Sackboy
376 posts

Re: Possible Solution for Stolen Kills and KD ****

Jul 9, 2013

I'd rather a "teammate" execute the enemy than allow them to crawl away and get revived waiting on my **bleep** to claim my rightful execution. Plus this is end of the world mentality, get yours before you revive a teammate if you're so worried about the 50 / 125 parts.

Message 51 of 58 (158 Views)
Sackboy
385 posts

Jul 9, 2013

1. Create an algorithm that tracks the person responsible for the most recent down of a target, and credits them with a "kill" on their stats if said target bleeds out or is executed, and also ensure that a person who executes the target is awarded a kill, but only if they aren't also the person who downed said target most recently...

OR...

2.Keep the current system, where only executions (including a target bleeding out after being downed) are counted as "kills" and kill-stealing is easy because you can just put a couple of bullets in a downed target from relative safety, or rush in after everyone else on your team downed people and steal a couple of kills with no risk because the enemy team are all downed.

OR...

3. Don't label something as a "kill" and track D/E/D (Down/Execute/Revive) instead of a mostly-irrelevant K/D stat.

Which is the more simple solution for kill stealing?

From where I stand, 1 is the LEAST simple solution, and 2 isn't a solution at all.

And you know that "brilliant" idea about reviving people being tracked instead of kills? Revives definitely need to be tracked AS WELL, because if you're focused on playing as a medic, it's not cool to have your contribution to the team ignored. But tracking it INSTEAD of tracking downs and/or executions is no better - you're just swinging the bias the other way. I don't think either playstyle should be promoted above the other. If you're a medic, great. Be a medic. Check out your high place on a "Revives" leaderboard. If you're a fighter, pay close attention to your place on the "Downs" and "Executes" leaderboards. Maybe they could add "/Death ratio" versions of each leaderboard.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 52 of 58 (139 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Who cares if people steal an execution? The only reason I can think of is that person is on an Execution Mission.

Message 53 of 58 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2508 posts

Jul 9, 2013
Just wait. A fair amount of you guys havent had to deal with score per min w*ores yet. They are far worse then the kd ones. Personally i think the Op has a sound idea.

Recently i have been playing with one or two clan size w*ores. Far worse. They WILL PURPOSELY take your kill, they will be the ones asking you to injure your self so they can heal.

Score per min is the most widely faked stat on bf3, on naughty dog games this stat is new. Look at the leaderboards already.
(un)moderated
I bought hardline, forgive me.
Message 54 of 58 (124 Views)
Sackboy
376 posts

Jul 9, 2013

The only stat that matters is your Teabag / Teabagged ratio.

Message 55 of 58 (113 Views)
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jul 9, 2013
I'm a healer/ Reviver. And could give 2 shiz about executions. I freaking hate when people still my revives though, I have revive 3 and can heal everyone very quickly, so why are you waisting time and leaving all three of us open?!?? It happened twice yesterday that I was reviving someone, and by the time the other guy ran over he was shot down in the back. Unless you are near by there's no reason for you to run out in the open and get snipped down.

But I think the person who downed and the person the killed the guy should get parts. What about the times you down a enemy and you get downed at the same time?
Message 56 of 58 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3921 posts

Jul 9, 2013

UsedKittens wrote:
I'm a healer/ Reviver. And could give 2 shiz about executions. I freaking hate when people still my revives though, I have revive 3 and can heal everyone very quickly, so why are you waisting time and leaving all three of us open?!?? It happened twice yesterday that I was reviving someone, and by the time the other guy ran over he was shot down in the back. Unless you are near by there's no reason for you to run out in the open and get snipped down.

If you run in a party, tell them. If you play with randoms, do you expect them to be psychic and know what loadout youre sporting at any given moment?

If someone in my team is down, and I CAN help them, I will. Regardless of the loadouts other people may or may not be carrying.

Message 57 of 58 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
511 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Don't really care if someone steals my kill. Just want team players who are trying to win and if they take a kill from me to do it thaen so be it. 

Message 58 of 58 (81 Views)