Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Re: Possible New DLC Coming?

Jul 18, 2014

Quinzen8 wrote:
^That would be awesome!! Only thing is since ND, says they will be supporting both versions of the game, I kinda doubt they'd add it, if not just to be fair to the PS3 users. Seeing as they keep teasing about how awesome the remaster is though, I can only hope it is practically TLOU 2!! Smiley Happy

Yeah..  That would be awesome!!

Radio

Don't Hate Me White_Boy, I'm Only better than you :'(
Message 91 of 102 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2220 posts

Jul 18, 2014

Word circulated earlier this week that Naughty Dog had plans to release more downloadable content for The Last of Us in 2014, fueling speculation that the game's story might be further expanded. The game's developer has now clarified it is indeed planning more DLC, but none of it will be for the single-player mode.

Speaking with Digital Spy, Naughty Dog community strategist Arne Meyer stated there are "definitely not" plans for any additional single-player add-ons. Back in February, Sony released the Left Behind DLC, a prequel story starring Ellie. No further continuation of the game's story has been announced; the upcoming PS4 release of The Last of Us Remastered will include Left Behind and all of the other available DLC, but doesn't take the story itself any further.

What we'll instead be getting in future DLC releases is more multiplayer content. "We just wanted to say when we released the Remastered version, we know there's a lot of DLC out there, and that we weren't going to stop supporting both the PS3 and PS4 versions," Meyer said. "We do have some DLC planned; it'll be multiplayer-focused. We're not ready to talk about the details yet, but throughout the rest of the year we'll have some DLC drops."

Past DLC releases have added things like cosmetic items, maps, weapons, and skills for multiplayer, and an additional difficulty mode for the single-player game. Any DLC you purchase on PS3 can be taken with you to Remastered on PS4 (and vice versa), but your multiplayer progress will not carry over from one version to the other.

For more on The Last of Us Remastered, which releases on July 29, check out our interview with Naughty Dog covering the significance of running at 60 frames per second, what's been changed and added, and more.

SOURCE

SOME? Like... more than one?...

Shocking!

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 92 of 102 (158 Views)
I Only Post Everything
817 posts

Jul 18, 2014

I'm assuming the new DLC drops WON'T be part of the season pass.

So question for all you.....

Who would buy a "Season Pass 2" if it included another map pack, possible game mode, etc?

Keep in mind of the player pool, plus even a further division of the player pool.  

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 93 of 102 (151 Views)
Fender Bender
3191 posts

Jul 18, 2014

@DJ_AMs_Crackpipe  Bear in mind also the expected rise in online players because of the new console.

Yes, I would buy it, no doubts at all.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3vPDpbsHk_L1zuIelKwTxw

MGSV S rank walkthrough in progress.
Message 94 of 102 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20031 posts

Jul 18, 2014

L_A_White_Boy wrote:

SOME? Like... more than one?...

AKA some packs of new hats/gestures.

Message 95 of 102 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4806 posts

Jul 18, 2014

DJ_AMs_Crackpipe wrote:

I'm assuming the new DLC drops WON'T be part of the season pass.

So question for all you.....

Who would buy a "Season Pass 2" if it included another map pack, possible game mode, etc?

Keep in mind of the player pool, plus even a further division of the player pool.  

I'm not saying I'd buy another season pass if it had a good amount of content.

But I'd buy another season pass if it had a good amount of content.

tlousig2
Message 96 of 102 (117 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2377 posts

Jul 18, 2014
If ND sell another map pack, they would be officially announcing that they're **bleep** idiots who are incapable of learning from past mistakes. Also, with seven million copies sold, they have more than enough "resources" to make a future map pack free, with a forced download.

A Co-op mode would sell like hotcakes (Every Q&A thread since TLOU's release will tell you that) and be less harmful for the competitive playerpool, they should do that. More hats, guns and skills are welcome too.
Pepsi
Message 97 of 102 (94 Views)
Survivor
2220 posts

Jul 20, 2014

I've been reading tweets of articles of them saying this upcoming DLC is going to be a map pack? Could that be so? If yes, what will the map pack be?

Shocking!

Or will this DLC be the customization items that we "accidentally" saw?

What do you guys think?

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 98 of 102 (51 Views)
Fender Bender
3285 posts

Jul 20, 2014
Mall map confirmed

Ranch map with chickens confirmed
"if all multiplayers were just for fun it would be boring."
Message 99 of 102 (44 Views)
Fender Bender