts" "handicapping" exa

Aug 14, 2013

scootgar wrote:

Played several games, today, won most of them, some close matches, wins by 2-6 spawns or so.  None of them turned, had the lead from early on and evenbtually won each time.  Or had the lead, lsot it early, and never regained it.

System is perfectly fine.  Please don't change it.

Nah, it needs some tweaking

Message 11 of 38 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Aug 15, 2013

It's not just for losing teams. It's for players with a lot of deaths.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 12 of 38 (228 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Aug 15, 2013
I think they should all get normal parts..more realistic doesn't break immersion as much just same amount of parts no matter who is winning for both teams
Message 13 of 38 (211 Views)
Splicer
90 posts

Aug 15, 2013
Absolutely agree. Simple. Every box has a specified type of parts, molotovs and melee weapons in the middle. No more mystery or BS. Winner is the one who uses the SAME OPPORTUNITY the best.

By the way folks. Another game tonight. 1 of 3 I've played. Random teams. My teammates are losing for us. Down 19-13. I got 0 pity parts because I didn't die enough I guess. Would have been better off to run in and die a couple times maybe, then attack. As it were, I had nothin to attack with except bullets and they still had plenty to throw at my teammates. Every time I tried to sneak in for melee or shiv kills, my DA teammate would sprint up to me. The system is broken when it incentivizes sprinting to my death over careful, strategic play.
Message 14 of 38 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
464 posts

Aug 15, 2013

In a 4v4 game (team againt team), they beat us first time and then in second game we go up 19-5! They got moltov and bombs like almost everyone had 2-3 each. The final score was 11-0.

Not just that I have been in games where other team has come back and forced sudden death/won gam from just boxes handing them supplies.

Top it off with Exploive Expert 2, and this is the dumbest thing ND could come up with.

My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/swiftydragon/videos - Last of us tips, and gameplay with commentary.
Message 15 of 38 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Aug 15, 2013

YellowHamma13 wrote:
Just played on High School. My team is losing but I'm doing ok. I counted 5 molotovs from two players. Same guy threw 3 then double bombs in less than a minute. No parts bins. We had just regained the lead and they spawned immediately on top of us with a rain of fire. That's all I could count before I left, I'm sure they had more as they hadn't killed me yet, just my teammates. We were punished for outflanking and outplaying them. . My team had one cumulative Molotov and it was a gift from crafter. This is the type of stuff I'm talking about. People think "it keeps folks from quitting", but I think more winning team participants are leaving games than any game I've ever seen.

haven't you been on high crafting teams. I've been in parties where we all run with crafter three. the molotovs and bombs runneth freely

Message 16 of 38 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2013

The welfare system is for player who has little to no downs/executions if you are on losing team but you have 7 downs + some executions you get normal to little stuff. If you have over 10 kills I think you get very little stuff in the box.

If you are running support loadout with revive/heal AND Crafter 3, don't do A BUNCH of kills and you will get items from the box to craft and gift. I tested this out myself. Regardless of you're winning or losing. Your kills stat is what that determines.

The worst kind of teammates are those who had no kills and continue to spawn and walk in straight to gunfight and died. He should have kept opening boxes because there are tons of stuff for him. But no. Smiley Indifferent

photo 6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - twitter.com/mrsjimmymare
Message 17 of 38 (197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 17, 2013
Sure, but not when they A. Had been beaten 3 matches in a row without this happening and B. they shouldn't have had this much from simply gifting. They had already used their previously crafted items when we killed them the first time. They didn't have an opportunity to hit up boxes, craft, and share. They were spawned pretty much right back in the fight and threw that much. They hit one box, they'd already been to. It was pure pity parts.
Message 18 of 38 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Sep 13, 2013
It is back and worse than ever.

Haven't played a game in two weeks with even decently matched teams. Single digit teammates every time and I'm a level 170... This is in both party and no parties mode. I love this game but with the terrible matchmaking, team balancing, and the pity part welfare system, it's just not fun anymore. I end up on teams with multiple brand new players who are rushing around looking to steak kills. I end up with double digit downs, a handful of kills, and we lose.

On a related topic, the balancing also is giving poor players and teams all the parts and weapons still. I felt like pity parts were solved, but now it's more unbalanced and ridiculous than ever. My brother and I play together. Get two brand new players. Get a lead. The other team comes right back to us with 7 molotovs. Happened TWICE tonight alone. Two different games and groups. We are running crafter 3 and explosion 2 to counter it, but are only managing 1 Molotov combined? And they get melee weapons too. It's no longer about guns and strategy. It's who sucks the most. Get them some help. See what happens. I don't think naughty dog thought this out. These suck **bleep** are only playing this until November, don't cater to their sucking, they'll be on Call of Duty soon and I'll be done with it too because its just not a fun experience anymore. Why have to struggle and be frustrated while playing TERRIBLE and STUPID people?

Sad to say I'm trading for GTA if its not better by Tuesday.
Message 19 of 38 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Sep 13, 2013

YellowHamma13 wrote:

I end up with double digit downs, a handful of kills, and we lose.

Oh I see, you're one of those guys. No wonder you lose if you're not getting any kills and just sniping people from a second storey spawn window.

Message 20 of 38 (132 Views)
0 Likes