Highlighted
Jun 21 2013
By: Psyken PlayStation MVP 2843 posts

Psyken's thoughts on MP

[ Edited ]
19 replies 401 views Edited Jun 21, 2013

I put a lot of time into this game so I think my following statements are just and not exaggerated.

I love that this game is team based. When I'm inpatient or just out of my 'serious' mode, I get derailed and kicked when I'm down... Literally, haha. I feel unstoppable with a team. This game reminds me so much of SOCOM that its crazy.

The balanced gameplay so far is remarkable and stunning. I don't think its perfect but for coming right out of the gate, it sure is strong. My only beef, and my stream followers now this.. Is the semi auto rifle.

So lets talk about the semi auto for a bit: Its a great gun, but I think compared to other large weapons it stands out in flinching, and power. Three shots and down. I have to upgrade the bow one level to down as fast as the rifle. The semi auto rifle however does lack in ammo. If you're not smart you'll find this ammo missing in no time. With so many ways to get ammo in this game though.. Who knows. I'm not saying nerf or buff yet.. Want some more playtime in with it.

The metagame is a great idea but is severely held back by the server issues currently going on with the game. Just last night, I was at 12 weeks and got 'kicked' from a game while playing.... Clan dies. It was quite the setback but now I have no motivation to care about the metagame.

The tools in this game are fun and I like the crafting. It makes you think about what tools you like and if you should save materials you have, for something better or just going ahead and crafting. They were placed well on the UI as well because the materials related with each other are close together.

Executions are great and varied but... What about the bow? I love executing but when I have the bow, I only do the same two animations. Most times I find myself pulling out my pistol in hopes I'll do something different haha. Purchased shotgun is my favorite animation. I love seeing that scared look on my enemies face before blowing it away.

Gestures aren't the best thing in this game and I can hardly see them because of the camera. They're short, and so serious that I'm just meh. I will do them when hovering over a downed enemy every now and then.. That's just the troll in me.

Seven maps are not enough and seeing a repeat map come up after we just played that map is an issue. Play one game of lakeside.. Lakeside comes up again, and people will vote for it again. The maps are excellent, every one of them, don't get me wrong. I don't want to play one map twice in a row though. Not even High School.

One use boosters are amazing and I love that there are tiers to them. We can't just keep getting Large Weapon Upgrades and that makes me happy.

Two game modes... This isn't enough, no matter what type of game you play. This has been a common complaint on the forums though. I do like survivor but not when I get a rather large clan because I feel I don't get the same amount of supplies that I do when playing supply raid. Survivor creates a much slower pace to the game and creates that extra tension that you don't get in supply raid.

9mm needs 5 shots. I know it can go silenced but in a game like this, it feels useless. There's more bullets, more of a chance to miss, more time you spend shooting, bah.. Give me the revolver, its worth going loud for when with my team. 1 2 3.. Down.

Last man standing needs more of a chance. You throw parts at me but what am I suppose to do with that? Body armor doesn't help me with 4 guys pummeling me. I think there should tiers of help. Meaning, 1 vs 1, 1v2, 1v3, 1v4plus. Give me a fighting chance. Not 50% more hp against bullets to my upper body. I think this mechanic is just a little useless. I'm not saying make the guy a tank though.

Is there a limit to how many times you can go down? I think there should be. I've been downed 4 times in a row and just laughed because it was nothing.

The execution window allowed after downing needs to be quickened. someone can shoot the guy before the execution window is up.. People who want an execution get annoyed because your teammate already shot him up before you even had a chance to execute.

Incentives for completing 12 weeks? I get a good job and choose your faction after being shown what my best clan was... You know how hard it was to survive those 12 weeks when you threaten my clan with 100% population being lost if I screw a mission?

Skills, skills, and mo' skills. EXCELLENT job with this. I have such a hard time trying to find what the best skill-set is to use. So many great skills and the points were divded perfectly. I love that it makes me question what's worth it or not. I spend a great deal of time on this everytime I try to make a class. 

Overall, this game is phenomenal with slight issues. None of which are game breaking aside from the server stability issue. There's a lot minor things that could be requested for but I won't do that here.

This game rewards the best teamwork and that doesn't mean just healing. There's decoys, good shots, people who will waste bullets to give you cover so you can raise your teammate. I haven't had this intense of a multiplayer in a while. Its pretty fun and I feel it'll be strong for a long time.

Nerf
Buff
Patch
Adapt

photo tumblr_mf1ussHvgx1qfdlxyo1_1280.png
Message 1 of 20 (401 Views)
Big Daddy
16351 posts

Re: Psyken's thoughts on MP

Jun 21, 2013
Great comments, and while my TV is in other uses (cursed family members) I watch your stream. Great play, dude, i'm learning from watching.

