Sackboy
486 posts

Re: Please share your "Welfare System" "pity parts" "handicapping" exa

Sep 13, 2013

The only issue i have with this system is how little you get if you are in the lead, getting 1 item per box is slightly ridiculous, once i actually only got 4 ammo for my weapon and that was it.

And the system doesn't update correctly based on the current score, had a match we were winning something like 7-4, then we took a rain of molotov, bombs etc, the score went to 5-4, at that point i opened a supply box and still only got 1 item, next encounter with the other team they were still spamming bombs and molo.

Message 21 of 38 (227 Views)
Wastelander
685 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 13, 2013

Is the severity of this “problem” directly proportional to how badly you’re creaming the other team?  I genuinely don’t know.   I admit that it’s a bit much (or a bit too little) to get only one item per box when you’re winning but we all know this is the way it works…surely, good players can adjust?

In my experience, the only time that the so called “welfare system” becomes a factor (in that the match turns around) is when we lose our focus as a team.  In those cases, my attitude is “Well, we deserved to lose.”  I really don’t see the additional items as a problem…regardless of what side I’m on…winning, I adjust…losing, I might get a few more downs/executions than if I didn’t have the additional items but I can’t recall an instance where it turned the tide of battle unless I got lucky or our opponents lost their team cohesion.

Bigger picture…if the handicapping serves a purpose and keeps the player community healthy and growing, that’s a good thing, right?

Am I missing something?

Message 22 of 38 (216 Views)
Splicer
90 posts

Sep 14, 2013
I agree, when the other team gets parts I'm getting NOTHING. Several times I've gotten only primary ammo... BUT HAD NO PRIMARY WEAPON!

It's not the games we are creaming people that bother me most, though I still don't agree with the system. It's games where we are only up 3-5 kills and get bombarded with molotovs, armor, and machetes. The new nerf of explosion 1-2 also sucks because I can't even get kills with the very few molotovs I do get thru crafter 3. Once the pity parts start, the game also seems to change damage wise. It starts taking 4-5 shots to down even unarmored enemies with a semi auto rifle. We used to switch to crafter 3, explosion 2 to combat pity parts, but now that's not even there AND The balancing of teams is worse now too as I ALWAYS have single digit teammates, in all gamemodes... Meaning they use all our deaths, I kill a few, hide and CAN'T die, then get bombarded with pity parts. This scenario has played itself out at least 80% of the time for 2 weeks.
Message 23 of 38 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Sep 14, 2013
Also, I've seen this system change games very often. We get up 3-5 kills, should have an advantage because they can't afford to sit back and we have lives to play with. Yet, we are at a disadvantage because they are given things I cannot get. Like I said. Using crafter 3 I only craft 1-2 gifts...2-4 items a match, quite often.

I also disagree that the system is healthy. I would play this game for years if its fun and fair. Yet the system they put in place really only benefits idiots who will more than likely ditch this for call of duty in November. Meanwhile, I will quit playing for good and trade my copy in because I don't enjoy a game that rewards stupidity, selfishness, and poor skill. They're losing core players while trying to momentarily keep fools who are going to bounce in November.
Message 24 of 38 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Sep 14, 2013
Oh just saw the fool who assumed I am sitting back and sniping. I'm actually usually only using the revolver and the point was, since you're clearly illiterate, that I cannot kill the downs became **bleep**asses are stealing them and its taking too much damage to get downs. 4,5,6 shots with a fully upgraded revolver, enemy with no armor, all shots are counted as hits on my end. I don't think I have a problem killing or downing, and neither does my brother... We both are a good bit above a 3 KDR, don't steal kills, and are still climbing... Would be much higher if **bleep**asses like you wouldn't steal kills and claim you're "helping the team"
Message 25 of 38 (191 Views)
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Sep 14, 2013

YellowHamma13 wrote:
Oh just saw the fool who assumed I am sitting back and sniping. I'm actually usually only using the revolver and the point was, since you're clearly illiterate, that I cannot kill the downs became **bleep****bleep** are stealing them and its taking too much damage to get downs. 4,5,6 shots with a fully upgraded revolver, enemy with no armor, all shots are counted as hits on my end. I don't think I have a problem killing or downing, and neither does my brother... We both are a good bit above a 3 KDR, don't steal kills, and are still climbing... Would be much higher if **bleep****bleep** like you wouldn't steal kills and claim you're "helping the team"

Right on brother. I only use a revolver too. Much respect. Only I'm not going too bad with my executions. Generally only takes 2-3 shots to down someone and 1-2 to finish them off.

Exactly how high do you reckon your KDR would be if beepasses stopped stealing your kills? 7? 8? 24? You must be getting like all 20 downs in a game of supply raid to maintain a KDR as high as it is.

Message 26 of 38 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Sep 26, 2013
Actually, I do average well above double digit downs. You're trying to be a smart **bleep**, but ironically, you're close.
Message 27 of 38 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1513 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

The OP has some very valid point and I don't think that he may be lying or making some of it up.

1st off, I have see players taking 4 or 5 rounds with the revolver, or 5 shots with the semi auto when not wearing armor.

This is just plain flat out lag packet loss. You can easily just hit start and look at the other players bars. Watch them for about 10 seconds if the have 4 or 5 bars. A lot of times you will see those bars fluctuating like the ones on your home stereo.

Now on to the welfare system.

The welfare system is junk, takes away from fair game play, and doesn't fix skill gaps.

Skill gaps exist for a reason, for you to get better and learn some thing new.

Some players even become dependent of welfare systems in Nd games and find ways to exploit it.

I know players so use to losing on Uncharted 3 that the have created double damage loads out with the dragon sniper to make it a one shot kill.

Believe that, so use to the welfare system that they have load outs designed for it.

Now you know whats to totally awesome about the welfare system in The Last of Us?

You dont even have to stick around after you exploited it and have your stats counted against you.

That's right ladies and gentlemen, you can be getting beat because you were out matched, made stupid mistakes, then have the game give you a plethora of one hit kill weapons, hey dont forget ammo for you purchasable as well.

All this directly from the crate!

Best part about it, you can just psn sign out at the end of the match!

Wow, smuggles you mean it counts against them and not me?

You bet.

Stick around get your pre made mollies, a machete, nail bombs, and run and gun er, run and bomb everyone!

You'll probably take out a few players that are doing everything right, working as a team, hitting four or heck eight crates, and the wont have the arsenal you just acquired in one or two crates.

Then, after all the bull that the game just made you go through, you poor poor soul. Why should you stick around and have your Mega stats count against you. You don't deserve that loss, It's not your fault you chose the hunting rifle on high school and you kept losing to sar users, it's not your fault you ran into a room with three guys and your shiv bat only could down two.

Just leave after, Shazaammmmmm!

No negative effects on you.

Dem noobs you ran into will know not to mess with the great and powerful (insert name).

They will have their stats effected but not yours.

Not only do you get the pleasure of exploiting a welfare system but you get to negatively affect other players that paid for the game as well!

Better yet,

Here's a pro tip from Smugglin himself.

When you are one of the last two remaining guys here is your chance to shine.

Stay far far faaaaaaaar away from your team mate.

He's on his own bro!

Go near a crate, resist, ressssist, opening it.

Let your team mate die. After all, its not like he doesn't know who you are and that YOUR the player he should be following around protecting.

Once he dies, you get 500 parts. Yep you heard me right 500 parts just for letting him die and you being the only one remaining.

Now hit that crate. Wow smuggin, I just won the lottery.

I know, I know don't thank me.

Smuggles, I got three molotovs, three nail bombs, smoke bombs, and a machete!

Good, good, now go reek havoc.

But, don't forget before the finish score screen comes out quit!

I shoot you first, I die= you lag. Vice versa not applicable.
Message 28 of 38 (124 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Sep 26, 2013

I really don't see the hubabaloo about the pity parts system, Hamma.  It makes perfect sense and has never once upset me. If I'm doing extremely well, I get less parts. If there are noobs on the other team who aren't doing well, they get more parts to make up for their lack of skill. 

At the end of the game it really doesn't make a difference to me. So they get some more ammo, and they get to craft some more stuff and waste more molotovs and bombs.  The bottom line is that if you're a decent player you'll find a way to work around them having more stuff and beat them.  It's not like these players actually know how to use the sh!t anyways..

I get that one of your issues with this is that it "rewards" people who suck at the game, but honestly, use your head and tell me that that's not really smart on naughty dogs part. From a business standpoint (and at the end of the day it's all about the dollar) it's a very smart move. Noobs who just straight up suck at the game, and would most likely go 0-8 end up getting a few kills with some of the extra stuff they get. Therefore they have fun, they keep playing now and then, and they buy DLC. 

Frankly, you sound like a crybaby, bro.  If the other team getting some extra stuff bothers you that much then start playing like sh!t so you can get the parts too.  Otherwise, do what I do: Take pity on the people who don't have the capacity to get good at the game, dodge their poorly thrown molotovs and bombs, and simply outplay them. 

I've never once encountered an issue with the pity system. I go and do my rounds in the beginning of the game. Get my nail board, a molotov, a bomb or two, and then I'm set for the rest of the game.  If your K/D and Win/Loss is as good as you say it is then what's the big deal anyways? 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 29 of 38 (115 Views)
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Sep 26, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

Is the severity of this “problem” directly proportional to how badly you’re creaming the other team?  I genuinely don’t know.   I admit that it’s a bit much (or a bit too little) to get only one item per box when you’re winning but we all know this is the way it works…surely, good players can adjust?

In my experience, the only time that the so called “welfare system” becomes a factor (in that the match turns around) is when we lose our focus as a team.  In those cases, my attitude is “Well, we deserved to lose.”  I really don’t see the additional items as a problem…regardless of what side I’m on…winning, I adjust…losing, I might get a few more downs/executions than if I didn’t have the additional items but I can’t recall an instance where it turned the tide of battle unless I got lucky or our opponents lost their team cohesion.

Bigger picture…if the handicapping serves a purpose and keeps the player community healthy and growing, that’s a good thing, right?

Am I missing something?

best post in this thread. totally agree.

Message 30 of 38 (112 Views)
0 Likes