I do note the semi auto most used, as well as the silenced version.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 2 of 20 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1571 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

When you're the last man on your team you get better supplies from caches, full molotovs and bombs usually.

You pretty much summed up the MP right there though.

Message 3 of 20 (387 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2837 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Nice post, and I agree on how the missions can really screw you over..

I think the ability to lose 100% of your clan should stop after 11 weeks, to account for involuntary host  disconnection and the frustration that would case the player.

-----------------
FaceBook: Psyber Kayos
The best FB groups for our communities. Join us!:

The Uncharted Community FaceBook Group (4000+!)

The Last of Us Community FaceBook Group (12,000+!)

Message 4 of 20 (379 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2843 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Thanks Scootgar!

King, I know but I have to make it there first. XD you usually have four madmen sprinting around if they don't know your general location. The MOMENT you're spotted.. Things go to hell.

Nerf
Buff
Patch
Adapt

Message 5 of 20 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Psyken wrote:

I put a lot of time into this game so I think my following statements are just and not exaggerated.

I love that this game is team based. When I'm inpatient or just out of my 'serious' mode, I get derailed and kicked when I'm down... Literally, haha. I feel unstoppable with a team. This game reminds me so much of SOCOM that its crazy.

The balanced gameplay so far is remarkable and stunning. I don't think its perfect but for coming right out of the gate, it sure is strong. My only beef, and my stream followers now this.. Is the semi auto rifle.

So lets talk about the semi auto for a bit: Its a great gun, but I think compared to other large weapons it stands out in flinching, and power. Three shots and down. I have to upgrade the bow one level to down as fast as the rifle. The semi auto rifle however does lack in ammo. If you're not smart you'll find this ammo missing in no time. With so many ways to get ammo in this game though.. Who knows. I'm not saying nerf or buff yet.. Want some more playtime in with it.

The metagame is a great idea but is severely held back by the server issues currently going on with the game. Just last night, I was at 12 weeks and got 'kicked' from a game while playing.... Clan dies. It was quite the setback but now I have no motivation to care about the metagame.

The tools in this game are fun and I like the crafting. It makes you think about what tools you like and if you should save materials you have, for something better or just going ahead and crafting. They were placed well on the UI as well because the materials related with each other are close together.

Executions are great and varied but... What about the bow? I love executing but when I have the bow, I only do the same two animations. Most times I find myself pulling out my pistol in hopes I'll do something different haha. Purchased shotgun is my favorite animation. I love seeing that scared look on my enemies face before blowing it away.

Gestures aren't the best thing in this game and I can hardly see them because of the camera. They're short, and so serious that I'm just meh. I will do them when hovering over a downed enemy every now and then.. That's just the troll in me.

Seven maps are not enough and seeing a repeat map come up after we just played that map is an issue. Play one game of lakeside.. Lakeside comes up again, and people will vote for it again. The maps are excellent, every one of them, don't get me wrong. I don't want to play one map twice in a row though. Not even High School.

One use boosters are amazing and I love that there are tiers to them. We can't just keep getting Large Weapon Upgrades and that makes me happy.

Two game modes... This isn't enough, no matter what type of game you play. This has been a common complaint on the forums though. I do like survivor but not when I get a rather large clan because I feel I don't get the same amount of supplies that I do when playing supply raid. Survivor creates a much slower pace to the game and creates that extra tension that you don't get in supply raid.

9mm needs 5 shots. I know it can go silenced but in a game like this, it feels useless. There's more bullets, more of a chance to miss, more time you spend shooting, bah.. Give me the revolver, its worth going loud for when with my team. 1 2 3.. Down.

Last man standing needs more of a chance. You throw parts at me but what am I suppose to do with that? Body armor doesn't help me with 4 guys pummeling me. I think there should tiers of help. Meaning, 1 vs 1, 1v2, 1v3, 1v4plus. Give me a fighting chance. Not 50% more hp against bullets to my upper body. I think this mechanic is just a little useless. I'm not saying make the guy a tank though.

Is there a limit to how many times you can go down? I think there should be. I've been downed 4 times in a row and just laughed because it was nothing.

The execution window allowed after downing needs to be quickened. someone can shoot the guy before the execution window is up.. People who want an execution get annoyed because your teammate already shot him up before you even had a chance to execute.

Incentives for completing 12 weeks? I get a good job and choose your faction after being shown what my best clan was... You know how hard it was to survive those 12 weeks when you threaten my clan with 100% population being lost if I screw a mission?

Overall, this game is phenomenal with slight issues. None of which are game breaking aside from the server stability issue. There's a lot minor things that could be requested for but I won't do that here.

This game rewards the best teamwork and that doesn't mean just healing. There's decoys, good shots, people who will waste bullets to give you cover so you can raise your teammate. I haven't had this intense of a multiplayer in a while. Its pretty fun and I feel it'll be strong for a long time.

No one takes you serious Psyken, anyone who bragged about doing the most dances on Socom 4 beta has some serious issues. Yeah i remember, anyways never compair this game to Socom, Socom was King, this game is just walking dead meets ghost recon on sleeping pills.

Socom is a classic, you could hide, use the enviroment to your advantage, tactically place explosives, and take out the whole other team BY YOURSELF if the skill was there, this game lacks jump, lacks prone, slow as hell mechanics, snipers are weak as hell, controls are sluggish like racoon city slow as hell, i hate it, and before people jump on the whole you just suck bandwagon think of something else, maybe i just dont like the game? the things i named ruin it for me has nothing to do with anything else i have my own opinion just like anyone else.

Message 6 of 20 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16351 posts

Jun 21, 2013
Can the bleaters and moaners go play the games they say are so much better and gTHO of here?

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 7 of 20 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

scootgar wrote:
Can the bleaters and moaners go play the games they say are so much better and gTHO of here?

i'm already done with the best games, was looking for a new shooter that was uncharted or socom like, no luck till next gen i guess.

Message 8 of 20 (292 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2843 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

No one takes you serious Psyken, anyone who bragged about doing the most dances on Socom 4 beta has some serious issues. Yeah i remember, anyways never compair this game to Socom, Socom was King, this game is just walking dead meets ghost recon on sleeping pills.

Socom is a classic, you could hide, use the enviroment to your advantage, tactically place explosives, and take out the whole other team BY YOURSELF if the skill was there, this game lacks jump, lacks prone, slow as hell mechanics, snipers are weak as hell, controls are sluggish like racoon city slow as hell, i hate it, and before people jump on the whole you just suck bandwagon think of something else, maybe i just dont like the game? the things i named ruin it for me has nothing to do with anything else i have my own opinion just like anyone else.

I didn't brag about having the most victory dances. I may have mentioned that they were easy and gave stupid EXP but that's a different story. I didn't "compare" the game either. I simply stated that it "reminded" me of SOCOM. There is a difference. SOCOM community gave me a lot of hate and just ragged on me for playing the game about, not only as much as I wanted, but how I played it. 

Now you're comparing the game.  I'm not here to do that. 

The sniper hits pretty hard. One headshot and you're already down as well. I don't see how that is weak. Headshots aren't hard to get in this game with decent aiming. 

I can't believe you even touched Raccoon City after seeing Slant 6's name on it. Nothing is as sluggish as Killzone 3 lol.

No one is fighting your opinion of the game. Everyone is entitled to one and these are just my thoughts. You came here to express your opinion and yet, gave no real arguments or facts to back your claims. Saying "this sucks" isn't very insightful and that is poor criticism 

Not everyone has to take me seriously, some people do though and they appriciate the work and helpful efforts that I provide to this community. Some follow my stream, some say thanks, some befriend me wanting to play together. I'm not entirely too sure about what you mean about taking me seriously but I can assure you that my statements in the OP have all been backed up and well thought about. 

Nerf
Buff
Patch
Adapt

Message 9 of 20 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Psyken wrote:

I didn't brag about having the most victory dances. I may have mentioned that they were easy and gave stupid EXP but that's a different story. I didn't "compare" the game either. I simply stated that it "reminded" me of SOCOM. There is a difference. SOCOM community gave me a lot of hate and just ragged on me for playing the game about, not only as much as I wanted, but how I played it. 

Now you're comparing the game.  I'm not here to do that. 

The sniper hits pretty hard. One headshot and you're already down as well. I don't see how that is weak. Headshots aren't hard to get in this game with decent aiming. 

I can't believe you even touched Raccoon City after seeing Slant 6's name on it. Nothing is as sluggish as Killzone 3 lol.

No one is fighting your opinion of the game. Everyone is entitled to one and these are just my thoughts. You came here to express your opinion though yet give no real arguments or facts to back your claims. Saying "this sucks" isn't very insightful and that is poor criticism 

Not everyone has to take me seriously, some people do though and they appriciate the work and helpful efforts that I provide to this community. Some follow my stream, some say thanks, some befriend me wanting to play together. I'm not entirely too sure about what you mean about taking me seriously but I can assure you that my statements in the OP have all been backed up and well thought about. 

The things you underline is what its missing to be a good shooter, IM MY OPINION. Socom and Uncharted were almost perfect, every other shooter fails to interest me. This game is like Racoon City, Ghost Recon future soilder, Spec Ops the line, just to clunk feeling, i like speed, bunny hop, fast strafting so i can skillfully dodge. not my thing thats all.

Message 10 of 20 (271 Views)